IGNORED

Santorum says Obama agenda not "based on Bible"

Cassia

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/santorum-says- ... 47037.html

I'm just sitting here, shaking my head, I don't know what else to do. How is this man currently leading the GOP polls? What is happening down there in the US? Why should the president's agenda be based on the bible? What about the millions upon millions of people who live there who are not Christian?

It just... it just HURTS... this article gave me an insta-headache.

Go Obama, you guys really need him for a second term, if only to keep the crazies away for another four years.

edit: at least I can comfort myself with the fact that Santorum is digging himself in deeper and deeper every day, every damn time he opens his mouth.

My confidence is in the American people. Rick Santorum has to run like a right-wing nut to win the GOP nomination, but in the general election this type of insanity won't fly. This is just my opinion, but if you thought you saw Americans come out of the woodwork in the last election to vote for an impressive black man for president, you ain't seen nothing' like the people who will rise up and vote for him so as to keep a religious fanatic like Santorum out of the White House. I'm sure fundies will be out in full force--but despite how scary they look, they are not the majority, praise God.

He is following the bible? since when? where in the bible are abortions condemned or not helping the poor? the guy is so full of shit is burps smell like shit.

My confidence is in the American people. Rick Santorum has to run like a right-wing nut to win the GOP nomination, but in the general election this type of insanity won't fly. This is just my opinion, but if you thought you saw Americans come out of the woodwork in the last election to vote for an impressive black man for president, you ain't seen nothing' like the people who will rise up and vote for him so as to keep a religious fanatic like Santorum out of the White House. I'm sure fundies will be out in full force--but despite how scary they look, they are not the majority, praise God.

I agree a lot of the crazy shit Santorum has said wouldn't fly in a general election especially when he has lied or exaggerated certain facts.

He is following the bible? since when? where in the bible are abortions condemned or not helping the poor? the guy is so full of shit is burps smell like shit.

I love this post. Santorum is not following bible completely and there isn't a person on this earth who is following the Bible completely. I feel for Santorum's family because of the daughter with Down syndrome. Santorum probably doesn't realize how lucky his family is have resources to help his little girl and he probably could care less about poor or middle class families whose children have Down Syndrome.

I agree a lot of the crazy shit Santorum has said wouldn't fly in a general election especially when he has lied or exaggerated certain facts.

I am praying (okay not really) that you guys are correct, but I'm afraid to think it, because the American populace stuns me with its stupidity every time I do.

I wish people would ask themselves why the fundies are following him around with their bus loads of kids. They know his true colors.

Lil, done guy tried living a year exactly according to the bible. It wasn't sustainable long term. I think the book is called A Year of Living Biblically.

Lil, done guy tried living a year exactly according to the bible. It wasn't sustainable long term. I think the book is called A Year of Living Biblically.

I own that book, the author is AJ Jacobs and it's a pretty good read. Lots of comedy in there, I would recommend it to anybody who is interested.

http://www.ajjacobs.com/books/yolb.asp

I'm no fan of Obama, but I'm not seeing the problem here.

Yes, it begs the question, "Why do I care?" Obama's agenda isn't based on the Torah either. So what?

So, what, Santorum claims that his administration will be based on the Bible?

So he's going to push for a law that sets a hard-and-fast date every 7 years on which all debts are forgiven and all mortgages declared paid? He's going to demand that all farmers sow to the corners of the fields but reap with the corners rounded off, and make sure that every bite of that extra food is picked up by poor people or by non-profits that get food to poor people, with the only qualification for aid being that somebody asks for help? He's going to demand that Congress ensure the welfare of all families that lose their breadwinner--really insure it, not just offer a week's worth of commodities per month and enough money to buy ramen? Is he going to enforce the one about not charging interest on loans as well?

*crickets*

Yeah, thought so.

I love this post. Santorum is not following bible completely and there isn't a person on this earth who is following the Bible completely. I feel for Santorum's family because of the daughter with Down syndrome. Santorum probably doesn't realize how lucky his family is have resources to help his little girl and he probably could care less about poor or middle class families whose children have Down Syndrome.

HIs daughter is not Downs; she has a fatal chromosomal disorder called Trisomy 18.

I sure as hell hope Obama's agenda is not based on the bible. I wouldn't vote for him if it were.

I swear, nearly everything smear campaign Santorum and his supporters try to run on his opponents makes me like them more :?

HIs daughter is not Downs; she has a fatal chromosomal disorder called Trisomy 18.

Oh sorry I didn't know that, I thought she had Trisomy 21.

So, our president's agenda is not based on the Bible.

And, in other news, many people in various professions are doing their job appropriately, too.

Also, my dog is obedient and my car is running nicely.

The rain outdoors is falling down, so I guess gravity is working pretty well, too.

And, in other news, many people in various professions are doing their job appropriately, too.

Also, the water is indeed blue.

No silly, water is clear. Its just reflecting the color of the sky. Much like Frothy is reflecting the shit that he is feed by his religious advisors.

In Singing in the Rain, when Gene Kelly is singing and dancing, they added milk to the water, literally milk, to make it show up on film better.

So he's clarified:

"You may want to call it a theology, you may want to call it secular values," he said. "Whatever you want to call it. . . it is a different set of moral values that they are imposing on people who have a constitutional right to have their own values within the church."

In other words: "What we'd like to do is impose our moral values on people who have a constitutional right to have their own values OUTSIDE the Bible."

So he's clarified:

In other words: "What we'd like to do is impose our moral values on people who have a constitutional right to have their own values OUTSIDE the church."

Archived