IGNORED

Josh & Anna Talk About Dating and Purity

GeoBQn

You can definitely get pregnant while nursing , and can continue to breastfeed while pregnant, and after the baby is born as well.. I have a picture of me looking soooooo, soooooo exhausted while nursing my toddler and (surprise !) baby.

I think it depends on people. One of my friends had to stop because #2 just would not bf anymore shortly after she learned she was pregnant. Michelle also says her babies fuss when she gets pregnant again.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't wait until marriage for sex. My husband didn't wait until marriage for sex. My husband was married once before he married me. We have a great marriage. We get along nicely. We're each others' best friends. The sex is great (of course it was also great with a couple of my former boyfriends, why they think sex can only be great with one person is beyond me). So, I think Josh and Anna are full of it.

Why on earth would I take anything they had to say seriously? Did they date other people? Did they have sex before marriage? What life experiences can they share to convince me that the traditional dating scene and pre-marital sex are bad? They have nothing. They found a method that worked well for them and just assumed that it would work well for everyone. Thinking you have all the answers and all others are just poor misguided idiots is the height of self-centeredness and immaturity.

I also forgot to say I like how they make the Kellers out to be Godly, moral parents, when in fact they are shitty excuses for human beings who shun their (perfectly conservative Christian) children for having left the (cult-like) flock.

I didn't wait until marriage for sex. My husband didn't wait until marriage for sex. My husband was married once before he married me. We have a great marriage. We get along nicely. We're each others' best friends. The sex is great (of course it was also great with a couple of my former boyfriends, why they think sex can only be great with one person is beyond me). So, I think Josh and Anna are full of it.

Why on earth would I take anything they had to say seriously? Did they date other people? Did they have sex before marriage? What life experiences can they share to convince me that the traditional dating scene and pre-marital sex are bad? They have nothing. They found a method that worked well for them and just assumed that it would work well for everyone. Thinking you have all the answers and all others are just poor misguided idiots is the height of self-centeredness and immaturity.

I didn't watch the whole thing, but I might later on. From the 16 minutes that I watch I could see that J&A are full of it. At first Josh said that he and Anna weren't experts, but then later on Josh talked about how he could "tell that his friends made mistakes". Josh and Anna have never truly lived in the real world, they have been controlled a lot by their parents. Josh and Anna have never had the life experiences that most people have had. Josh never lived away from home before marriage and I'm not sure if Anna ever lived away from home. Josh had a previous engagement and courtship prior to Anna. The young woman's name is Emma Holt and her family were also friends with the Duggars and there was a falling out between the families. Josh and Anna have no concept of what the traditional dating scene is. They have likely been brainwashed into thinking that all forms of dating are bad and their families have likely told stuff that isn't true about all dating situations. In the episode of 19KAC in which moron author Sarah Malley visits the Duggar girls and some of their friends, one of the J'Slaves made a comment that young women who date, "are always dating different guys". I could tell that Boob and Mullet have been exaggerating certain things or they use fear tactics to make the J'Slaves see dating as evil

I think some of the people who were in that audience at that church probably didn't take anything Josh and Anna said seriously. Some of them probably laughed at the BS Josh and Anna were spouting out. That church isn't a fundie church and probably some of the members are less conservative than the Duggars. Josh and Anna have been giving speeches like that before and on there website they even talk about "counseling other Christian couples."

Going to lose some steam once people start asking, "Jeff and Anna who?" Of course, "the one who had her baby on the toilet" will jog memories for awhile, but... I don't see this job being quite as forever as the forever love of a boy & a girl who save themselves for marriage.

I was also thinking the same thing gilora was thinking about this being J&A's post TLC plan. J&A probably think they can make huge money off being Christian motivational speakers, which some people do. But with Josh and Anna, once TLC is out of the picture, their popularity will diminish. Some churches might be willing to pay 5 k to people who have appeared on a reality show. But in time people in different Christian circles will forget about them and some mainstream Christians know about the dark side of some of the beliefs that fundies have.

From that video, Josh and Anna didn't seem too professional at times. I agree with others, Josh is a better speaker than Boob, but he still has several issues. Josh texting part of the time Anna was talking looked rude and the audience saw him. I only watched 16 minutes, but I thought Anna looked ridiculous when she practically stared at Josh for several minutes.

Whats striking to me (beyond the pregnancy) it the whole story of the courtship. He went to the FATHER not Anna, not both parents etc. He belittles the mother by talking about how you can tell a girl is crazy by looking at the mother. So yeah, its worth speaking to mommy just to get a feeling of what type of chef she's gonna be, but thats about it. Mommy can maybe tell you some things about what she likes to do and eat but she's not worth involving in any serious conversations.

The "right way" to seek to court someone is to talk to daddy, not the woman herself. Daddy can tell her if she's going to marry someone. Daddy can make the young man do tests, like memorizing 3 whole bible verses! WOW! Thats really really hard and requires shit like, reading... and 5 minutes worth of concentration! If you can pass this really hard test you can have their daughter!

Virginity is like a rose. Its beautiful untouched. No one wants a rose that has been fucked with. Actually... florists routinely trim the outer leaves to remove damaged petals. Analogy fail.

I'm not even going to touch the "christmas package".

Josh is fucking crazy. Hes strung together a bunch of lines from shit people have thought was funny in the past and what they've practiced on their website. This will not be a career. Sure, theres an idiot that will pay them (just look at the mega church morons) but for how long? How long until one of their siblings finally escape the house and starts breeding on their own? The real money is breaking with the party and telling the real story... I'd pay $5 to hear that!

As for BF while prego... I cant even imagine what that does to your body. We know she isnt getting the nutrition she needs!

Anna is morphing into Michelle, and both of them are in love with their own celebrity. They are also stuck with each other, and have to make the best, and best show of their relationship because, well, that's what god commanded them to do.

I've never understood the idea that a girl isn't mature enough to pick a young man to marry on her own, yet she is considered mature enough to get married. If you can't be responsible enough to pick your own spouse, you surely shouldn't be getting married.

Whats striking to me (beyond the pregnancy) it the whole story of the courtship. He went to the FATHER not Anna, not both parents etc. He belittles the mother by talking about how you can tell a girl is crazy by looking at the mother. So yeah, its worth speaking to mommy just to get a feeling of what type of chef she's gonna be, but thats about it. Mommy can maybe tell you some things about what she likes to do and eat but she's not worth involving in any serious conversations.

The "right way" to seek to court someone is to talk to daddy, not the woman herself. Daddy can tell her if she's going to marry someone. Daddy can make the young man do tests, like memorizing 3 whole bible verses! WOW! Thats really really hard and requires shit like, reading... and 5 minutes worth of concentration! If you can pass this really hard test you can have their daughter!

Virginity is like a rose. Its beautiful untouched. No one wants a rose that has been fucked with. Actually... florists routinely trim the outer leaves to remove damaged petals. Analogy fail.

I'm not even going to touch the "christmas package".

Josh is fucking crazy. Hes strung together a bunch of lines from shit people have thought was funny in the past and what they've practiced on their website. This will not be a career. Sure, theres an idiot that will pay them (just look at the mega church morons) but for how long? How long until one of their siblings finally escape the house and starts breeding on their own? The real money is breaking with the party and telling the real story... I'd pay $5 to hear that!

As for BF while prego... I cant even imagine what that does to your body. We know she isnt getting the nutrition she needs!

I think J&A's speaking career will only last maybe a couple of years at most. TLC might be canning 19KAC soon and once that is gone, some churches will have less interest in booking any Duggar to speak at an event. J&A will likely get some gigs speaking at churches in Arkansas for awhile, but from what I've heard and read some Arkansans are tired of the Duggars. J&A don't have the abilities or personalities to appeal to a lot of mainstream Christians. I have seen videos of Christian motivational speakers at places like the Crystal Cathedral and other megachurches and as an atheist I enjoyed their speeches because the speakers are in tune with the real world and the different things people go through.

I like the Christmas present analogy. As if nobody ever got a surprise Christmas present they totally hated, couldn't use, didn't fit, etc. but had to 'keep sweet' so as not to offend the giver. Imagine being a virgin, courting, getting arranged married, then having THAT feeling for the rest of your life. I bet Anna woudl regift Josh, if she could!

They're gonna be so miserable in five years. No show, little/no money, more kids, no education, no job outside of JB's empire. Have fun!

ETA: Does Josh let customers take test drives, or even sit in the car before the buy it? Dating/sex before marriage is kind of the same concept.

I've never understood the idea that a girl isn't mature enough to pick a young man to marry on her own, yet she is considered mature enough to get married. If you can't be responsible enough to pick your own spouse, you surely shouldn't be getting married.

A woman could never be mature enough to pick her own spouse. She could be 80, and she'd still need Daddy to tell her what to do.

I put this on for a quick look and got sucked in to listening to the full thing. Annas defo up the duff, when she talks about christmas and opening presents early she puts her arm up, can defo see a bump!

WOW the Emma Holt thing is interesting!

I agree its all just so condescending and patronizing and downright hilarious to be honest because neither of them have any real life experience nor any real thoughts of their own!

Their entire spiel is full of judgement, homophobia and scare tactics!

WOW the Emma Holt thing is interesting!

I agree its all just so condescending and patronizing and downright hilarious to be honest because neither of them have any real life experience nor any real thoughts of their own!

Their entire spiel is full of judgement, homophobia and scare tactics!

Scare tactics are apart of the Duggar BS machine. I wouldn't be surprised if the Kellers use scare tactics with their kids. As I mentioned before, I bet some of the people int he accident hated their spiel and I can see some people laughing at Josh and Anna later on.

When it comes to the issues of sex, dating, and purity, some Christian speakers thrive on scare tactics. One of the worst Christian speakers on those issues has been Pam Stenzel. Josh reminded me a bit of Pam.

Aw, but I was just saying to myself this morning, "I wish some smug, under-educated, brainwashed 20-somethings could tell me what to think about relationships and life-long commitments like marriage and parenthood.

My blood still boils when he starts out by talking about how God created men first, but not because He thinks men are better. FUCK YOU, JOSH. You most certainly do think that's why God created man first.

Haven't read this whole thread yet, but I finally finished watching their speech. Wow, what a rambling, disorganized mess. Neither of them is even marginally articulate. How much planning did they even do for this? It was especially random how he started talking about politics at the end.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: poor Anna. She was just standing there the whooole time Josh talked. So adoring, so sweet. I could never do that.

I love how Anna said that what first attracted her to Josh was seeing he was such a "hard worker." Um, yeah right. Also liked Josh's oh-so-self-deprecating comments on his weight.

Quote from Josh's speech: "President Obama has done a lot of things to hinder the ability of each one of you to have a future."

My blood still boils when he starts out by talking about how God created men first, but not because He thinks men are better. FUCK YOU, JOSH. You most certainly do think that's why God created man first.

Personally, I like to think of "firsts" as more of a rough draft...

Yeah but biologically, don't we all start out as female? put that in your pipe and smoke it Smuggar!

Haven't read this whole thread yet, but I finally finished watching their speech. Wow, what a rambling, disorganized mess. Neither of them is even marginally articulate. How much planning did they even do for this? It was especially random how he started talking about politics at the end.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: poor Anna. She was just standing there the whooole time Josh talked. So adoring, so sweet. I could never do that.

I love how Anna said that what first attracted her to Josh was seeing he was such a "hard worker." Um, yeah right. Also liked Josh's oh-so-self-deprecating comments on his weight.

Quote from Josh's speech: "President Obama has done a lot of things to hinder the ability of each one of you to have a future."

That quote was such BS

yeah that's the evil president's plan--to hinder us from having futures! No evil Democrat EVER honestly believes his policies benefit the country in the slightest!

(Not that I have a high opinion of politicians in general, on either side. But I believe at least some of them, maybe even most of them, have good intentions at least some of the time.)

Don't get on the internet until you are paying for it (and your roof) yourself from your full time job. Don't get on the FreeJinger site ever.

Quit.

Fucking.

Talking.

Yes, he does let people test drive cars.

If shes pregnant. She has to wean Micheal by 6 months or so.

Not necessarily. Coming from a conservative Catholic background, I know many families with closely spaced kids. Some of them weaned, but some of them just nursed both kids. The main issue was more how the pregnancy affected the mother's milk supply. For many women I know, as long as the child is eating baby foods, they were still able to produce enough milk to keep breast feeding for a few feedings a day, though the last trimester was tough.

Basically, it comes down to the mom and the baby. Some women will be able to keep breast feeding, and some will not. Some babies will keep feeding through pregnancy, and some will begin to wean themselves.

Archived