IGNORED

Josh & Anna Talk About Dating and Purity

GeoBQn

I'm bored enough that I watched the whole thing. It was pretty gross, but I have to say that Josh has more self-awareness than I thought he did. I thought he had absolutely none and he seems to have a minute amount.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous

This is such BS...I couldn't stand it for more than 5 minutes. My nieces who are 17 & 13 actually laughed, and the oldest said..they obviously never lived in the real world! LOL

Smuggar couldn't resist bringing out his iPone and texting? He started just a minute into Anna talking 16:00. Talk about disrespectful!! Texting ON STAGE.

Anna delivers a zinger that she "settled for what she could get". Ouch!

Up next: I'll give talks on peeing standing up and how to hide an erection from all the defrauding. I don't have a penis, so naturally that makes me an expert on them!

I'll follow up with a lecture on how women think, and how they're dumber/less capable than men. :lol:

@ the 18 minute mark Anna describes a rose that's been pulled apart vs. one that's perfect and whole as a dating analogy. Ugh.

Oh, and they're both pregnant!

Josh: "We aren't out to get the highest ratings." Nope, you're out for the highest check you can cash in exchange for your souls.

Josh and Anna joked about the Bates hitting 19... Anna said JB and Mr. Bates are trying to see who can break the tie and Josh said something about how Kelly is the only one who can tell J'chelle that she had more pregnancies than her because some of J'chelle's were twins. They were joking, but I bet this confirms all of our snark on the supposed Bates/Duggar competition.

I'll follow up with a lecture on how women think, and how they're dumber/less capable than men. :lol:

Don't forget to follow up with how to pretend to listen to your wife blather on about her day in the evening, even if it bores you, 'cause that's what women need! Classic Jim-Bob!

Anna was looking forward to "opening the package on her wedding day." tee hee

:puke-huge: Thank God I found the barfing smiley.

In all seriousness, I feel SO SAD for Anna. She had no way of knowing...

Everyone! Look at 29:18 He says, "I've actually been to the concession stand... and you can tell I've been there a few times. I was actually pretty skinny when I got married so guys just a little heads up- it does happen when you get married. I've had plenty of friends tell me I've got to get on a healthy road so I'm working on that so keep watching the show!" That was a total remark to us here at Freejinger. Josh is making fun of himself in this. He knows that he comes off as smug and even said at 41:30 that Anna's dad wrote down that he needed to work on the character quality of humility. He was joking though but at least he knows he comes off as smug.

Judging from the stage, that church plays contemporary Christian music. Wouldn't J&A have been scandalized by that? Isn't contemporary stuff a Gothard no-no?!

So I think at 4 minutes he's knocking gays. Because god says its "not ok" who you date...

I wonder why Michael was there, the only reason I can think of is that she's still breastfeeding - which makes pregnancy a little less likely, right? Can you be pregnant and still nurse?

9:20 - He can do great things... for god... not in the working world, clearly since he's a lazy fuck

10:00 - lots of outside influences telling him what a relationship should be. Really, you had outside influences? So boob was very good because they explained his thoughts and desires and clarified that things were not right before god. There were some things he didnt go to his parents about - wrong thoughts and temptations... sin in the camp?

11:35 - "those things came back" later... interesting...

13:20 - he sees people in restaurants as servers or busboys and they've made the wrong choices, he can tell. He knew them from his youthgroup...

14:20 - Anna starts talking. She sounds VERY young. She says "um" a lot and uses VERY basic language. If I didnt know her and just listened to her voice and word choice I'd say she's 14

15:35 - Josh starts texting while Anna is speaking. Awesome example of a man, smugs!

16:35 - Smugs has to wipe the sweat away with a tissue while anna rambles about liking people at 13 - 14 but it was too early to marry so whats the point. Its not worth daydreaming because you cant get married. God wants you to take that energy and turn it into saving other people and bringing them to jesus. Because she was sooooo good, god gave her the BEST husband in the world!

18:35 - A rose story. No one wants a rose thats been "pulled apart and touched", you want to be like the untouched rose. Um, having sex or kissing someone doesnt make you ridden hard, bitch. You dont "lost petals" when you explore your sexuality and enjoy yourself.

You should pray for your future husband and hope that he will be saved and love god. Even if he's made mistakes that he will have a humble and broken spirit...

21:40- Joshie was homeskooled and he graduated at 16 so he's da bomb and had time to do other things and see cool stuff like daddy running for office. That opened him up to "a whole new realm" of people that scoffed and hated him. NYtimes took a picture and it got in the paper which was seen by parents magazine, they agreed to the story IF they dont edit out their faith because its the core of their life. Um... you have totally edited your faith for TLC! So, the parents mag article was read by discovery channel and thats how they got the show on discovery health. Again, same thing about keeping their faith in it. IT WAS THE #1 SHOW ON THE NETWORK! That led to other shows. They focused on weaving in how god is faithful.

Moved to the TLC network and then got the series. Its had 170 episodes? Really? Not out to get the highest ratings. Out to share their message on their god given platform of the hope thats in christ.

Anna did her best to stare lovingly at him while he blathered. She's been trained well...

26:40 - "their story" - went to a homeskool conf and he was just 18. People asked him if he had a girlfriend and he had corny lines. He said that he's waiting for the one god has for him and people made fun of him. He was working in politics and worked on various races, several months at the capital...

28:10 - met "this girl" (not young woman...) and he didnt know what to say. Hes a "homeschool, he likes to use big words but cant spell them..." Various other homeschool jokes...

29:15 - at the concession stand (insert fat joke - he then goes off on a tangent about him gaining weight and a health plan). He met Anna and her siblings. The families had been in contact and it was god - wow. He had been praying... didnt want to date.

Went to the boob and told him that he met his wife... He saw it because his heart was in the right place so he knew. God laid out for him what he needed to do to get to the place where he could be the husband god wanted him to be.

32:15 - Anna takes back over. She remembers meeting josh but didnt have the same feelings. The next day she was praying andshe realized that josh met the things that she was praying for. A year later she was running an errand with her dad and he asked her if god had put any men in her heart... she mentioned how impressed she was with smugs. Dad said that he thought she'd marry him. He said she needed to pray...

She prayed for the Duggars and she was close with the sisters. She didnt tell anyone else.

34:15 - she was on the phone and josh walked in and josh was coming to florida to buy a truck. He asked to stay at their house. While they were there Josh spoke to her mom about how awesome he is and his business... house... etc.... florida is great to "raise a wife and a family."

MOM WAS UNAWARE OF THE CONVERSATION WITH DAD.

35:55 Josh came and helped with the prison ministry and asked dad for permission to court her. She was excited.

36:40 - Josh takes back over. He had to prepare himself to support a wife and a family and worked towards it. Went to his parents only when he had things "in order."

38:20 - He went to florida and did it the "right way" by asking her father because when you marry someone you marry the family too. You need to honor everyone involved so you learn about the person by ineracting with their family.

39:20 - He met some real "winners" and he knew they sucked because their mothers are crazy.

40:50 - He grew in character because he had to memorize 3 chapters of scripture to be allowed to marry anna. He had to identify 7 character qualities he needed to work on... Josh only came up with 3...

43 - they got to know eachother over the phone. Everything is wrong with sex before marriage because there are consequences... wants everyone to download familylivestoday something about not settling for second rate sex. You're not settling for gods best. Its a tragedy to yield to temptation. Set boundaries and stand alone for god and purity and absitinence... god will bless you and give you more. If you think that the person you want to fuck is gods best for you... they're not if you want to fuck them because you are willing to give something up. God doesnt want you to be second rate, so someone that youre willing to wait for is gods best. HUH?

45:45 - call it courting or dating it doesnt matter so long as you keep to gods boundaries. Set out the boundaries in writing in advance so you dont make decisions in the moment.

47:10 - the boundaries they set were because they didnt trust themselves to be alone. They'd call in the morning and have devotions together and they had time limits on the phone calls because they wanted to set the boundaries before god. The short time made them focus on eachother. They needed the boundaries because satan would want to fuck with them.

49:00 - waiting for the alter is worth it because your purity matters so much. God put the desires in you and their holy - but only in marriage. First kiss was on the wedding day to honor god and it brought them joy.

Anna - how many people opened a christmas present early and re wrapped it? On christmas day youre not excited and it takes out the christmas fun. Having desires are not wrong god gave you those desires. Youre looking forward to opening your package on christmas day... Waiting is giving that desire back to god and saying thanks

51:10 thinking your better because youre pure is wrong. God looks at your heart, look at your relationship with god and live from today on and put the past in the past and look to jesus.

51:50 - josh snags mic back and rambles about god wants every area of your life. make sure your honoring god with every decision you make.

52:50 - some of you may be in politics, some in prison - they're not too far apart...

53:20 - plugs the car lot and makes fun of someone that doesnt. Then goes off on politics. He enjoys getting in politics and having those experiences. There are lots of awesome campaigns. Then plugs some races. If youre not over 18 get your parents. Presidential stuff... obama is attacking religion and hinders the ability of the kids in the room to have a future. You can elect someone that will stand for YOUR values. YAY frothy... yay santorum. He stands for smuggar's values. You can go work for him or one of the other red candidates. there is a distinction... get involved... make a difference.

You guys owe me 56 minutes of my life back please!

Josh does speak a lot better than his father. Anna has come a long way in her public speaking, too. I don't agree with their views, but they do seem to love each other. They do seem to truly believe in what they are saying.

Anna does appear to be preggers. 3 kiddies under 3...

Anna was looking forward to "opening the package on her wedding day." tee hee

I have to agree. Josh is better at speaking then his dad. I only made it through 15 minutes...then clicked through the rest watching a few more minutes. I think it is because JimBob says the same old stories, and sounds so fake. Josh was less polished so I guess more believable (I don't agree with what he was saying) to the audience.

I had my 9 year old look at Josh & Anna and asked her if Anna looked pregnant. She said, the guy looks very pregnant! Gosh that gut was huge walking up on stage. He really needs admit he is gaining weight and to buy new shirts. I still think she is pregnant.

I thought for being so young, they both did pretty well. Josh didn't come off so smug. Anna said "um" a lot. When I was their age, I would have passed out rather than speak in front of a large crowd. The content was exactly what I expected.

Josh and Anna joked about the Bates hitting 19... Anna said JB and Mr. Bates are trying to see who can break the tie and Josh said something about how Kelly is the only one who can tell J'chelle that she had more pregnancies than her because some of J'chelle's were twins. They were joking, but I bet this confirms all of our snark on the supposed Bates/Duggar competition.

Doesn't she know the difference between full-term pregnancy and miscarriage? A loss was still a pregnancy.

I wonder why Michael was there, the only reason I can think of is that she's still breastfeeding - which makes pregnancy a little less likely, right? Can you be pregnant and still nurse?

I have a friend whose daughter was born two days after mine, and she thought breastfeeding was good birth control. Before our daughters were a year old, she had a one-month-old full-term son.

Breastfeeding can lessen fertility, but it doesn't mean you can't get pregnant, and plenty of women get pregnant within a month or two thinking they can't.

Thanks for the write-up!

I've had plenty of friends tell me I've got to get on a healthy road so I'm working on that so keep watching the show!

He's working on that? What, in between double cheeseburgers? Working on it like he's working on that law degree? Working on the "before" picture, maybe. It sounds like TLC's going to pretend he's "working on it" and Joshie will play along for one episode, but he's definitely NOT "working on it." You have to WANT to lose weight in order to put in the effort it takes, and right now the only thing he wants is an order of chili cheese fries.

And about his clothes being too tight -- I estimate he's been gaining about 5 lbs per month, which would mean he'd need new (larger) clothes about every other month. Those clothes probably fit fine the last time he wore them. He probably didn't realize they were too tight til he tried to cram himself into them right before the speech. Next time Anna goes to the thrift store, she might as well buy stuff in the next couple of sizes, because they'll fit him eventually.

Archived