IGNORED

Jesus's Special Little Snowflakes (Twins/One Bright Corner)

Daenerys

...from next week.

onebrightcorner.blogspot.com/2012/02/aha-moments.html

This is the very last unanswered question! It has been challenging and inspiring to answer everyone's questions from last year, and we hope that you have more on your mind, because--believe it or not--our blog anniversary is next week, and will be full of special guest posts, giveaways, and an opportunity for your questions.

Much as I disagree with these girls I find their responses are always interesting, well-thought out and polite. It's actually a very good insight into the ATI mindset as they truly believe everything they say! So what should we ask them about? I personally want to know how they were 'convicted' to stay at home when they could have done so much more. It certainly seems from their posts that they previously had career/college ambitions... I wonder if the family has been getting steadily more fundy?

Just perusing their site as I have nothing better to do, I came across this post [onebrightcorner.blogspot.com/2010/06/life-of-remembrance.html]. The Muslim replier left a nice, polite comment on the similarities between Christianity and Islam. Mikaela was straight in there, making sure not only that he knows they have nothing substantial in common :roll: but that he should read the Bible and discover how Christianity is better so that he can be 'saved'. The arrogance is astounding!

MK

Mikaela, you and Lauren are so mature and deep for your age that it astounds me at times. I love your vivid descriptions about everything. Even Muslims believe that Allah holds us accountable for our actions from a young age, and that it is best to build our relationship with him since then.

Mikaela

MK--I thank you for the compliment! I just visited your blog and enjoyed looking over it and learning about a culture entirely different from mine.

Unfortunately, we are not at an understanding on religion. You seem to go to great lengths in your comments to bring out similarities between Christianity and Islam, and I do not deny that there are similiarites. However, they are as similar as a zebra and a cow--both are black and white, have four legs, a tail, and a face with the usual additions, but that is where the similarity ends. If you respect Christianity so much that you wish to align Islam with it, then consider abandoning the latter and joining the former. There is nothing productive to be gained by pointing out the similarities between the two. If you are confused about our stance, please read Lauren's comment on her post "For Fear of Music."

This is obviously a topic of interest to you, so I would encourage you to keep reading our blog as well as search the Scripture so you can observe first-hand the differences between Christianity and Islam.

A quick search showed me that Lauren shares this belief that she and her family are more special than everyone else, even other Christians. Apparently she was sad to watch the Royal Wedding as the couple (Church of England) are not 'saved' according to her... even though they are both Christian.

onebrightcorner.blogspot.com/2011/05/god-who-hears-me.html

Nearly every religion has prayer, but only followers of Jesus Christ have a living, hearing God to whom we can pray. Nearly every religious person in the world would say they pray, but only children of the one true God receive answers to their prayers, and I am one of them.

Isaiah 46:6-7 and 9 describes the heartbreaking futility of those who pray to false gods, their words dissipating in the wind, unheard.

onebrightcorner.blogspot.com/2011/05/wedding-of-all-millenia.html

Yet even as I enjoyed the wedding, I was saddened by the thought that, to my knowledge, neither Prince William nor Kate are saved, and most of the ceremony was probably mere routine for them. Therefore, I do condone them as role models or ideals to strive after.

I can't help but wonder if these two are ever going to meet someone different from them and really come down to earth with a bump! They really do think they are so incredibly special in a way that no one over the age of twelve really ever should. Also they require no 'proof' other than their own experience to decide that their God is the right God and totally separate from the Jewish or Islamic deity. I shouldn't think either of them know the first thing about other religions to be able to make comments like that!

I was tempted to post a comment but then I saw that discussion was from 2010 so no point. How rude is that? The young woman from Pakistan takes the trouble to come to their blog and have a friendly and interesting discussion about their religion, and she just insults her? *sigh* Doesn't she realize she could have made a friend from across the world, and learned something from her as well?

Yeah, the royal wedding comments were insulting too - how does she know anything about the royals' faith? I'm so glad blogs were not invented when i was a teenager, I and my friends would probably have sounded just as silly and know-it-all. Not about religion, but I'm sure about other things.

I used to get pissed off at how judgmental people like this are. But now I keep my blood pressure in check by smiling about how HORRIFIED they are going to be to see in heaven the people they condemn.

I always find it amazing when people claim to know the state of other people's salvation.

People they've never met, at that! :think: :naughty:

I always find it amazing when people claim to know the state of other people's salvation.

This! It still bugs me (hangover from my Christian days).How I would have put it back then:

Well, taking God's decisions away from God and putting it on arrogant people to decide, great plan, fundies. Nobody knows how God deals with anyone ever after they die. Even somebody who appears to have done a lot of bad stuff or hasn't a visible appearance of religion or whatever. It's God who does the judging parts, and we are not allowed to.

They are ATI right? When I get the time I think I will ask them what they think of all the people who were raised in ATI and are now coming out as adults about how the program is abusive and cult-like. And link to the recovering grace site.

They are ATI right? When I get the time I think I will ask them what they think of all the people who were raised in ATI and are now coming out as adults about how the program is abusive and cult-like. And link to the recovering grace site.

They are ATI/VF... they were at the Baucham wedding but they go to this college [elos.edu/onlinecatalog/CourseDescriptions_p1.php] which is affiliated with ATI. I haven't been able to find much info on their church (Heritage Bible Church, somewhere on the WA/OR border), which is one their Dad and some others founded a couple of years ago after breaking away from an overly liberal fundy church. They seem to be heading down the route of becoming more and more fundy... they have mentioned having career ambitions as young teens, but were then 'convicted' to stay at home under their father's authority and go to online Bible college instead of a real one with a 'liberal humanist worldview', the horror. They still have some independence, being piano/violin teachers, and wear shorts and vests for hiking, so they aren't Maxwellian yet. But I can see it in their or their children's future...

I'm glad someone else finds them interesting, I sure can't understand why more of the board aren't interested! They are my #1 fundy blog :lol:

Yeah, the royal wedding comments were insulting too - how does she know anything about the royals' faith?

She probably presumes they aren't Christians because they aren't out there shoving the bible down the throats of everyone in the world.

Archived