IGNORED

Is Michelle serious with this blog?!

Whit88

Michelle just recently wrote a blog about "the importance of grieving after a miscarriage." She explains that she has spent the past couple months grieving and and feeling her "sadness"......Umm no the hell you haven't...you have spent the past couple months parading around and touring all over the damn place promoting Santorum.

Something is seriously not right about this woman...I'm noticing that even the fans on the TLC forum are starting to notice the dark side of this family...this is definitely going to be their last season!

http://parentables.howstuffworks.com/se ... grief.html

They're reaching for a new "brand." This seems to be how she's trying to sell it. They see that the "and counting" days are about over and the books will need to change as the kids grow. Now she can be a speaker about LOSS! YAY! Lets all pay Michelle Duggar to come and speak to our groups and buy her books!

They're reaching for a new "brand." This seems to be how she's trying to sell it. They see that the "and counting" days are about over and the books will need to change as the kids grow. Now she can be a speaker about LOSS! YAY! Lets all pay Michelle Duggar to come and speak to our groups and buy her books!

GMTA, I predicted Michelle would morph from supermom 'miscarriage therapist' or some such BS about a year ago on TWOP. She's too old be be of much public use to the movement otherwise.

So I allow myself to cry and let it out, and it's been the same for my children. We were all getting ready for Jubilee;

I can see Jill, Jana, and JB crying...the rest, no. Or perhaps pulling a hair out their nose for a few tears. I know none of the boys cried. Any of the younger kids probably cried out of empathy to their freaked out parents, not some great grief fro partly unwanted sib.

I wonder if the website gives her topics to write on? They may be encouraging more mainstream topics as opposed to the kind of "talks" she gives.

I can totally see this being Michelle's new platform & I bet a new book this year. I see a fall book tour. I just dislike that her first miscarriage was all about the evil pill & this one is about mourning. She better be careful with her book & talks to include Caleb.

Did they really buy new baby stuff already? A baby walker? I find that hard to believe that when a women with 19 kids is 3 months along she needs to buy a new baby walker and jumperoo(something that a child is usually 6 months old to use). Didn't Michele wait till she was about 35 weeks to buy a new Layette and bedding for for Jordyn? and that was a big deal to buy anything new.

I can totally see this being Michelle's new platform & I bet a new book this year. I see a fall book tour. I just dislike that her first miscarriage was all about the evil pill & this one is about mourning. She better be careful with her book & talks to include Caleb.

Did they really buy new baby stuff already? A baby walker? I find that hard to believe that when a women with 19 kids is 3 months along she needs to buy a new baby walker and jumperoo(something that a child is usually 6 months old to use). Didn't Michele wait till she was about 35 weeks to buy a new Layette and bedding for for Jordyn? and that was a big deal to buy anything new.

I was wondering why they really needed to buy anything new. Don't they have walkers and all that already, in storage somewhere? Josie is still a toddler, she wasn't using that stuff too long ago...

I was wondering why they really needed to buy anything new. Don't they have walkers and all that already, in storage somewhere? Josie is still a toddler, she wasn't using that stuff too long ago...

That's what I'd think. Many parents planning to have another keep these things. I'll bet she bought nothing and is just trying to play up the "we were preparing!" angle, though when you've had two baseball teams with an extra player there isn't really any preparing that needs to go on. Just pass the new one off like the rest.

But this was baby TWENTY!!!! She was to be SPECIAL cause she was supposed to be born healthy and be rubbed into our faces and even the score! Oh and by the way there was one person on the 19 kids facebook said that said "i thought she was dead! Glad shes okay!"

Great, even more exploitation. Like people said upthread, now she gets to make money off her grief. It's all so fake. :roll:

Then they ever so tactlessly show Michelle's previous visit for a sonogram, where it was tough to find a heartbeat. That was downright sad and weird. Why couldn't they have just dedicated that episode to Jubilee's memory? Is there anyone who has not mourned a miscarriage? Did they need to be told it's OK to grieve by Michelle Duggar? Wouldn't you think some creative editing would have been in order?

Even in the Today Show interview with Ann Curry, Michelle said something like, "we have ten boys and ten girls, just 9 girls with us." Yet again, she forgets to add Caleb to the count. I bet she's kicking herself that she can't edit a live interview the way she did her political statement letter to Jubilee.

I also thought it interesting that she loves the song by the group Selah since they are a contemporary Christian group with evil satanic drum beats. Too bad her kids can't listen to some decent current Christian music from Chris Tomlin.

Guest Anonymous

Say what? What she has been doing since her miscarriage is anything but grieving. I know people grieve and deal with sadness in their own way, but I have never heard of one putting on a 3 ring circus and campaigning all across the country for Santorum as a way of dealing with grief.

I read through at least 20+ messages in response to Michelle's blog, and most of them were supportive and from women who had also experienced miscarriages. Some only one, others four or more. What it highlights is that miscarriage is not uncommon. I thought of Michelle and her "the pill made me miscarry" nonsense as I read these stories. No pregnancy is guaranteed; and they all carry at least some risk to both mother and fetus/baby.

One commenter even wished Michelle the best on her next pregnancy, and hoped it would be twins!

Say what? What she has been doing since her miscarriage is anything but grieving. I know people grieve and deal with sadness in their own way, but I have never heard of one putting on a 3 ring circus and campaigning all across the country for Santorum as a way of dealing with grief.

Word.

Also, a few days ago, an acquaintance of mine killed herself. I think I've done more grieving for her than Michelle has done for her own kid.

Did they need to be told it's OK to grieve by Michelle Duggar? Wouldn't you think some creative editing would have been in order?

I think a lot of idiots think she's the first to think of these things.

Did they need to be told it's OK to grieve by Michelle Duggar? Wouldn't you think some creative editing would have been in order?

I think a lot of idiots think she's the first to think of these things.

Word.

Also, a few days ago, an acquaintance of mine killed herself. I think I've done more grieving for her than Michelle has done for her own kid.

I have been there, and that sucks!!!! I am so sorry.Dealing with suicide is so awful, it is so unnatural. I hope you find some peace.

Thanks everyone for your well wishes. I think the hardest part is trying to not to feel guilty about it: I had made myself available to her if she needed someone to talk to, and I keep feeling that maybe there was something more I could have done.

But, one good thing about being an ebil librul law student out from my father's headship is that my school has great counseling resources, which I've been making frequent use of the past few days.

I love how the article ends...

"Sometimes one of the kids will come to me and they just need to let go of some of those emotions and they'll say, "Momma, I just need to talk to you" and I'll say, "I understand -- I understand what you're feeling and thinking."

and thats it. I totally feel like the line would be... "So then I call one of the older girls to deal with it."

:shock:

Exotic I thought the last line was gonna be "Then I pranced off on my merry way." what if the kid that said that didnt give two shits about Jubilee and had a real problem?

Word.

QueenNocturne, I am sorry about your friend.

what if the kid that said that didn't give two shits about Jubilee and had a real problem?

Exactly. I bet ever 'problem' they bring to Michelle is converted by here into a Jubilee problem.

"Mom, I want to go to college!"

"Oh, that's just out of grief for Jubilee. When you get over it you'll realize education is demonic!"

Archived