IGNORED

Santorum And Pope Differ On Opinions About Health Care

debrand

http://www.uscatholic.org/culture/socia ... escription

In fact Pope Benedict joined WHO’s call for universal health coverage just before its report hit the press. He called health care a moral responsibility of government and an “inalienable right,†regardless of social and economic status or ability to pay. He cautioned that the privatization of health care should “not become a threat to the accessibility, availability, and quality of health care.â€

I found this interesting. Santorum is willing to defend the American Biships stance on not providing birth control but he won't support the Pope's call for universal health care.

In my experience with very politically conservative Catholics, they just twist the Pope's words around to claim he is actually against [fill in the blank social issue]. Santorum may just be using twisted words from old papal statements and not see the hypocrisy at all.

Also, conservative Catholics tend to be as "cafeteria"-y as the rest of us, they just believe their pick-and-choose Catholicism is superior. As you see with Frothy, even superior to the Pope himself!

Also, conservative Catholics tend to be as "cafeteria"-y as the rest of us, they just believe their pick-and-choose Catholicism is superior. As you see with Frothy, even superior to the Pope himself!

I wish that more people were aware that Santorum is picking and choosing what to defend instead of accepting his claims of religious persecution

In my experience with very politically conservative Catholics, they just twist the Pope's words around to claim he is actually against [fill in the blank social issue]. Santorum may just be using twisted words from old papal statements and not see the hypocrisy at all.

Don't you see... The pope isn't saying we should have universal heath care, just that private health care shouldn't take away accessibility, availability or quality. Those poor people have access to available health care if they could just stop buying stupid shit like places to live or food... [/sarcasm]

Don't you see... The pope isn't saying we should have universal heath care, just that private health care shouldn't take away accessibility, availability or quality. Those poor people have access to available health care if they could just stop buying stupid shit like places to live or food... [/sarcasm]

Americans already have free health care because we can go to the ER.(sadly, I've heard that before)

I really think that Santorum is more of an Evangelical than a Roman Catholic in theory and practice. Explains why the Duggars are so eager and willing to back him.

I really think that Santorum is more of an Evangelical than a Roman Catholic in theory and practice. Explains why the Duggars are so eager and willing to back him.

Yeah I find him weird... I was going to post in one of the other threads that I find it difficult to believe he is Catholic - social justice, helping the poor, these are all things to be praised in the Catholic circles I have been in.

Archived