IGNORED

Modesty Survey from the Rebelution Has Updated

mystweaver

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Praises be! Hosanna in the highest! Long have I awaited this day.

"Certainly. If a girl walks in a "sex" type way than it is usually a stumbling block."

OH GOD MY BLOOD PRESSURE

Once again this goes all back to women. You know with everything they say about woman being the weaker sex all these potential "stumbling blocks" just make it seem men can be the weaker sex too

Today I am wearing leggings in honor of a fundy poster on another message board I'm on, where we are currently having a discussion about appropriate skirt/shorts lengths (teen poster who disagreed with mom) and she said leggings and tight jeans are banned at her house. I'm glad the new survey results concur that these are a stumbling block so that I can feel more justified in my defrauding. I ran into this survey before I found FJ and had wondered if you all had ever seen it.

A little more heartening is the open ended question about men's responsibility. Virtually all of the responses I've read so far have been saying that no matter what a woman wears, the responsibility is on men to treat with them with respect. A couple even bring up that men's modesty is never brought up.

Friggin' awesome! I never get tired of the Modesty Survey, and now there's new material in it? It's like the anti-fundy powers-that-be granted my wish.

Friggin' awesome! I never get tired of the Modesty Survey, and now there's new material in it? It's like the anti-fundy powers-that-be granted my wish.

FAUQUIER FREE CLINIC

Rob Marino, Executive Director

PO Box 3138

Warrenton, VA 20188

Warrenton Clinic Location:

210 West Shirley Avenue

Warrenton VA 20186

Phone: (540) 347-0394

Fax: (540) 349-3262

Email: rob@fauquierfreeclinic.org

Serving: Fauquier County, Rappahannock County

The Fauquier Free Clinic serves low-income, uninsured residents of both Fauquier and Rappahannock Counties. Our patients come from households living at or below 150% of the federal poverty level. Over 65% of our patients are employed. Most are working in the service sector or in agriculture. We treat only those patients with no health insurance and no access to Medicaid, Medicare or other health care support.

*Accredited through the Virginia Association of Free Clinics since 2010.

FREDERICKSBURG COUNSELING SERVICES

Marci Bartley, MA, Executive Director

305 Hanson Avenue, Suite 140

Fredericksburg, VA 22401

Phone: (540) 373-2320

Fax: (540) 373-2320 (call first)

Email: fcsagency@aol.com

Serving: Stafford County, Spotsylvania County, Orange County, King George County, Caroline County, Westmoreland County, Fredericksburg city

Fredericksburg Counseling Services, Inc.(FCS),a mental health free clinic, provides access to counseling and other related services, at no charge, to low income, uninsured residents of our region. Services include individual, couples, family counseling, case management for FCS clients andeducational presentations.The agency's goal is to help people work toward freedom from mental and emotional problems, family and marital conflicts, and other situations that affect quality of life.

I was just coming back to post this:

Re: Ruth is Requesting Help

by emmiedahl » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:48 pm

Anno Domini, feel free to shut down your computer and get back on that job/counseling/life outside Munchausen's-by-internet thing.

I like it--it's concise and to the point.

"Certainly. If a girl walks in a "sex" type way than it is usually a stumbling block."

OH GOD MY BLOOD PRESSURE

How do you walk in a "sex type way"? I'm imagining some girl somehow walking with her legs far apart--kinda like John Wayne. Maybe the poor girl is just bowlegged. Did they ever think of that?

OH GOD MY BLOOD PRESSURE

Soooooooo, I have a broken tailbone and I have been walking very slow with my hips swaying way more than usual so I can you know, actually walk. Does this mean I'm really trying to walk in a sex type way? :doh: Yes, nothing says lovin' like a broken tailbone. ;)

Soooooooo, I have a broken tailbone and I have been walking very slow with my hips swaying way more than usual so I can you know, actually walk.

...How you doin'? :happy-partydance:

Another person on the walking one brought up walking 'like a model.' So I guess as long as you aren't, like, stomping the catwalk down the sidewalk...?

These idiots would do well to learn from the monks who spend a lot of time in prayer learning to control their desires rather than to place the blame at the feet of others.

Do you know what's scary? It seems like they're saying a woman who is raped deserves it because she put up a stumbling block since obviously men can't control themselves.

...How you doin'? :happy-partydance:

Another person on the walking one brought up walking 'like a model.' So I guess as long as you aren't, like, stomping the catwalk down the sidewalk...?

Thats crazy talk, I only runway model walk when I am stomping down the isles of Walmart . :dance:

A few interesting facts:

Panty lines are a stumbling block. The answer, of course, is for Christian girls to wear no underwear or a thong at most.

More than 20% of Godly young men agree or strongly agree that their relatives defraud them. The comments on this section are worrisome.

High heels make you walk like a prostitute.

Quotes:

"Please don’t take modesty lightly. As your brother in Christ I value the relationship that I will have with my wife someday. When I am tempted because of you I lose a part of myself that I am trying to save for her."

"Yes, you can turn me on, but don't expect me to respect you."

This was surprisingly nice to read, regarding the question, "As a guy, what is your responsibility in this area? What is your role in guarding your eyes and mind (as opposed to the women's role of dressing modestly)?

"Age 23

The ultimate responsibility is absolutely my own. No matter how a woman is dressed, it is my responsibility to treat both her and myself with respect and to honor Christ with all my actions. If I ever feel that I might not be able to control myself or my thoughts, it's my responsibility to leave the situation. Guys who blame women for their own bad behavior are a major problem. Furthermore, it's my responsibility to dress and act modestly as well; women have their own God-given sexuality as well, and if I ask them to help me control my libido, I am honor-bound to do the same to help my sisters in Christ."

Responding to the question of how important modesty is in a future wife, I can't decide which of these is the worst:

No girl even gets considered unless she is actively striving for modesty.
(There's something about this one that sounds like he thinks he's a catch.)

I believe modesty is one way for a woman to show that she is committing herself to her husband. She is saying that he is the only one who is going to have the opportunity to enjoy her physical beauty. That would mean a lot to me.
(WTF? Burquas, here we come.)

Not just important, ESSENTIAL. I will NOT marry a girl who is immodest in either dress or speach.
(SODRT, anyone?)

I will not marry an immodest woman, no matter her other qualities.

GET THE FUCKING MESSAGE ALREADY! Nobody is going to forget what you did. Nobody wants you to continue posting here.

EVERY time you post here, one of us will respond with this. That's it. No more debate, no more hand holding, no more dialogue. All you're getting is a canned response.

:teasing-blah::teasing-blah::teasing-blah:

FAUQUIER FREE CLINIC

Rob Marino, Executive Director

PO Box 3138

Warrenton, VA 20188

Warrenton Clinic Location:

210 West Shirley Avenue

Warrenton VA 20186

Phone: (540) 347-0394

Fax: (540) 349-3262

Email: rob@fauquierfreeclinic.org

Serving: Fauquier County, Rappahannock County

The Fauquier Free Clinic serves low-income, uninsured residents of both Fauquier and Rappahannock Counties. Our patients come from households living at or below 150% of the federal poverty level. Over 65% of our patients are employed. Most are working in the service sector or in agriculture. We treat only those patients with no health insurance and no access to Medicaid, Medicare or other health care support.

*Accredited through the Virginia Association of Free Clinics since 2010.

FREDERICKSBURG COUNSELING SERVICES

Marci Bartley, MA, Executive Director

305 Hanson Avenue, Suite 140

Fredericksburg, VA 22401

Phone: (540) 373-2320

Fax: (540) 373-2320 (call first)

Email: fcsagency@aol.com

Serving: Stafford County, Spotsylvania County, Orange County, King George County, Caroline County, Westmoreland County, Fredericksburg city

Fredericksburg Counseling Services, Inc.(FCS),a mental health free clinic, provides access to counseling and other related services, at no charge, to low income, uninsured residents of our region. Services include individual, couples, family counseling, case management for FCS clients andeducational presentations.The agency's goal is to help people work toward freedom from mental and emotional problems, family and marital conflicts, and other situations that affect quality of life.

Responding to the question of how important modesty is in a future wife, I can't decide which of these is the worst:

(There's something about this one that sounds like he thinks he's a catch.)

(WTF? Burquas, here we come.)

(SODRT, anyone?)

Nobody is ever going to forget the crap you pulled. Ever.

I tried to read that. I really did. But two questions in, my head exploded. I'm still picking up chunks of skull and trying to glue them back in place.

I feel like all these responses on the survey's were written by men. Once again telling woman how to dress and act like we're not really people. :doh:

@ Future Teacher - the responses are written by men 16/17 to 45, the questions are supposed to be from young women.

Ah okay thank you! :D

Archived