IGNORED

The High-Heeled Housewife

skankbiscuit

anyone read Brittany's blog? She fashions herself a mini-me of Courtney from Women Living Well, and Time Warp Wife has given her props on FB.

Basically, she is committed to being the perfect stepford wife to her lawyer husband, and the greatest advice her mom ever gave her was to never look frumpy and always wear high heels.

Brittany always, always wears high heels, even around the house because she wants to look hot for her husband at all times. (and she does, she's gorgeous). She talks about submission, putting her husband' needs above her own, etc.

www.highheeledhousewife.com

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
YES! If you watch her videos, she is trying SO hard to be Courtney it's almost sad...

I don't know who Courtney is but I'm going to look her up.

ETA: Found her! My ears are bleeding.

Oh sorry, Courtney is from Women Living Well. Her blog became "famous" after she and her hubby appeared on the Rachael Ray show about "50's housewives" She famously said on TV "I make love to my husband anytime he wants"

She is strangely likable after a while...

the greatest advice her mom ever gave her was to never look frumpy and always wear high heels.

That's a damn shame.

I would feel I had failed as a mother if the best advice my daughter ever got from me was such superficial bullshit.

Off topic, but is it a rule that fundies make food that is totally unappetizing and borderline unrecognizable?

I think I'll let Brittney's blog pass on by. Looking at pictures of CVS tampons (that she saved a bundle on!!!11!!) does not = a party for me. :lol:

Probably a very pleasant person, but tries way.too.hard. Her husband likely doesn't deserve that level of effort--not a judgment on him, since I don't know anything about him, but does he try just as hard to be the "perfect" husband? Doubt it.

My mom failed to convince me I shouldn't wear a ponytail every day before I got a man, much less after I trapped him into our joint bank account, bwahaha.

I think her husband (who isn't all that, to be honest) spends most of his time drooling over his gorgeous wife. He always looks dazzled and smitten with her in all the pictures.

I really really can't stand these women that don't have children and don't have jobs jabbering about how a woman can be a better wife by getting up before her husband etc etc etc. What the heck do they do all day? Of course your house is clean. Duh.

Well, she puts together videos on how to do makeup, how to clean your house, etc... and she coordinates perfect outfits to wear. She makes lists, starches hubby's shirts, ponders their relationship and makes lists for him to look over and prioritize so she can better meet his needs (did you know that Chad's #1 priority is for the countertops to be clean? Who knew?)

I really really can't stand these women that don't have children and don't have jobs jabbering about how a woman can be a better wife by getting up before her husband etc etc etc. What the heck do they do all day? Of course your house is clean. Duh.

I wonder the same. They live in an apartment. How much is there to do all day, every day? She's not one of those crafty types who sews and makes soap (I don't think); eventually, she has to run out of work. What then?

i think the female lawyers just laugh their asses off...

she actually had a job, but she specifically quit to become a "stay at home wife"

Also he works/studies constantly and has to go out of town, so I think she is alone a lot. Her mom seems like a judgy shrew

Who the hell quits their job while their husband is accruing huge amounts of debt in law school? I didn't realize he was simply a first year law student. That's just... inane. Law school is so fricking expensive... she could work and help defray those expenses and it would be a hell of a lot more valuable to the marriage and the couple as a unit.

Regardless, I read some female law students who responded to her February post about being a law student wife. There were some gems in those comments.

If I knew I was going to wear high heels every day until who knows when, I would shoot myself. I'm a flats and flip flops kind of person and my husband still loves me...go figure!

The sad thing is, her husband will probably get sick and tired of the Stepford wannabe thing. He will probably end up cheating on her with a smart, sassy female law student who actually can possess 2 thoughts in her head at once. I would think when he got home he would want to talk to his wife about things other than her lists of what her priorities should be.

I believe Chad is finishing his 2nd year in law school, he was into his 1st semester when they married 2 years ago.

i want to know how on earth she affords those clothes...she did a post on what she wore one day and there was some Ann Taylor, designer shoes, etc. She buys really expensive makeup too.

Gotta tell you, nothing is funnier/more offensive then these shit stupid people telling me how to make tortillas and "queso." Hint: queso means cheese, so when your "queso" recipe is to mix two types of cheese and junk store shit together and call it "queso," I want to shred you with my talons. Maybe "queso dip" or "queso spread" or something, but nope, she is making straight up queso in her deluded culturally insensitive mind.

Well it WAS a recipe from the Time Warp Wife so I'm not surprised there! Although, I think the "queso" was Brittany's idea. She would have been better off buying that Tostitos shit from a jar, it would have tasted better

the greatest advice her mom ever gave her was to never look frumpy and always wear high heels.

The best advice my mama ever gave me was to get an education and have a secret fund no one knows about.

Bless her heart. She's lovely and perky and seems very sweet, though perhaps over anxious about it taking two years to get pregnant. I wish her well and hope she never breaks an ankle because I used to like high heels from time to time. Now it's Clarks and Dansko and forget about cute little ankle boots. (Yeah, I'm making this all about me. ;) )

I did do a double take on her entry entitled "God is SO faithful." I would hope he would be faithful, seeing as how he's God and all. But even though she'd get on my nerves in seconds, and even though she seems to be an imitation of other bloggers, at least she's doing something while she's waiting out her "infertility." It's questionable if her entries about couponing and cheap eats are that innovative, but they are a vast improvement over Lyndsie's inactivity and proclamations of frugality as she clearly spent profligately.

She's worrying, though. I just have such fears for these young women who think they have it all figured out because of God. Life is seldom perky, neat and as explicable as couponing.

And quit insulting her queso, y'all. I didn't look at the recipe but if you guys knew how many boxes of Velveeta and cans of Rotel I have called queso in my life, you'd probably puke.

Well it WAS a recipe from the Time Warp Wife so I'm not surprised there! Although, I think the "queso" was Brittany's idea. She would have been better off buying that Tostitos shit from a jar, it would have tasted better

I hate looking at cheese sauce with chunks in it. That stuff looked like vomit. That poor, unsuspecting food didn't deserve that. Of course, the freaky artificial cheese color didn't help either....

She has endometriosis, she had surgery so she does have legit fertility issues. Her husband was nice enough to come to her and tell her he the most wonderful dream ever...that they had a little boy and he had never been so happy. :( She is freaking out because she may never be able to give him what he wants most (her words not mine) I think she is trying to overcompensate and be perfect and beautiful and constantly cheerful to make up not being able to give him a baby.

She's only 23, she is going to crash and burn. I read her blog and it's, well, tiring to read. She has a lot of fear. I think he will get tired of her eventually, either because she is so vacant mentally or because she can't have babies.

Archived