IGNORED

Upcoming 19K&C Episodes

GeoBQn

an hour long episode about a baby haircut? you cannot make this shit up.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm really curious to see the episode that features the Vanderhoff family. Some of their kids have special needs and I wonder if Boob and Mullet will comment on the Vanderhoffs dealing with disabilities.

Mullet apparently ditched everyone to go talk about what a wonderful mom she is.

I read "moms' meeting" as "moms' wedding" and got all excited, thinking she'd be going to the wedding of a lesbian couple who'd adopted. Then I came to my senses.

(I worked 13 hours straight today, give me a break!)

Feb. 21

Michelle hits the road to visit her best friend of 39 years and speaks at a Moms' Meeting.

Uh....a best friend who we've never heard of before?

I'm calling the B.S. train......

The tricky thing is, if you have no/crappy credit and live in a smallish town - and Fayetteville's not all that big - there may not BE a CarMax. You may have a bunch of smallish used car dealers, all of whom are going to jack prices, and then a new car dealership or two.

We're actually going to have to wait till the end of the season to hear about the miscarriage? No way. Everything about this show is so ass-backwards.

I wonder what is going on at TWoP...

I got the thread re-opened and will be testing the new mod's limits. My latest iteration (I've been banned 4 or 5 times prior) has been sitting on one piddly little warning for about a year now. I'm bored! And because I know better, I have other usernames waiting in the wings. I really miss posting as the snooty Emma Woodhouse, but my dearly departed cockney character gets some street cred (although my PBS stopped airing Eastenders two years ago and they were already five years behind since they only aired 4 shows a week at their height, but mostly just two, for many years, and were ALWAYS at least a year behind even back in the heyday about 10 years ago. I have never even seen the episode where Pauline dies, although I know she had to quit when she had her first go-round with the cancer that finally got her. Wendy Richard and fellow Are You Being Served cast member Mollie Sudgen died within 2 weeks of each other IRL. *sniffle*

And back on topic...

Uh....a best friend who we've never heard of before?

I'm calling the B.S. train......

How many years have these folks been on tv? And we've never heard michelle mention her friend, or call her friend or even get flowers after she had a baby?

Guest Anonymous
Ya know what would make great TV? 'The Duggars get audited by the IRS'. Each and every person over the age of 18 gets a personal visit from their very own IRS agent! If they 'own' an entity, that gets audited as well.

Wouldn't THAT make a great homeschool lesson for everyone?

And Michelle tries to distract the auditors by intoning 'PER-PEN-DICK-ULAR' while flashing them with her defrauding knees.

I was happy to see realitytvkids post a front page story on the Duggars exploting the pregnancy and kids. That site certainly did everythingthey could to try and get Kate off the air and I'm glad they are starting to take notice of the Duggars.

The tricky thing is, if you have no/crappy credit and live in a smallish town - and Fayetteville's not all that big - there may not BE a CarMax. You may have a bunch of smallish used car dealers, all of whom are going to jack prices, and then a new car dealership or two.

There's always Craigslist/ebay motors. Even random strangers may be better than doing business with Josh.

They have mentioned the friend before. She watched Josie that one episode michelle hot up at like 4 am to in on a flight or something. She's rarely mentioned because she doesnt have the same views but she is shown mostly whensthey want a see we have normal friends moment.

I guess they really are going to show us all the canned footage (with Michelle happily pregnant) before tragedy strikes. I. don't. get. it.

It is bizzare.....

1. Vanderhoffs--anyone of age to marry??

2. Amy can self-finance a cd of Christian songs and see it at homeschool events ala the Maxwells.

3. Said it before Michelle only births. If the trip was AFTER the miscarriage I'd understand. Another Mom's meeting? How original.

4. Isn't the show normally a 1/2 hour. So with all the commercials it's about 22 minutes. Mac's haircut and some side story (like howler monkeys doing nothing age appropriate)

Why do J&A adn Amy get their own episodes? I'd like to see what the older girls, JD, Joseph, etc do. Why not do an epsiode with a segement devoted to each of the girls? or have a series of episodes that highlightes each kid individually? I mean if they are going to bore the heck out of us, we might as well see a little bit about these kids... Oh wait, then we might be able to tell which kids are ready to run and people might help them!

Sadly, I'm sure the reason Amy and J&A get their own episodes is because they have a life outside the compound. The older girls don't, so the producers would probably think that episodes about them wouldn't be interesting enough.

Sadly, I'm sure the reason Amy and J&A get their own episodes is because they have a life outside the compound. The older girls don't, so the producers would probably think that episodes about them wouldn't be interesting enough.

Its also free publicity for them, kind of like a "screen test" since the Duggars are pretty much done. I think a poster in the other thread has it right, they're airing the laundry (with the handout). There may be some awesome editing coming!

with all the commercials it's about 22 minutes. Mac's haircut and some side story

side story: Baby #3.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this, but in the previews for next week, we hear Josh saying that sales are down, and they are barely keeping their heads above water. Yet, even though his business is in trouble, he can piss off for weeks at a time, and continue to spend money on restaurant meals and Coach purses?

Buy used and save the difference? Yeah...

I guess they really are going to show us all the canned footage (with Michelle happily pregnant) before tragedy strikes. I. don't. get. it.

Does Josh carry a Coach purse?

episodes that highlightes each kid individually

In spite of their talk about each kid being different, they probably would nix that. The FAMILY is emphasized and only JB/Michelle (who are "one" of course) get to be shown alone. It IS about time for Joseph to "find" his calling and open a pool service or buy a sewage pumping truck or something equally original. It is also time John David was courting--it's not like he's actually needed to pay bills at home (ala the Bates0 or to wrangle howler monkeys like the girls. And, Josiah out to be sent to ALERT basic trainign to become more manly or something.

I'm sure will see more of the new "womanly" Joy Anna, too......doing things with babies to show how much of young lady she now is. I just wish on her 18th birthday she'd enlist in the military--preferably the Marines. Go Joy!

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this, but in the previews for next week, we hear Josh saying that sales are down, and they are barely keeping their heads above water. Yet, even though his business is in trouble, he can piss off for weeks at a time, and continue to spend money on restaurant meals and Coach purses?

Buy used and save the difference? Yeah...

Wait, Anna has a Coach purse??

These episodes are really scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Marmalade, thanks for getting that 19K&C thread on TWOP opened back up. I'll hop over there now! :D

Josh saying that sales are down

Elsewhere it was said he stocks high mileage cars--after about 75,000 miles they cannot be financed by most financial institutions. So there's VISA, MASTERCARD, CASH or Buy Here /Pay Here deals. Lack of credit is likely taking a bite out of business.

I took the statement to mean his business is barely staying afloat--not that he and Anna are having financial problems. Obviously, their income comes from the show and not the car lot. I just hope they're investing most of it so when they DO have to live off the car lot they will be ok.

Last week when I was at the gymboree outlet buying from the $3.99 rack, I went to the coach outlet & checked & that purse was $149. So much for buy used. At first I was a little happy Anna was getting something new, but I think Smuggar bought it to show off whle they were stay at the Ritz with Frothy's group.

I took the statement to mean his business is barely staying afloat--not that he and Anna are having financial problems. Obviously, their income comes from the show and not the car lot. I just hope they're investing most of it so when they DO have to live off the car lot they will be ok.

Well we know that, but the image they project on the show is that the car lot is his business, that's how he earns his living, and there's no help from Daddy. ("Leave and cleave, baby!")

Given the spending, I doubt he's investing much. Eating out that often, even in fast food and chain restaurants, adds up fast. And honestly, he's probably not getting as much from TLC as JB is: less than 10K an episode wouldn't surprise me, and in some episodes he's not featured. Take away taxes, add in fact that there are less episodes being produced, and it's probably not much more than he needs to live on. He's driving a Hummer- so his gas bill must be pretty high. Maybe Grandma isn't charging them rent- that would be a savings, I guess.

I just don't get the appeal of Coach or other designer purses. What makes it worth 10 times as much as the one I'm using? Some of them are outright ugly, and yet people will still carry them around just because of the brand. One was given away at my work as a door prize during a silly white elephant game, and I'm glad I didn't end up with it. It had a giant, cartoonish orange and black print and looked like something a 5 year-old would pick.

The car lot is just a really bad business. He buys very high mileage vehicles (over 100K miles ) for a song, and then turns around and jacks up the price. Yes, I know, "buy low, sell high", but in this instance it doesn't work. No one is going to pay that kind of money for a clunker when they can go to CarMax, or a dealer and get a lower mileage, quality certified used car, for a just a little bit more money. Heck, most dealers even throw in a 3 month warranty.

I would rather buy a very-high-mileage from a private party than buy a high-mileage car from a dealer. Most dealers won't touch those cars with a 10-foot pole because the value tends to be really low, much less room for profit. So to sell one of those, they really have to make cuts or hide problems.

Archived