IGNORED

Ruth is Requesting Help

keeperrox

Oh, and I should say that I respect you both a ton for getting out. I hate it when ATI supporters say, "Oh, the women could leave, if they aren't happy." Please. It is incredibly courageous.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand why it matters?

I'm sure treemom is just being cautious. It's the internet. Anything can happen. Not saying it will, but that's just the reality of the internet.

Hi Ruth,

I just wanted to jump in and say that if your sister is sure of adoption, please, PLEASE have her make sure that the paternity rights are completely and totally terminated by the court.

With one of my siblings, a man came in during the adoption process and claimed he was the father, that he was not properly consulted, and that his rights were not terminated with due process (and therefore that the termination was void). It was very hard and scary for my family and for the birth mother, who did not want this man to have anything to do with this baby. The worst part? If he had tried to physically take my sibling it would have been hard in our state to stop him.

Luckily, a DNA test showed he was NOT the father, but still, it was a terribly frightening situation.

You're welcome. The irony is you and I have some things in common, too. :)

Ahh, I don't think it is irony....I always enjoy your posts. I just didn't want to get your comment all lost in the shuffle of my bitchiness without thanking you.

Archived