IGNORED

Question re. Maxwell's newest post

kpmom

The Maxwells have a new post up entitled "Snow" with some cute pictures of Bethany.

But I have a question about something Sarah wrote.

She said something about accepting God as our savior.

I've never heard a fundy put it like that, only heard accepting Jesus. I always understood God and Jesus were kind of separate but equal. That is, it's Jesus who gets you in to the Big Guy (kind of like a bouncer at a club with a velvet rope).

Hope this makes any sense at all.

Oh, also Steve or Sarah or somebody claims we might have updates from the Moms-to-be soon.

ETA: Just wondering if accepting God as our savior, as opposed to Jesus, is appropriate? Have never heard it put like that.

You're right, it's a HUGE Fundie faux pas. Fundies are very careful to say salvation is found in Jesus or Christ alone, rather than saying God because only saying God can mean too many things. People in general know to whom you are referring when you say, Jesus.

Why Sarah wrote it, is a good question. Maybe it's a sign she is resisting (liberal interpretation) or backsliding (fundie interpretation). Maybe it's a sign something in their doctrine is not orthodox. :shock: IMO I think it's just another example of her awkward writing style.

I think that God and Jesus are usually considered one and the same. In other words, they are NOT separate and they are equal in the sense of being of the same importance but Jesus took a subordinate "role" in the person of the Son. That is, they are not equal in role.

The wording of the post seems natural to me. I often hear the names "God" and "Jesus" being used interchangeably and the name "Lord" is used for both God, Father and God, Son. I don't logically understand how a person could be both himself and his own son; there is nothing earthly that corresponds with such a thing but that seems to be the gist of it.

I think that God and Jesus are usually considered one and the same. In other words, they are NOT separate and they are equal in the sense of being of the same importance but Jesus took a subordinate "role" in the person of the Son. That is, they are not equal in role.

The wording of the post seems natural to me. I often hear the names "God" and "Jesus" being used interchangeably and the name "Lord" is used for both God, Father and God, Son. I don't logically understand how a person could be both himself and his own son; there is nothing earthly that corresponds with such a thing but that seems to be the gist of it.

Multiple Personality disorder?

Archived