IGNORED

Let's suppose Santorum becomes prez...

snickerz

I'd give up any thoughts of ever having a biological child if Frothy gets elected.

I'd rather be sterile than be forced to have one.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last night here in Ohio, Santorum railed against insurance companies paying for prenatal testing, as the obvious reason for prenatal tests is so that women can abort their fetuses.

Wow.

Elections have consequences. If enough people don't vote or vote for this guy, we're going to get exactly the government we deserve.

Last night here in Ohio, Santorum railed against insurance companies paying for prenatal testing, as the obvious reason for prenatal tests is so that women can abort their fetuses.

Wow.

Elections have consequences. If enough people don't vote or vote for this guy, we're going to get exactly the government we deserve.

Okay that's it. He's trying to tank himself. He doesn't want the nomination any more. I mean, he couldn't be serious, could he? I've never even heard the fundiest of fundies make that argument.

Here's an article with the prenatal screening mention: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162- ... screening/

Santorum recalled his prominent role in the 1990s debates over the controversial procedure that critics call partial-birth abortion. He lambasted the president's health care law requiring insurance policies to include free prenatal testing, "because free prenatal testing ends up in more abortions and therefore less care that has to be done because we cull the ranks of the disabled in our society."

"That, too, is part of Obamacare, another hidden message as to what President Obama thinks of those who are less able than the elites who want to govern our country," Santorum said.

But the way his supporters are the type to think no health care should be free anyway*, pregnancy or no, I don't even think this will hurt him much at all.

*ETA: Plus are too short-sighted and/or stubborn to recognize that prenatal screening still probably saves lives more often than it results in abortions.

Here's an article with the prenatal screening mention: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162- ... screening/

But the way his supporters are the type to think no health care should be free anyway*, pregnancy or no, I don't even think this will hurt him much at all.

*ETA: Plus are too short-sighted and/or stubborn to recognize that prenatal screening still probably saves lives more often than it results in abortions.

With the Santorum's fetus that had prenatal surgery, how on earth did they determine that the fetus needed prenatal surgery if they didn't do prenatal testing, as Santorum clearly views it as immoral? Of since their fetus' prenatal surgery didn't end well, and they had to abort that fetus, is that why the rest of world shouldn't have prenatal testing?

With the Santorum's fetus that had prenatal surgery, how on earth did they determine that the fetus needed prenatal surgery if they didn't do prenatal testing, as Santorum clearly views it as immoral? Of since their fetus' prenatal surgery didn't end well, and they had to abort that fetus, is that why the rest of world shouldn't have prenatal testing?

They worked hard for the money they used for that prenatal testing! If other people want to be able to do that they ought to pay for it themselves. You can't have the government funding their avenue for deciding to abort, oh noes. /sarcasm

Ugh, it hurts to say crap like that. I don't know how that side does it.

In his book (yes, I am reading it for the WTF factor), Santorum conflates fetuses with anencephaly, organs outside the body, etc with "disability".

They make it very, very hard if you're immigrating without a job unless you're claiming refugee status. If you get offered a job in Canada it's different because you'll have a secure income there. It's still fairly difficult but not as difficult as moving for a job. If you're seriously considering the option best to start looking and applying for jobs in Canada and going from there.

Yeah, that's what I'm gathering from the sites I've read. And I don't think we'd qualify as refugees. Shit, I really want to move, but husband is only barely tolerant of the idea, he's not going to go out of his way to find a job up there at this point.

If Rick says no prenatal testing, and also says that people need to pay more if they have a pre-exisiting condition, how would an average underinsured couple pay for the huge medical costs of a child with a serious illness or long term health condition? Rick has his great policy so he can bring Bella to any hospital for no cost. He also has enough money that his wife can be a SAHM and take care of Bella. I guess we can assume they have some sort of nurse/nanny/hired help since we have seen Rick & his wife campaigning without Bella.

Not everyone is so lucky. My neighbors have one child a 51 year old daugher with downs & other medical issues. They are 75 years old and it has been a very hard life. They have never had a vacation or even a date night, the husband and wife have rotated working various 2nd jobs at night just to get health basic coverage.

Archived