IGNORED

Let's suppose Santorum becomes prez...

snickerz

He wouldn't...couldn't...name one of the Duggars to political office, would he? Secretary of State Jim-Bob? Eek! Smuggar as Defense Secretary? OMG Surely he knows they're doofuses, right?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I recommend any American FJers move to Europe if that happens. You can also come up here to Canada, but we do have Harper...

ETA Riffle

I doubt Santorum will name a Duggar. But, just to be safe, I'm not voting for him. (I know, hard decision, right?)

This does make me think... I bet you anything Josh wants to be President/thinks he might actually have a chance of being President someday. You can just see it in his smug little eyes. When you see the pictures of him in the suit with Santorum and all his favorite bigwigs...or getting up to do a little public speaking...you just know he thinks the Oval Office is out there in his future.

The Duggars are too dumb to realize their support will get them used, then thrown away by the campaign. They're politically radioactive to the mainstream, since every crazy ATI value would suddenly be brought to light during confirmation.

I am moving out of the country!!!!! Should I vote for him just to make things exciting?

Michelle-Secretary of Education!!!!!!! :D ROFL

De-lurking complete.

New national curriculum:

PER-PEN-DIK-U-LAR

All of Santorum's nominees for Secretary of State, Interior, etc. have to be confirmed by the Senate. I cannot see any Duggar making it past all the smarter people in the room. That being said, I would kill to see Jim Bob grilled by the Senate. Can you imagine Jim Bob explaining why he has the experience to be Secretary of State? He has been to all of four or five countries. Plus, he is a man, so he is obviously smarter and would be much better than a woman like Hillary Clinton. Realistically, even hardcore conservative Republican politicians in Washington would be embarassed by the country bumpkin who proudly raises undereducated children.

Santorum utilized the Duggars for the little bit of publicity it brought him. Realistically, he doesn't need them anymore. All the attention is on him now. I would bet that the Duggars will be phased out by his camp. Although, I can see them following him around the country anyway because I am sure they think they are the reason he is doing so much better.

I think the Duggars will see how little he thinks of them if he gets the nomination. No way he will ever be President.

He wouldn't...couldn't...name one of the Duggars to political office, would he? Secretary of State Jim-Bob? Eek! Smuggar as Defense Secretary? OMG Surely he knows they're doofuses, right?

This reminds me of a radio commercial where a housewife tried to argue for a delivery truck job and argued that dropping her kids off at all their various activities gave her experience. :lol:

I don't think Santorum has any use for them beyond publicity but if he was going to give them a kickback, I can see JB as maybe secretary of education? Seeing how they both want to dismantle public schools and all?

I could see them getting some random position involving media and fundies. Nothing official and nothing real. Santorum may be frothy but he is a politician.

Santorums money comes from Foster Friess, Friess in in bed with Douggies daddy.

But lets not worry there are more than a few moderates in the republican party, they dislike Santorum as much as we do.

Or maybe he could appoint Smuggar to the Supreme Court. After all, he did talk about getting a law degree. That's almost the same thing as an actual degree and experience, right?

I would think if elected, Santorum would reward his biggest donors. Sure Jim Bob gave him a lot of free campaign workers, but he couldn't have that much money to donate. I can easily picture Jim Bob expecting some high official appointment, but he'd end up disappointed. Can't buy influence used and save the difference.

If Santorum becomes president, the following may happen.

The states may get the right to regulate birth control.

Abortion may become illegal

He will push for a personhood law

There will be a huge backlash against gay rights including marriage and adoption

He will set women's rights back at least 50 years.

The environment will suffer.

He thinks global warming is a fraud. He thinks fracking is a good thing.

He thinks that medicare should be privatized.

He supports social security privatizion

He supports more tax cuts for the rich and for corporations.

He supports massive deregulation of health, worker and consumer protection

He will attack Iran

He will send troops back to Iraq

He will defund education. He doesn't believe in early education.

He calls Obama an elitist snob for wanting to put a college degree within reach of all

I am sure that I can up with more.

Archived