IGNORED

A Very Duggar Valentine's Day

GeoBQn

Michelle's latest blog entry, about how she and JimBob celebrate Valentine's Day.

http://parentables.howstuffworks.com/se ... pgn=fbtlc1

I'm not big on flowers because I don't have a green thumb and can't ever keep anything alive

Translation: Please stop asking us why we don't have a garden.

We make it a point to go out on a date on Valentine's, and the older kids encourage us to by offering to babysit.

To borrow from Passover, why is this night different from all other nights?

and can't ever keep anything alive

So naturally, your un-nurturing ass had 19 kids.

I like how she asks for a plant. So she can kill it slowly?

Because they 'offered' to babysit, usually it's just their job. Also Michelle, why say kids when we all know it's the girls.

I'm not big on flowers because I don't have a green thumb and can't ever keep anything alive.

Then why is she always saying that having too many kids is like saying there are too many flowers in the garden? Is this her coded way of saying she couldn't even raise one child/flower let alone a garden of kids?

They probably celebrate Valentine's only because it's technically somewhat Christian. But I'm thinking that if it weren't such a convenient way to neglect their children even that little bit more, they'd probably nix it for being Catholic.

They probably celebrate Valentine's only because it's technically somewhat Christian. But I'm thinking that if it weren't such a convenient way to neglect their children even that little bit more, they'd probably nix it for being Catholic.

Its a way for them to celebrate how much they love one another, and how awesomely perfect their relationship is. They'd observe it no matter what.

Just because Catholicism = wrong beliefs doesn't mean they don't ape it every chance they get. QF, women's roles, hierarchy, etc. are just recycled harder core catholic teachings.

I'm not big on flowers because I don't have a green thumb and can't ever keep anything alive

I read that and thought, "it's amazing she has 19 living children."

We make it a point to go out on a date on Valentine's, and the older kids encourage us to by offering to babysit.

Passover comment= genius

edit: Apparently I can call someone's comment genius, but I don't actually know how to spell the word. :oops:

Its a way for them to celebrate how much they love one another, and how awesomely perfect their relationship is. They'd observe it no matter what.

Just because Catholicism = wrong beliefs doesn't mean they don't ape it every chance they get. QF, women's roles, hierarchy, etc. are just recycled harder core catholic teachings.

Points for referencing the dumbass's Twitter feed.

Michelle's latest blog entry, about how she and JimBob celebrate Valentine's Day.

She does know that flowers aren't supposed to be "kept alive" right? You put them in a vase with water and wait for them to die because they have no root system and you are merely extending the "life" of the flower (read: keeping it from wilting as long as possible).

Just another excuse to pawn the blessings off on the j'slaves for an evening. And another cheesy kissing photo.

Michelle, please, just go away. We've heard the same stuff over and over again.

You guys aren't thinking this through. Taking care of a dozen roses would be so hard. First you have to put them in a vase and add water. Then, what happens if Jim Bob gives her the fancy roses that come with the little packet of stuff you put in the water? You would have to tear the packet open and pour it in. That is a lot of work. Plus, cleaning up when the roses die is just awful. Dumping them in the trash and then cleaning the vase is exhausting for a mother of 19 kids. It's not as though there is a paper disposable vase she could use like their top of the line plates.

Who am I kidding, Jim Bob isn't wasting money on flowers unless he can buy used and save the difference.

You guys aren't thinking this through. Taking care of a dozen roses would be so hard. First you have to put them in a vase and add water. Then, what happens if Jim Bob gives her the fancy roses that come with the little packet of stuff you put in the water? You would have to tear the packet open and pour it in. That is a lot of work. Plus, cleaning up when the roses die is just awful. Dumping them in the trash and then cleaning the vase is exhausting for a mother of 19 kids. It's not as though there is a paper disposable vase she could use like their top of the line plates.

Who am I kidding, Jim Bob isn't wasting money on flowers unless he can buy used and save the difference.

Maybe JB could take pointers from that one guy on Extreme Cheapskates...the one who gave his wife flowers from a dumpster for their 25th anniversary! :lol:

I had a resident, that took the flowers from a dead patient's room and gave them to his wife on Valentine's Day. All the nurses were pissed because we wanted them, very nice arrangement (roses, lilies and daisies).

Makes sense that she compares her children to flowers then, since she hasn't been the one nurturing them or keeping them alive for years. It is different since normally when her kids are forced to babysit Michelle and Jim Bob are home, they're just working on the next blessing, or napping, or excersizing, or maybe Michelle is "homeschooling" by which I mean turning on the computer for the kids, or putting on a video, then leaving them alone. At least on Valentine's Day they leave the house. That gives the sister-moms a break from Michelle and Jim Bob. Maybe the girls, not kids but girls, will allow the little kids to do something forbidden like dance.

Eh, they'll spend it trying to conceive the next blessing, like they do every year.

If they make it a point to go, then why do they need "encouragement"? Also those kids are outright expected to "babysit" every day from sun-up to sun-down. How about giving the older kids the night off for once? Mom and Dad take a try at the "parenting" thing?

Why do I get the feeling they "encourage" them by offering to babysit is just so they can get Michelle and Jim Bob out of the house?

Yeah, the oldest trick in the book, "bribe parents to go out, so us kids can have the house to ourselves", ploy. Maybe someone will dig up that forbidden copy of National Enquirer found in some doc's waiting room lobby?

Archived