IGNORED

Lady Lydia A Classic We Almost Missed

Want More Babies

Besides, you should expect things like that when you post anything on the internet.

That's what a normal person would do, but we're talking about fundies here. I think they're just pissed that anyone else is allowed on the internet, period.

That's what a normal person would do, but we're talking about fundies here. I think they're just pissed that anyone else is allowed on the internet, period.

Or on the planet.

Well, we all know Lydia likes old-fashioned things that virtually nobody uses any more.

So, she's hearkening back to that sentimental, lovely era in American history, the 1950s, when "anybody she didn't like" was "a Commie."

It just goes with the pink and the doilies. And not thinking. And being an asshole.

It's right in character.

Ladies, ladies--you are all missing THE MOST IMPORTANT part of her post:

(At night, they party)

Emphasis mine. HOW DID SHE KNOW??

Whee . . . . Par-tay, par-tay, par-tayyyyy . . . . :dance:

Yep - that's us, the FJ partiers! We KNOW how to work our tea and tussy-mussies.

Crazy heifer...

Wonder what she would think if she knew that probably more than half of us spend our evenings with our significant others and our children. It must be a real mind fuck to believe that everyone that believes differently from you is "evil". :roll:

Guest Anonymous

And why wasn't I invited to this party! :cry:

Isn't she the one who criticized women fleeing New Orleans from Hurricane Katrina for not dressing well? IIRC, she was incensed because they weren't wearing lady-like attire. Also, IIRC, she later removed the post, in the classic manner of fundie hypocrites.

Seriously?? Wow. I was probably one of the ones who pissed her off. Next hurricane I'll be sure to dress appropriately. :roll:

Guest Anonymous

Seriously?? Wow. I was probably one of the ones who pissed her off. Next hurricane I'll be sure to dress appropriately. :roll:

WTF??? I know this doesn't compare to Katrina...but during the first round of tornadoes at 3am on 4/27 my weather radio went off for a tornado warning for my community. I quickly unlocked my front door (my sis, her family & my neighbors come to my house for shelter because I'm the only one who has a basement), grabbed kitty, weather radio, & my cell phone and ran down to the basement in my nightgown. I probably defrauded a lot of people, but you know what modesty goes out the window when faced with life & death circumstances. So Lady Lydia can just go to Hell!

Huh? :shock: What the hell does communism have to do with her little rant?

Also, is that not exactly what Lydia is doing? Find some weak spot or sin (gossip) and expose it to the person's employer. Even if she is wrong about what the "troll" did, she will make the claim anyway. I really, really wish some of these fundie bloggers would actually take their haterz seriously once in awhile instead of just breaking out the banhammer.

Toooobiah was a commie, was a good friend of mine...I never understood a single word he said but I helped him drink his wine...

Wine at my fabulous part-ahs. Sheesh, in a dream.

Lady Lydia: the love child of Dolores Umbridge and Hyacinth Bucket (pronounced "boo-kay").

Dolores-Umbridge.jpg

Hyacinth+Bucket.JPG

this is exactly the image I have in my head of LL.

Also, thank you for the Hyacinth Bucket (BOO-KAY) love! It's been years since I watched that show... lol.

I'm attracted because I think we're right. We might be sometimes rubbish at acting right, but it doesn't change the central fact our analysis is correct.

The big thing with the people skills is we tend to love theory too much and are not so good at practice. With anarchists it goes the other way around, they love practice but aren't so good at theory.

The embarrassment (denunciation) isn't terrible. We speak to each other bluntly because we think all this stuff is important. It's not personal, it's political. So it is basically like someone saying to me "JFC, you have messed up politically and this is why." I think about the argument that person made and see if I did.

The 300 people one was wrong but it didn't upset my life or self esteem ;) and I did consider the points the comrade made. I came to the conclusion they had made the mistake, not me.

Does that make sense or sound daft?

I just got a chuckle reading your post about muttering "come the revolution", because I remember my mom telling me about how her mother would do that. She grew up thinking it was just a common expression. I had to tell her, "no, your mother said that because she was a Communist and you're in denial".

Anyway, about the people skills and public embarrassment - did you ever read "Wild Swans: Three Daughters of China"? If not, run to the library and read it now. [Pause while JFC reads the book.] THAT is why I have issues with denunciations. Right now, in Scotland, Communists are a fairly small group of True Believers, and you don't really have any power. In countries where Communists gain power, these denunciation meetings have real consequences in people's lives, the ugly side of human nature comes out and people use denunciation as a means of trying to destroy those that they don't like.

Do you see the parallels to the use of ex-communication/shunning in religious groups, or specifically to the use of group embarrassment by cults?

So. . . trolls = communists? Okay, then, LL.

Well shut my mouth and slap my face. All these years I thought communism was about economics!

this is exactly the image I have in my head of LL.

Also, thank you for the Hyacinth Bucket (BOO-KAY) love! It's been years since I watched that show... lol.

You're welcome! If you've grown up with a "Hyacinth" in your family, you recognize the type.

Also - there's a pretty good parody blog of Lydia: http://homeyliving.blogspot.com/

I wonder if this is the blog she mentions when she says she contacted her lawyer. Because, you know, she holds the copyright on pink flowers and such, and anybody who disagrees with her while sporting pink needs to be sued.

edited for riffle

I love this:

"Trolls also have no solutions. They are like the hamster that treads the same cage all day long, never getting anywhere. It is sometimes tempting for Christians to enter into a dialog with them, hoping to save them from their liberal folly, but they are trained like hamsters, to run around in circles, thinking they are getting somewhere but never really making any progress in their lives."

It's funny, this is exactly how I feel about talking to crazy Christians...

Archived