IGNORED

The David Waller Wedding (featuring Priscilla Keller)

Sweetfellowshiphuh

And why, for the Waller/Keller wedding, were the (extraneous) Duggar & Bates families so prominently featured?

Seriously. I can't imagine a situation where I would have my sister's in-laws (the entire family!) perform at my wedding. I've seen some weddings that were low-key and had random family members involved, but they picked a few people strategically who had, you know. actual skills.

Okay, I'm trying to give the Bates girls a tiny smidgen of credit in thinking that maybe the sound just comes across really poorly in the recording. However, they definitely seem to have the same "trust eeeend obey" problem that the Maxwells have. And of course they have to sing a song about honoring your parents. They even got the "train up a child" verse in there! What could be more appropriate for a wedding :roll:

I "watched" the wedding in its entirety the other day, basically by just listening during the boring parts while I checked out my favorite websites like FJ. My input and questions:

1.) What was with the Duggar/Bates show? I realize the Duggars and Kellers are inlaws, but what's with the performance? Why was the Bates family involved? Is it typical of fundie weddings to feature these types of things?

2.) I hate that hymn the Duggars always sing that co-opted 'Edelweiss'.

3.) David's conducting... oh my :oops: tons of second-hand embarrassment with that one.

4.) Back to the Duggars... why were they up on stage towards the end? Are they fundie royalty Elders or something?

5.) And on the David Loves Priscilla website itself, I don't get why Smuggar's website is featured beyond the probability that he was like "Well, since the Kellers don't have a blog, why don't you just put ours up? We're still Priscilla's family..."

Seriously. I can't imagine a situation where I would have my sister's in-laws (the entire family!) perform at my wedding. I've seen some weddings that were low-key and had random family members involved, but they picked a few people strategically who had, you know. actual skills.

Okay, I'm trying to give the Bates girls a tiny smidgen of credit in thinking that maybe the sound just comes across really poorly in the recording. However, they definitely seem to have the same "trust eeeend obey" problem that the Maxwells have. And of course they have to sing a song about honoring your parents. They even got the "train up a child" verse in there! What could be more appropriate for a wedding :roll:

TLC was filming some parts of the wedding so I think it had a lot to do with that.

Guest Anonymous

I got a really creepy sinister vibe from Gothard....not just his words but his presence. He is one of those people I wouldn't go near with a to foot pole! Just....creepy!

I got a really creepy sinister vibe from Gothard....not just his words but his presence. He is one of those people I wouldn't go near with a to foot pole! Just....creepy!

THAT. !!!111eleventy111!!!

I just spotted J-second smallest Duggar doing a bit if evil dancing up on that stage defrauding everyone with her jiggling flesh.

That would little miss Jordyn. I saw that too and Michelle giving her the stink eye the entire time. Right after the song Michelle rushes over to Jordyn to stop the wild swaying (the little miss could have fallen of the stage) and Jordyn did her famous don't touch me shoulder shrug.

Why do the Duggars treat every single thing as a talent show? Do they really have to perform for everything?

Why do the Duggars treat every single thing as a talent show? Do they really have to perform for everything?

Its to show everyone how "accomplished" the children are. They can say see our children dont need public school to be cultured and smart.

I have never seen anything like this...it's like some kind of staged production. And that singing...oh my ears! It wasn't the country accent, it was fact that they can't sing! My feline headship even had a WTF is that expression on his face and ran away! :lol:

It's a sad day when someone's singing is so awful the kitty runs away! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
. Was that Gothard performing the ceremony?

I just wanted to mention it was NOT Gothard performing the ceremony. The pastor and David were the ones waiting at the end of the aisle as Priscilla came down, then as Pa Keller was pulling her veil back you see the pastor go sit down on the right side of screen and Gothard comes from the left side to address them and all the guests with his "words of wisdom" :lol: This all happens around 29:11 or so of the video.

Then he goes back and sits down and the pastor takes back over.

I just wanted to mention it was NOT Gothard performing the ceremony. The pastor and David were the ones waiting at the end of the aisle as Priscilla came down, then as Pa Keller was pulling her veil back you see the pastor go sit down on the right side of screen and Gothard comes from the left side to address them and all the guests with his "words of wisdom" :lol: This all happens around 29:11 or so of the video.

Then he goes back and sits down and the pastor takes back over.

Are you kidding with this post? We (many FJers) watched video of the entire thing. Yes, I was well aware of the changes down at the front. Gothard still addressed spewed at the audience. One of the most disgusting things I have seen.

Oh, adding to the disgust (and I think it was the "pastor" who said this, not sure, it's been a few days since I watched it) - the whole "transfer of authority". No different than the 1800s when they put slaves on the auction block. Priscilla has been sold to the highest bidder, not for money necessarily, but for other... Gag. Puke.

You come to FJ and this is your first post. Color me skeptical. Gah.

Are you kidding with this post? We (many FJers) watched video of the entire thing. Yes, I was well aware of the changes down at the front. Gothard still addressed spewed at the audience. One of the most disgusting things I have seen.

Oh, adding to the disgust (and I think it was the "pastor" who said this, not sure, it's been a few days since I watched it) - the whole "transfer of authority". No different than the 1800s when they put slaves on the auction block. Priscilla has been sold to the highest bidder, not for money necessarily, but for other... Gag. Puke.

You come to FJ and this is your first post. Color me skeptical. Gah.

No, I wasn't kidding. I'm sure some knew exactly which one he was, but for the ones who were saying "That was Gothard?" they might NOT have known which one you were all referring to.

Good news! Looks like we'll be able to watch David Waller's brother Adam's wedding this Saturday!

joyfullservice.com

*insert Jersey Shore fist pump here* YES! :roll:

Will probably be more lowkey - just the groom being of Fundie royalty and all. (I'm assuming...) Will give Priscilla the afternoon off from peeing on preggo sticks and exchanging "sweet words of testimony" with her headship.

So if Gotherd is single is he claiming he's never had sex - ever?

I like how they have to make sure everyone knows that they are kind of connected to the Duggars. Anna married Josh so look we're in!

As soon as I saw Bill Gothard, I had to turn it off. Just seeing and hearing him blather on made me want to throw my coffee mug through the computer screen. I didn't realize I'd have such a base reaction. :oops:

The one good thing about this video: it's proof that the Duggars and Bates and Kellers ARE part of ATI. I've heard, as people in this circle talk incessantly about their connections, that Gothard was invited to Josh and Anna's wedding. I didn't see him on the televised video but that doesn't mean he wasn't there. In any case, there's no point in denying that they're part of the QF/ATI movement now. That's like having the Pope come to your wedding and then saying, "we may say the rosary every day, but we're not Catholic." Please.

So if Gotherd is single is he claiming he's never had sex - ever?

I like how they have to make sure everyone knows that they are kind of connected to the Duggars. Anna married Josh so look we're in!

Gothard never says he's a virgin. He's never been married but that doesn't mean he saved himself for marriage. I always thought it was odd that this unmarried man, who preaches a doctrine of purity, never used himself as an example of chaste behavior before marriage. Remember, he's not a young man and much of this strict purity-ball stuff came about in the late 80's. Even if he has had sex, he'd say that it was a weak moment and that he hadn't truly accepted the Lord's plan or something.

That book, A Matter of Basic Principles, alleges Gothard and his brother were quite the gropers back in the day. There are statements from women corroborating this and talking about how Gothard was the master of d-nile and deflection. It's been a while since I read it, so I can't remember if some women got paid to go away, but I don't think anything of the sexual harassment variety ever made it to court.

Gothard never says he's a virgin. He's never been married but that doesn't mean he saved himself for marriage. I always thought it was odd that this unmarried man, who preaches a doctrine of purity, never used himself as an example of chaste behavior before marriage. Remember, he's not a young man and much of this strict purity-ball stuff came about in the late 80's. Even if he has had sex, he'd say that it was a weak moment and that he hadn't truly accepted the Lord's plan or something.

Of course, he'd have to say whether it was sex with a female or a male.....

Thank you. I was wondering.

Archived