IGNORED

The David Waller Wedding (featuring Priscilla Keller)

Sweetfellowshiphuh

"David Waller's Wedding" (guess only the headship needs to be mentioned) is uploaded on the David Loves Priscilla website.

Its got it all folks: calls to the alter, wild hand gestures, Duggars abound, Smuggar making it all about him...

davidlovespriscilla.com

I missed it the first go-around and I must say, with the exception of the coloured Christmas lights, it was pretty standard as fundie weddings go...

That being said, when the minister asks "shall we pray?" I wanted to scream "HELL NO!" So it's probably best I wasn't invited...

I just spotted J-second smallest Duggar doing a bit if evil dancing up on that stage defrauding everyone with her jiggling flesh.

Oh God, could it be worse?

Didn't see the live stream, but this is dire. The theatricality of it is truly vomit-worthy. And as for the squeaky violins playing the Hallelujah chorus badly out of tune . . .

I missed it the first go-around and I must say, with the exception of the coloured Christmas lights, it was pretty standard as fundie weddings go...

"Fundy" weddings I have attended were much more straightforward, and lasted 20 minutes tops.

Of course, these were all run of the mill fundies, not fundy royalty...

Okay just a heads up, the actual wedding part starts around 26 minutes in. The first part is the Duggar/Bateses singing show. I'm part way through the actual 'wedding' part (though I don't know because no vows have occurred) and the pastor is babbling on about how they might reach a point where they stop loving each other?! Who the hell wants to hear that on their wedding day?! Easy there debbie.

Aside from that it's the weirdest thing I've ever seen, no bible verses read, no traditional hymns...just these random ass songs no one knows? Even the prayer wasn't any sort of standard prayer. It sounded like he made it up as he went along.

Okay, I only made it to the Bates Sisters harmonizing. I had to give it up. I am grateful I wasn't at this particular wedding. I'm a to the point kind of person. All the circuses drive me to distraction.

Okay, I only made it to the Bates Sisters harmonizing. I had to give it up.

They were harmonising?? I thought they were singing some modern atonal piece.

Was anybody else half expecting to see Chris Maxwell as the photographer? His ears must be "burning" not to have been invited to photograph such an "important" fundie wedding.... :ugeek:

I fastforwarded through most of it. They marry around the 45 minute mark at kiss at 1:07. The rest is just random praying and singing. The vows are also very long winded.

I have never attended a Fundie wedding (nor am I ever likely to do so) but I had expected lots of bile readings. It was very odd, a Christian wedding without hearing God's word? It was also odd the bride was missing for half of it and I wonder if they are actually married at all. The ceremony was so made up it just did not seem real.

The most cringeworthy part was the conducting- I was embarrassed for him. Second worse bit all those random people on the altar with them talking nonsense into the mike. If it had just been their parents fair enough but why dig up all the others?

Bridesmaid dresses not good- especially Anna's it was so unflattering. The dress was not awful but very plain apart from the big skirt. Are they not allowed any lace, sequins or detail at all?

I did like the flowers though , very nice.

As for the kiss, nothing too awful (unlike a TLC ink I clicked on from FJ with the virgin bride and groom eating each other faces which I am still having counseling about to recover form the horror of !) but just the thought of that being the first kiss ever troubles me.

I couldn't make it past the Bates girls harmonizing. The whole thing looked like a cheesy show to me, not a wedding.

And why, for the Waller/Keller wedding, were the (extraneous) Duggar & Bates families so prominently featured?

That was the most long-winded, boring wedding ceremony I've ever seen. And the conducting was just ridiculous, as was all the random singing. Was that Gothard performing the ceremony?

Guest Anonymous

I have never seen anything like this...it's like some kind of staged production. And that singing...oh my ears! It wasn't the country accent, it was fact that they can't sing! My feline headship even had a WTF is that expression on his face and ran away! :lol:

Yes, it was Gothard. (gag/puke)

That's Gothard?! That's the man that has started all these freaks?! He's so inarticulate. How did he manage to attract any followers?!

Thanks! He's quite a pompous ass isn't he? :)

Not only that (in my unsolicited opinion), he's stomach-turning disgusting in some way that I can't quite pinpoint, and that's in addition to all the specific issues I have with his patriarchal crap, his bad theology, his arrogance, etc, etc.

I also have yet to pinpoint what makes him, as a person who has never married, nor (at least that we can identify) ever been a parent, any kind of authority on either marriage or parenting.

I. Do. Not. Get. It.

Not only that (in my unsolicited opinion), he's stomach-turning disgusting in some way that I can't quite pinpoint, and that's in addition to all the specific issues I have with his patriarchal crap, his bad theology, his arrogance, etc, etc.

I also have yet to pinpoint what makes him, as a person who has never married, nor (at least that we can identify) ever been a parent, any kind of authority on either marriage or parenting.

I. Do. Not. Get. It.

I don't understand that either. I really don't understand why seemingly normal people fall for his crap. It makes absolutely no sense.

Archived