IGNORED

The Dixons believe pharmaceuticals are....demonic??

fluttershies

My mother used kerosene at one point. We had repeated lice outbreaks at my school, and they were so hardy that the OTC medication was not working. I think it was overall a bad decision, even though no one was harmed.

My mom told me once that her grandmother got rid of lice from her hair when she was a girl by using a lice comb and kerosene. The thought makes me shudder. Thankfully, unlike mumps and chicken pox, I was not visited by the lice fairy growing up.

I haven't been visited yet (as a teacher, I always say "yet" since I'm exposed often). I think that it's actually an area where the fact that I have mild psoraisis has actually helped.

I have a 1940's (wartime) cookbook that has, as it's diet advice, to make all your mayo and salad dressings with mineral oil. And eat a lot of green salads with this salad dressing.

The advice over here for dealing with head lice is often fine toothed comb + tea tree hair conditioner, as lice being resistant to medicated treatment is so common.

What's mineral oil?

Seriously, why not just eat the salad naked? It's what I've done since I was about 14 - for taste reasons; we only had salad cream in those days.

What's mineral oil?

Seriously, why not just eat the salad naked? It's what I've done since I was about 14 - for taste reasons; we only had salad cream in those days.

It is basically liquid vaseline. It can have a laxative effect.

Archived