IGNORED

Dan Beasley-The next Santorum?

tabitha2

Bethany, the former miss Wissman, says Dan has passed his Law studies and is now headed to California for the bar exam.This is what Josh Duggar just wishes he could do.I wonder if we'll see Michael Duggar shilling for him in 20 years?

Bethany, the former miss Wissman, says Dan has passed his Law studies and is now headed to California for the bar exam.This is what Josh Duggar just wishes he could do.I wonder if we'll see Michael Duggar shilling for him in 20 years?

Good luck on finding a job. Even highly-qualified people (as in, graduated summa cum laude from a name law school, passed both the NY and NJ bar exams on the first try and clerked for a judge for a year) are having trouble finding work.

Seriously, after the griping I've heard from friends who recently graduated from law school, I'd not recommend it for anyone now. There really are too many lawyers.

Good luck on finding a job. Even highly-qualified people (as in, graduated summa cum laude from a name law school, passed both the NY and NJ bar exams on the first try and clerked for a judge for a year) are having trouble finding work.

Seriously, after the griping I've heard from friends who recently graduated from law school, I'd not recommend it for anyone now. There really are too many lawyers.

I believe he already has a job working for HSLDA, which probably makes him akin to Einstein in the fundie / SOTDRT community.

Wissman's done more than Josh. Josh talks a good game but there is never any progress.

Beasley didn't go to an ABA accredited law school. He completed a "Christian Correspondence" law school program. (See http://www.obcl.edu/). This is why he has applied to the California bar despite being a Virginia resident. (California is the only state that allows graduates of non-accredited law schools to sit for the bar exam.)

I will be very, very surprised if he passes.

Beasley didn't go to an ABA accredited law school. He completed a "Christian Correspondence" law school program. (See http://www.obcl.edu/). This is why he has applied to the California bar despite being a Virginia resident. (California is the only state that allows graduates of non-accredited law schools to sit for the bar exam.)

She said he's studying 12hrs a day. I wonder if he's doing bar/bri....if so, and if he's reasonably bright, he could pass. If not he's probably screwed.

She said he's studying 12hrs a day. I wonder if he's doing bar/bri....if so, and if he's reasonably bright, he could pass. If not he's probably screwed.

Good point. Back when I was studying for the bar, my friends and I used to joke that we could have just skipped law school and sat through the Bar/Bri course to pass the bar, and I agree that the bar exam is largely a test of memorization and endurance as opposed to actual practical knowledge. Still, I think that without three years of "real" law school, it would be very difficult to understand and analyze bar exam questions, especially the multistate multiple choice.

Really, though, I just don't like Dan Beasley or his family. He seems arrogant and entitled, and the mean-spirited, petty side of me is kind of hoping that he does not succeed. Yes, I'm an adult and a professional. :twisted:

I'll be surprised if it takes him less than three tries.

I'm just going to point out that the California bar exam has around a 68% pass rate (although it does vary). For your UCLAs, USCs, etc, the pass rate is probably higher. For non-accredited correspondence schools, not so much. That shit's hard, yo.

Archived