IGNORED

Eat your hearts out Duggars

gustava

I mentioned Costco in the comments one time, and that if you buy the executive membership you get 2% back at the end of the year. Kelly responded that it's an extra half-hour drive or something and Walmart is closer. They would save a ton of money by shopping there. I get 25 pound bags of beans there for a little under $13. You can get 50 pound bags of rice and flour there. 2 giant tubs of peanut butter for less than the price of one jar at Wally World. Enormous bags of frozen corn, frozen green beans, strawberries, and mixed fruits for about $7.50. They could save several hundred dollars a month by shopping there but Kelly thinks it's too long of a drive to be worth it. And for pete's sakes, all their kids are at home all day... there must be SOMEONE available to go through all the coupons! Normally I'm pretty health-conscious so I don't use coupons but if I were having to borrow money to pay for my groceries, you bet I'd be clipping coupons like there's no tomorrow!

If they truly do shop at Walmart every other day, they could really save on gas by making that extra drive to costco once a week or less.

I know TV is a tool of Satan, but they should really try and catch a few episodes of Extreme Couponing. I've said it before about some of these QF families, but couponing is really made for people like them. The problems that you see from the crazies on EC wouldn't really apply to the Bateses. You don't have to worry about particularly healthy eating or special dietary needs because they eat cheap crap anyway. You don't have to worry about having a ton of food that will just go bad before you eat it all because they have so many mouths to feed. You don't even have to worry about trying to fit in time for couponing around school or work because they have 7 adults and quite a few more older kids who do everything at home.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can only imagine what would happen if Kelly put a request on her blog for people to send coupons. I bet they'd come from all over. I'd send the KY yours and mine coupon that was in today's paper...

I mentioned Costco in the comments one time, and that if you buy the executive membership you get 2% back at the end of the year. Kelly responded that it's an extra half-hour drive or something and Walmart is closer. They would save a ton of money by shopping there. I get 25 pound bags of beans there for a little under $13. You can get 50 pound bags of rice and flour there. 2 giant tubs of peanut butter for less than the price of one jar at Wally World. Enormous bags of frozen corn, frozen green beans, strawberries, and mixed fruits for about $7.50. They could save several hundred dollars a month by shopping there but Kelly thinks it's too long of a drive to be worth it. And for pete's sakes, all their kids are at home all day... there must be SOMEONE available to go through all the coupons! Normally I'm pretty health-conscious so I don't use coupons but if I were having to borrow money to pay for my groceries, you bet I'd be clipping coupons like there's no tomorrow!

If they wanted to save money on groceries, they would clip coupons and use them. I know WalMart usually has the cheapest prices, but if you shop the sales at other stores and use coupons, you can get better deals than what are available at WalMart. I really hate WalMart. They hate people who use coupons (and I'm not some crazy extreme couponer, I just have to save money). However, they certainly could save a lot of money if they did drive to a place like Sam's or Costco. The money they could save on milk and toilet paper alone would be worth the price of membership and gas. Plus, you get discounts on gas there, too.

I think they just like to make people feel sorry for them because they spend so much at the grocery store. I have the solution to that problem- keep your legs closed Kelly and stop having baybees.

The Duggars' asses will be chapped when the Bateses start to get more attention. In some ways Gil and Kelly are a bit more likable than Boob and Mullet. Kelly seems to do a tad better in homeschooling that Mullet does. The Bates kids are a bit musicians and singers than the Duggars.

What is wrong with green hair? Many music students are into the arts and self expression. Hair color is one form of self expression.

Mandatory chapel before school, everyone goes to class at the same time? That is NOT college, that is *maybe* high school.

Dress code, NOT college, maybe high school again.

That scene where Erin was playing the piano in the woods, that was just freaky.

Archived