IGNORED

Eat your hearts out Duggars

gustava

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
While they've chosen to avoid contraception for religious reasons, after two miscarriages, Kelly used hormone therapy to strengthen her uterus wall for the next three pregnancies. She told ABC that "using medicine to help keep a pregnancy was a different matter all together" and not contradictory to their beliefs.

"We don't try to prevent or to promote. We just want to trust God. But at the same time, if there's already a life living, we don't want to deny medical help to a baby that's in trouble," Kelly said.

They'll do anything for #20.

Their 18-year-old son Lawson ventures to Walmart every other day, spending over $250 each time.

OF HIS OWN MONEY!

"While they've chosen to avoid contraception for religious reasons, after two miscarriages, Kelly used hormone therapy to strengthen her uterus wall for the next three pregnancies. She told ABC that "using medicine to help keep a pregnancy was a different matter all together" and not contradictory to their beliefs."

Hm, so trust god, but don't trust god. Oookaaaayyyy. Yet I'm sure they'd pass negative judgement on me for using in vitro because I'm not one of them.

Also their oldest kid spends $250 at WalMart every other day? So over $45k a year? What the hell does Gil do for a living?

"We don't try to prevent or to promote. We just want to trust God. But at the same time, if there's already a life living, we don't want to deny medical help to a baby that's in trouble," Kelly said.

They'll do anything for #20.

Poor Lawson, is that $250 every other day loans? That is sure alot of money at walmart. It has always bothered me that the Duggars and Bates don't use a coupon. I doubt that Lawson price matches. I think the whole price match & coupons would be a great home schooling real life lesson. The junk food we have seen them buy, the grands rolls and canned foods can be gotten cheap or free with coupons. I know JimBob said in an episode coupons would take too much time to be worth it. That never made any sense to me because I spend maybe 30 minutes a week and get most of my neccessities free or cheap.

Maybe if they had to pay for health coverage they would be forced to clip some coupons. I know after I shell out my $790 a month for coverage for my family of 4, I need to clip a few coupons.

The article said that Jeb was premature. I thought he was only two weeks early? Are they trying to compete with the Duggars here too and drum up some preemie drama episodes?

Poor Lawson, is that $250 every other day loans? That is sure alot of money at walmart. It has always bothered me that the Duggars and Bates don't use a coupon. I doubt that Lawson price matches. I think the whole price match & coupons would be a great home schooling real life lesson. The junk food we have seen them buy, the grands rolls and canned foods can be gotten cheap or free with coupons. I know JimBob said in an episode coupons would take too much time to be worth it. That never made any sense to me because I spend maybe 30 minutes a week and get most of my neccessities free or cheap.

Maybe if they had to pay for health coverage they would be forced to clip some coupons. I know after I shell out my $790 a month for coverage for my family of 4, I need to clip a few coupons.

I never understood why they dont go to a Costco or Sam's Club. There has to be some type of bulk store in Tennessee. You save so much money that way. I am the only one in my household yet I still go.

No way to I believe they are spending $250 every two days at Walmart. There is no way they have that type of money to spend, even with Lawson's earnings. That family is always broke. I wouldn't doubt that there are many nights some go to bed hungry.

I LOVE LOVE this! They are outshining the Duggars...I have to admit I kinda like them. They seem like just genuine people and they actually allow their children to go to college. It would be great to see them go for #20 before the Duggars!

Honestly with all this attention, we can just bet they are getting their own show. Besides, they have alot more going on in their lives. If they have a show, I would probably tune in. I just want the Duggars to just go away...we've had enough already.

they actually allow their children to go to college.

Well... not quite. Erin got a full ride music scholarship to University of Tennessee or Tennessee State (can't remember which) and her father MADE HER TURN IT DOWN, because "evil things" happen at college.

Instead, she took one class at an ultra conservative, private Christian college, and I believe took one of her sisters along as a chaperone. And she had to pay for it.

Zach is doing some sort of College Minus thing, I believe. He travels with his intended a lot, and was stumping for Santorum, so he's not a full time student at a brick and mortar college.

Also, the conservative "college" that they let Erin taking classes at is not an accredited college. It is currently "working" on getting accredited.

On a side note, why did they even let Erin apply to a non-christian school? It's not like they would ever let her go there anyway.

Hmm..Speaknow, that's a good point...don't see the reason on her applying there if she knew that there was no way she would be allowed to go.

Speaking of school, since the Duggars have been on this Santorium tour since forever now...Who in the world is homeschool these kids while all of this is going on? Are they homeschooling on the bus or something? I highly doubt that

I never understood why they dont go to a Costco or Sam's Club. There has to be some type of bulk store in Tennessee. You save so much money that way. I am the only one in my household yet I still go.

I mentioned Costco in the comments one time, and that if you buy the executive membership you get 2% back at the end of the year. Kelly responded that it's an extra half-hour drive or something and Walmart is closer. They would save a ton of money by shopping there. I get 25 pound bags of beans there for a little under $13. You can get 50 pound bags of rice and flour there. 2 giant tubs of peanut butter for less than the price of one jar at Wally World. Enormous bags of frozen corn, frozen green beans, strawberries, and mixed fruits for about $7.50. They could save several hundred dollars a month by shopping there but Kelly thinks it's too long of a drive to be worth it. And for pete's sakes, all their kids are at home all day... there must be SOMEONE available to go through all the coupons! Normally I'm pretty health-conscious so I don't use coupons but if I were having to borrow money to pay for my groceries, you bet I'd be clipping coupons like there's no tomorrow!

I am sorry if you choose to let god control your pregnancies then you need to let god choose if the fetus lives or dies. You can't have one without the other unless you are making the choices. the whole thing is a lie to do what they want and blame god. they want babies so they will do everything to get them including blaming god on the whole decision.

Well... not quite. Erin got a full ride music scholarship to University of Tennessee or Tennessee State (can't remember which) and her father MADE HER TURN IT DOWN, because "evil things" happen at college.

:angry-steamingears: This makes me ragey. Erin isn't my favorite Bates (she's got a little too much smugness to her) but it's stupid that Gil and Kelly wouldn't let her use her GOD-GIVEN musical gifts to take herself places. I realize they don't want any of their kids to go anywhere, but that was really unfair of them to do to her. Couldn't they have sent along a brother as a chaperone or something? With a full-ride in place, surely they could have afforded an off-campus apartment for her and a brother if they can handle $250 Wal-Mart trips three times a week. At any rate, she might have gotten more outside exposure for people to buy her piano albums (more $$$ for mom's uterus-strengthening hormones).

But no, Erin has been relegated to the life of Fundie Princess who will just give piano lessons to her 15 future kids.

I agree. Don't say you put your reproduction in god's hands and then turn around and use drugs to get pregnant or to continue a pregnancy. At that point, god isn't deciding anymore, you are. God is just an excuse they use to have a lot of kids. Why they feel the need to have an excuse is beyond me. If they like kids and want a ton of them, then they should just say they like kids and want a ton of them. There's no reason to drag god into it unless you don't really care much for kids and you don't really want 20 of them but feel the need to do it because of pressure from someone else.

I can't wait for the Duggars to be guests on the new show, after theirs ends. Gil giving JB old clothes, a used bus, and additions to the TTH.

The circle of life...

I mentioned Costco in the comments one time, and that if you buy the executive membership you get 2% back at the end of the year. Kelly responded that it's an extra half-hour drive or something and Walmart is closer. They would save a ton of money by shopping there. I get 25 pound bags of beans there for a little under $13. You can get 50 pound bags of rice and flour there. 2 giant tubs of peanut butter for less than the price of one jar at Wally World. Enormous bags of frozen corn, frozen green beans, strawberries, and mixed fruits for about $7.50. They could save several hundred dollars a month by shopping there but Kelly thinks it's too long of a drive to be worth it. And for pete's sakes, all their kids are at home all day... there must be SOMEONE available to go through all the coupons! Normally I'm pretty health-conscious so I don't use coupons but if I were having to borrow money to pay for my groceries, you bet I'd be clipping coupons like there's no tomorrow!

Finding grocery bargains is so easy these days. I use a free website that compares costco vs walmart vs local grocery stores. I agree costco is great for rice/beans/frozen veggies/fruits. It is very easy to get most household supplies(dishwashing & laundry detetrgent, toothpaste, deordarant toliet paper etc), pasta sauce, grands rolls, peanut butter, ice cream, cake mixes, sports drinks, bottled water, jello, pudding, pasta, mac n cheese, popcorn, granola bars for near free at chain stores. It is very easy. Even a young homeschooled Bates child could match up a sale with a coupon on a chart.

I have to eat a special diet because of health issues and with hard work I can find many deals on healthly foods but I could find the processed crap they eat easily for free or cheap.

Every week for each computer(I remember the Bates having a few homeschool computers set up & we know the Duggars have plenty), you can print off (2) .75 off any milk coupons, and $2 off of cheese. I have used these coupons at walmart no problems. Just on milk alone that one coupon could save the Bates $300 a year and maybe the could use the savings next time a little one has strep throat they could use the quick-care and pay $65 instead of using the ER.

I have the feeling that maybe JimBob wants the spotlight off of him? Maybe he knows the girls are getting older and the family is losing its appeal and questions are being asked. As much as some think he is greedy and wants the show to go on, he might be happy with what he has. Pre-TLC , they are stuffed in a small house. Now he has his large home paid off, multiple properties paid off, multiple cars, trucks, and buses paid off and maybe he has some money saved. His family got to travel for years for free and maybe he is being wise to bow out and let the Bates take the heat for the lack of education and choices for the kids.

Guest Anonymous

Instead, she took one class at an ultra conservative, private Christian college, and I believe took one of her sisters along as a chaperone. And she had to pay for it.

Zach is doing some sort of College Minus thing, I believe. He travels with his intended a lot, and was stumping for Santorum, so he's not a full time student at a brick and mortar college.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't Gil & Kelly both college educated? Seems like I heard that somewhere.

Finding grocery bargains is so easy these days. I use a free website that compares costco vs walmart vs local grocery stores. I agree costco is great for rice/beans/frozen veggies/fruits. It is very easy to get most household supplies(dishwashing & laundry detetrgent, toothpaste, deordarant toliet paper etc), pasta sauce, grands rolls, peanut butter, ice cream, cake mixes, sports drinks, bottled water, jello, pudding, pasta, mac n cheese, popcorn, granola bars for near free at chain stores. It is very easy. Even a young homeschooled Bates child could match up a sale with a coupon on a chart.

I have to eat a special diet because of health issues and with hard work I can find many deals on healthly foods but I could find the processed crap they eat easily for free or cheap.

Every week for each computer(I remember the Bates having a few homeschool computers set up & we know the Duggars have plenty), you can print off (2) .75 off any milk coupons, and $2 off of cheese. I have used these coupons at walmart no problems. Just on milk alone that one coupon could save the Bates $300 a year and maybe the could use the savings next time a little one has strep throat they could use the quick-care and pay $65 instead of using the ER.

All of that, ontop of Walmart honoring ads from other stores, they could easily buy a newspaper just for the circulars and give the rest to a neighbor or family friend, and take the circulars to Walmart with them. As long as the Buy one Get One ads have a regular price on them, Walmart will honor them and any other ad that's cheaper than their own prices. Gil and Kelly are lazy and greedy. I can understand Lawson helping out a little, hell I got $300 as a late Christmas gift, spent a lot of it on myself, and spent a bit on my mom, because she always puts herself last, and She neglects herself, but damn, making your teenager buy groceries for the children that YOU popped out? That's irresponsible. If you can't provide for your children, it's time to rethink your job/living situation.

Archived