IGNORED

Breaking news! Maxwell's have another conference!

Justme

Guest Anonymous

They are speaking at a Curriculum and Used Book Fair. Except they don't "allow" their own books to be sold used. Or even "allow" libraries to stock them.......

http://www.titus2.com/m-used-books.htm

For anyone thinking about purchasing a used Managers of Their Homes book, you need to be aware of the copyright. It says, "If you have registered ownership of this book with Communication Concepts, Inc. permission is granted for photocopying parts of the Scheduling Kit for personal use only. Such reproductions may not be sold or given to anyone else."

Registration of the book is accomplished by filling out a registration page which is found at the back of the book and mailing it in to us where we keep it on file - one registration per book!

It has come to our attention that some are selling used Managers of Their Homes books without the registration page, and or the scheduling kit. The innocent new buyer may be disappointed to learn they cannot register the book and copy the kit because the original buyer kept the registration page and did not tell them.

Unfortunately, if a person buys a used book, the seller may not have been upfront with them about the registration and then they are likely to be disappointed. The question still remains, why has MOTH been so incredibly successful in helping mothers manage the home? We are convinced it is because of both the book (for reading and reference) and the kit. Both are important for a mother's ongoing success. That is why we grant those who keep and use the book the opportunity to copy the kit, and or buy a new one should they choose to.

If you know of someone considering purchasing a used book, please share this with them. The one who registers the book is the only one who may purchase a new kit or copy the one that came with the book. If the kit is copied, it can only be used by the one who registered the book.

What does registering get me? Why on earth would I give them my info!?!

I can understand them prohibiting the resale of a membership, thats totally cool. They cant stop someone from selling the book.

Calvary Church

820 Route 113 Souderton, PA 18964

No idea where in PA that is!

Awww, I mapquested. 5 hours 44 minutes away ,too far. :/

It is weird they are coming all the way to PA.but not during the giant CHAP conference which is when they came last year. CHAP is a huge money maker for homeschool businesses, some sellers make 1/3-1/2 of their yearly income there.Why would they pass that up and go for something I have never heard of?

Awww, I mapquested. 5 hours 44 minutes away ,too far. :/

It is weird they are coming all the way to PA.but not during the giant CHAP conference which is when they came last year. CHAP is a huge money maker for homeschool businesses, some sellers make 1/3-1/2 of their yearly income there.Why would they pass that up and go for something I have never heard of?

*lol* beggars can't be choosey! There phone isn't ringing off the hook, they have to go where they are asked! :?

Someone request to have them come to the Salt Lake City gineschool convention, please. I have to see them but I don't want to be associated with them, if ya get what I mean.

I want them to come to the uk. Id bust out the denim frumpers if they. Of course if they did uriah would be left behind and that would give me a sad.

I'd love them to come too, but as Stevie has said, they have defrauding issues with airport security scanners.

Don't forget Terri is quite hot ;-)

Calvary Church

820 Route 113 Souderton, PA 18964

No idea where in PA that is!

Okay, so I googled. And Souderton, PA is pretty much in the middle of nowhere, roughly halfway between Philly and Allentown. Population: 6618.

Calvary Church looks pretty big, despite the small town it's in, and they're definitely not a bunch of frumper-wearers. The photos on their website show a lot of perfectly normal-looking people having fun (including mixed groups of young men and women together, actually touching each other in a normal, friendly way). Nobody looks like they're obsessing over death. So I'm sure Steve will whip the whole family into a crying frenzy next New Year's, mourning the state of their souls.

That's about an hour from me! I'm thinking about going - even tho the headship just said it's a little creepy to go see speakers I don't support, in the least. Any other NJ FJers up for it? It's June 22-23, so it's still a while away.

I'd love them to come too, but as Stevie has said, they have defrauding issues with airport security scanners.

Don't forget Terri is quite hot ;-)

Yes, he did say this in one post. In another post, he said they were praying to go to Australia. Now, I wonder how they are planning to get there w/out flying?!? Float Uriah on a raft and paddle? :lol:

How can you forbid anybody to sell their own book that they have paid for? They are starting to sound like the Church of $cientology...

Evil used book market! Damned to hell all people who buy books and then sell them after reading them! Or (gasp!) anyone who should have the nerve to DONATE a book. That is a straight trip to fiery hell, do not pass "GO", do not collect $200.

One of my favorite places to browse is a great used book store.

Guest Anonymous

Managers of their Chores may not even be used in a library:

Please Note: Since the book and accompanying forms are copyrighted, they aren't suitable for a library. It would be like ordering a school planner for a library. Multiple people can't use it without violating the copyrighted forms. If the book did go in the library, the ChorePack would need to be removed, and the Chore forms would need a note written on each one that says they are copyright and can't be copied. The group would not have ethical access to the ChorePacks website as well.

Too bad that there are several copies floating around the US public library system then. And that their 'copyright' statement is about as binding as a tblsp of castor oil. SOTDRT=/=law school

WTF.

Last time I checked all the books in the library (any library in any part of North America and probable other parts of the world too) are copyrighted. They just don't want people to get their information without them getting any money.

Last summer I was at a homeschool curriculum fair and there was a used copy of MOTH there. I was seriously going to buy it,but instead I looked through it and put it back. It was still $18 which I thought was too much for a used schedule.

CONTROL CONTROL CONTROL CONTROL CONTROL

I'd love to see Steve try to enforce any of his "rules" about who may purchase MOTH and the ChorePacks, and what happens to those materials when they hit the used book market.

Rather than obsessing over the small number of (potentially) lost sales due to libraries, used book sales, and unauthorized copying, he would far better serve his family's interests by focusing on the next product--the next fresh, new thing nobody's seen a hundred times before--they can offer.

I wonder if a nice family from the Calvary Church will house the Maxwells. The Maxwells are probably happy about this gig. I think they are probably realizing that their popularity is decreasing.

Archived