IGNORED

Kidist from Cameraluc Gets in a Two-fer of Hate

GolightlyGrrl

I can't begin to list the ways this is offensive.

But as somebody who works with the public, of course he didn't argue -- he'd probably get fired if he said anything. I have huge holes in my tongue on a daily basis from not telling people what I'd like to say. (Not everybody. Just a few, really. Most of them are fine.) Granted the only homophobia thrown in my face was from a coworker (...awkward...but I had backup, she was amused because a couple who were dancers were coming as part of a performance group and requested a king bed and since it was two men she though it was hilarious -- another coworker whose brother is openly gay and I asked her flat-out why that was funny, so what, and she never did come up with an answer, it just was somehow.)

When you work with the public, there are things you can't say. Things like "Shut up you stupid bitch, you are a racist and a homophobe and a fucking idiot." As she obviously doesn't realise this, it only makes her more of a fucking idiot.

If anyone has ever deserved having someone spit in their food, it's her! That said, the "smiles of agreement" she thinks she got were more likely to be "smile to get the crazy bitch to shut the hell up!".

:? So every time I smile weakly and say nothing because I disagree strongly but can't think of a polite response, people are interpreting that to mean "Patsy smiled to show agreement"? Oh dear oh dear.

This is really really awful. She's non-white herself (that's her stated self-identification [link=http://cameraluc.blogspot.com.au/2012/01/music-is-about-bringing-us-all-together.html]here[/link]) and she honestly thinks white, western musicians are the best. She hasn't actually given her opinion on African music, but what she did state was so clear a declaration of white supremacy that she didn't really need to. That's some truly horrible self-hatred right there.

My Asian boyfriend used to live in the condo building next to that Fran's. I've eaten there a few times.

It's a TEN FUCKING MINUTE walk from Church and Wellesley (the gay village). If you don't want to see any gays, why would you choose the Fran's closest to the village? There are like five other locations in downtown.

Holy shit, she lives in Toronto? If she's this much of a racist, homophobic moron how the hell does she deal with living in the city?

Also now the next time I go to Fran's, I'm going to have to keep an ear out for anyone spouting this level of stupid.

Kidist's blog is creeping me out and I don't understand.

Heidi Klum lost her "Germanic confidence" after marrying "an aggressive black man"? When I saw the pictures Kidist put up I thought the third one looked like Gudrun Ensslin (no offence meant to Germans here, Ensslin was a stunner anyway and I study things to do with political violence) but aside from that just saw a beautiful woman in various stages of her life. Likewise when Kidist put up a pic of Michelle Obama and complained about her dress. I thought "Michelle Obama, much as I dislike her husband's politics, looks lovely here. It makes me wish I wasn't a short baldy heided white Scot and I could wear the dress". But Kidist said that Ms Obama was flaunting her ethnicity and that of the designer.

It is like she has the weirdest lens in the world and is staring through it fixedly.

It only gets worse! FJists, why do you subject the innocent link clicker to such torture!

Kidist, I am going to send you a photo of me. Don't worry, I will be clothed. I will however be wearing an anti police hoodie, khakis and army boots, as well as a military greatcoat. I shaved my head recently and it was partly without the graded clippers so it's very. short. indeed. I am not wearing any makeup. I am 30 years of age.

If you ever feel the urge to describe Jennifer Aniston as "mousy" or Candace Bushnell as "bloated" again, look at the picture and think on. Then look in the mirror and think on.

The silent smiles from the wait staff can be translated as "Holy shit, she's not just racist and homophobic, but clearly bonkers." I have no doubt that they assumed psychiatric issues, and thought it best not to engage. In other words, the silence wasn't a sign that they are intolerant, it's a sign that they are tolerant of all including those with active mental illness.

I lived and worked in that area for 6 years. If I excluded gays and Asians, my social circle would have been tiny.

After reading some of her posts I am comfortable with a diagnosis of paranoid delusional with a sprinkling of persecution complex. She is VERY hyper-focused on people's ethnicities and sexual orientation. I agree with a previous poster that she most likely has a large amount of these convos in her head or she is projecting her inner thoughts and opinions onto others. She seems to feel that "like" should stick to "like" and anyone wandering outside their ethnic background are committing some kind of crime.

I wonder if her personality is a result of upbringing or of mental illness. Maybe both?

I see her as a malignant narcissist. Like any narcissist, she's unable to see other people as independent beings, who have their own thoughts, feelings, and motivations. She's created a set of rigidly-defined human categories in her head (women, Chinese, gays, etc.), categories that have everything to do with her own particular issues and nothing to do with actual, living people. The people around her have tightly-written roles to play, roles that she has created for them in her head. So she derives a lot of satisfaction ("narcissistic supply") from other people's success or failure at playing their roles--either way, she gets to denigrate them, and thus always be in a superior position.

She has incredible hate for Vera Wang--an Asian-American woman who has risen to the pinnacle of success in the world of fashion, without being either a raving beauty or even well-dressed herself. Her career was built on wedding dresses, and she had a long marriage to a successful, white husband. (Did they divorce? I don't remember, and I'm on my phone.)

So I see nothing but seething envy, there. Kidist dabbles in textile design, but all of her arts education has failed to bring her any success--she has no career, period. She goes on about the role "real," feminine women should play in marriage, but has yet to be married herself (and, at the rate she's going, probably never will be). And she rails against Asian women who marry white men, thus depriving white women of proper marriage partners--yet no marriage partner, white or otherwise, has materialized for her.

So tearing down Vera Wang (or Michelle Obama) is her way of propping herself up. They are successful, educated, non-white women, but as long as Vera Wang can be written off as a mediocre designer, or Michelle Obama remains too (unapologetically, shamelessly) black and has no taste or dignity, then Kidist can relax. Kidist may be a failed artist/writer/thinker, living in a tiny bachelor apartment, with no friends, no husband, and no prospects that anything will change, but as long as she can condemn Vera or Michelle (or Heidi Klum, or Jane Lynch, or any Chinese-Canadian woman on the street with her white husband, or the negligent "career woman" mother of the little boy across

the street), Kidist can maintain that she is actually superior to them.

Narcissists are commonly believed to have too much self-esteem, but in reality the opposite is true. They're filled with rage, fear, and shame, and are constantly engaged in constructing a false self that will allow them to feel superior. And Kidist is a classic example. Is there perhaps some psychosis, or another personality disorder at work here? I wouldn't be surprised by that. But I'm finally getting a handle on the narcissist I have in my own life, and while he's not as paranoid or such a blatant seeker of negative attention as Kidist is, I still see a lot of similarities.

Excellent summary, Jezebel.

Beyond her bigotry, which is vile, Kidist has this insatiable need to be superior to everyone else. She seems to have an inflated opinion of her own talent and skills. I find her photography and art amateurish. And though her writing is technically proficient, Kidist lacks a "voice" or "style"-unless we consider hatred to be a proper voice and style.

I have a feeling Kidist grew up convinced she was the most special snowflake ever, and once she got out in the real world nobody was really that impressed by her. Now, most people put on their big kid underpants and move on. But not Kidist. She can't face her own mediocrity so she strikes out at everything and everyone.

I'm seriously considering doing a WTF File on her. I'm sure she'll notify the Hate Commission about me.

And I enjoyed reading the comments on that Freethought blog, and I love it that someone notified Laura's about Kidist. I can't believe anyone would hire this hateful, bigoted cunt.

My GOD! This woman is MENTAL!!!!!!!

She's the female version of Crazy-Letter-To-Edito- Writer most often found in retired middle-aged men.

And the piece about the inferiority of Asian Musicians is just....baffling. She could just as easily have written a piece about the moral decline and fall of a housebrick...

A fresh post from crazy-ville here:

cameraluc.blogspot.com/2012/02/white-men-and-asian-women.html

As usual, she's having obsessive conversations in her head without much regard for reality.

My Asian boyfriend used to live in the condo building next to that Fran's. I've eaten there a few times.

It's a TEN FUCKING MINUTE walk from Church and Wellesley (the gay village). If you don't want to see any gays, why would you choose the Fran's closest to the village? There are like five other locations in downtown.

Because she lives in the neighborhood. She's just below Allan Gardens, so it's not much of a walk to that Fran's (and the subway station that would take her downtown).

[ETA]

(Yes, I know where she lives. It's amazing how easy it is to find someone's home address with Google Maps when they slag on specific businesses in their immediate neighborhood, then post a photo of the view from their apartment of the houses across the street. Give me enough breadcrumbs, and OMG I will so totally follow that trail. In this case, it took me about 20 minutes. And since there's a sign for the property management company's website in front of her building in the Google street view, I also know that she lives in an extremely small bachelor/studio apartment. [/googlestalk])

A fresh post from crazy-ville here:

cameraluc.blogspot.com/2012/02/white-men-and-asian-women.html

As usual, she's having obsessive conversations in her head without much regard for reality.

The only thing I can think of when I read something like this is:

212y4b6.jpg

Archived