IGNORED

Kidist from Cameraluc Gets in a Two-fer of Hate

GolightlyGrrl

I am in shock that this racist twat is a fellow Canadian.

It's amazing that she can say something like "Everyone I talk to thinks homosexuals are nasty" (paraphrased) and then, just because the waiter doesn't say anything after her rant, assumes that he agrees with her.

He's just trying not to antagonize the nutty customer you dumb twat! Talk to me and I'll give you a few home truths.

ARGH!!!!!

Bitch is delusional. From the post- a conversation with her regular waiter at a diner regarding a gay couple eating there (a gay couple including a "loud" Filipino man):

Kidist: "Do you mind if I say something?"

Waiter: "No, not at all." He looked a little worried.

Kidist: "That couple there is homosexual, isn't it?"

Waiter: "Yes, they look like that to me."

Kidist: "Don't you think it is pretty creepy? And they're so open about it. And everywhere I go in the downtown core, there are homosexuals everywhere. What's going on?"

Waiter: "I don't like to judge."

Kidist: "Well, you're just being polite."

Waiter: "Canada is a multicultural country. Everyone belongs here."

Kidist: "Really? Everyone I talk to, who honestly tells me his opinion, doesn't think homosexuals are normal. God gave us male and female, and everything flows form there. Gays are just there to destroy all that. They're very aggressive, you know. If they heard what I'm saying to you, they would probably (especially the loud Filipino one) report me to the Human Rights Commission."

At this point, he smiled just a little to show me that he agreed.

Kidist: "We need to set up an army. We're going to have to fight them sooner or later. Better get used to that idea."

Silence from him, but not a hostile one.

That she thinks the smile and silence means he agrees with her is laughable. He just found out she's a raving, possibly violent lunatic he's required to be professional to for his job. How else is he supposed to act?

What do you want to bet the next time she eats there, that particular waiter isn't going to serve her unless he absolutely has to?

Oh, hey--I've eaten at that Fran's when in Toronto. [/irrelevant]

That said, of course the waiter wasn't hostile and didn't challenge her--it's his job to keep customers happy. It's his job to make regulars feel like he's their "friend." He could potentially lose that job if he were to tell her what he really thought, and that she's completely unable to recognize this, and assumes his silence means consent, shows just how broken her ability to understand other people and their motivations is.

She thought the waiter spent "too much time" waiting on the gay couple, and was offended by that. Well, here's a thought, Kidist--maybe they come in all the time, and the waiter is "friends" with them in the way he is (or was) "friends" with you. Maybe the waiter is gay, and feels an affinity with them. Or maybe it's because you're a single woman coming in alone for her usual cheap breakfast special, and once you're taken care of the waiter doesn't see a need to give you a lot of attention. Maybe it's because the social dynamic of dealing with two people instead of one simply takes more time. Maybe the loud Filipino is more sociable, and engages the waiter more.

Or maybe, Kidist, you think the waiter is giving the gay couple too much attention because in your mind he shouldn't be giving them any attention at all. Maybe the loud Filipino guy was only offensive because he was gay and Filipino--had he been a loud white hetero guy, he wouldn't have been more than a minor annoyance, if that.

This is a perfect example of how she can't understand how other people think; nor can she come up with alternate explanations for what is happening around her. She can't put herself in another person's shoes, or even begin to see the world from their point of view. She jumps to one conclusion, based on her iron-clad prejudices, and can't even comprehend that there are any other conclusions that could possibly be drawn.

And then there's this gem:

These days, I'm not shy about confronting ordinary people about these assumptions. The waiter is right, Canada has advertised itself as a tolerant, multicultural country. Yet all these multicultural components are slowly eroding the country. The Chinese and Korean group, which collectively likes to be called "Asian," is another group which is subtly changing things, from the way business is handled (in shops, offices and even now in government) to the kinds of offspring they bear. For example, a large majority of Asian women are marrying white men and their children invariably end up associating more with their Asian background rather than their European one.

I said as much to another waitress at Fran's. A group of white men and their Asian girlfriends were at the table next to me. I said to my white waitress: "Doesn't it bother you when you see so many white men with Asian women? They are taking away your chances of having a husband and children." The poor girl looked bewildered, but didn't disagree with me. She continues to give me good service when I go there, so she clearly didn't mind (or find racist) what I said to her.

Keep saying that stuff, Kidist. Keep confronting people with it. Because one of these days, she'll get bold enough to share her ugliness with someone who isn't constrained by their job of serving her hateful self, and the results will be entertaining.

Honestly, if I were a restaurant owner and my waitstaff told me I had a customer saying this kind of vile shit to them, I'd give them permission to stand up for themselves (and others) and tell her off. There are some customers it's worth losing, and she's one of them.

I've probably said it before, but I used to read her blog and had to stop because she's so cold-bloodedly hateful I felt sick and defiled by it. I'd see new posts from her show up in my reader and cringe--so I unsubbed.

From what I can tell, she lives a very isolated life, despite being in Toronto. I always got the impression of someone who had no friendships (beyond other isolated cranks on the Internet), no lovers, no husband, and minimal contact with family. She had a part-time job in a clothing store last time I read her, but I suspect the bulk of her income comes from a trust fund or some form of family support because I don't see how she could have been supporting herself independently in Toronto before she got that job (or even with it). Despite living in Toronto, she's been buffered against actually having to get to know people in her hated groups by working for or alongside them. And she also doesn't understand the power differential between customers and waitstaff, and why they continue to wait on her even after she says her ugly things, which tells me she's never had to depend on keeping sweet with people she loathes in order to keep a job.

That woman has no business living in Toronto. She should move to one of the small all-white towns (there's lots of them) further out from the GTA.

Also, as to the previous mention that the waiter might have been gay? It's Toronto! If he's not gay that would be the exception.

Also, as to the previous mention that the waiter might have been gay? It's Toronto! If he's not gay that would be the exception.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking this. Even in my city, which isn't the most gay-friendly, a disproportionate number of the male waiters who serve me are gay (or at least ping my gaydar super strongly)

That woman has no business living in Toronto. She should move to one of the small all-white towns (there's lots of them) further out from the GTA.

If she did that, she might be subject to racism herself--she's of Ethiopian descent, after all.

It's bizarre. Her Ethiopian family members obviously benefited from Canada being a "nation of immigrants," yet she would deny those same opportunities to Asians? How the hell does that work?

:lol:

I can't believe this is real. I mean i know there are hateful people out there, but I just can't believe they are trying to spread their disease. Of course, when I first found Zsuzsu and PP my jaw dropped and I was like, "I can't believe they have kids." Seriously, I'm not naive, but I guess hateful, disgusting people still surprise me- especially if they are well educated and/or otherwise reasonably intelligent.

I'm assuming she's going to a restaurant to enjoy the food so why the hell is she worrying about other people and their lifestyles sitting in a restaurant? She isn't even forced to interact with them. She can't eat in a restaurant without worrying about potentially gay people and asians. She can't enjoy classical music because there are too many "foreigners". She can't enjoy her work because she has to deal with "foreigners". She sounds like the most lonely and miserable creature ever. She worries so much about how others choose to live their lives that she can't even live her own life properly.

Disliking her isn't even worth it. She's just to sad and pitiful for words.

Bitch is delusional. From the post- a conversation with her regular waiter at a diner regarding a gay couple eating there (a gay couple including a "loud" Filipino man):

That she thinks the smile and silence means he agrees with her is laughable. He just found out she's a raving, possibly violent lunatic he's required to be professional to for his job. How else is he supposed to act?

What do you want to bet the next time she eats there, that particular waiter isn't going to serve her unless he absolutely has to?

Especially the parts I bolded make me head-desk.

The gay people are bad because they are aggressive, which means they will report you? In order to make sure that doesn't happen, she will have to raise an army and start a fight?

How does she not see the hypocrisy in her statements when they are so close together? Not to mention that I'd call someone reporting a person for an offense they actually committed way less aggressive than setting up an army and start fights.

Ditto on the whole part of the waiters simply acting professionally when being faced with bat-shit craziness. But I think she knows it too, that's why she's giving these rants to people who can't tell her to shut the fuck up.

I'd be dumbounded/silent too if someone said these things to me....nothing new to add....in this city of all places she's bitching about gay people and Asians.....this is one of those times when my liberal self wants to say "if you don't like it, leave!"

Of course the waiter just smiled and nodded. He was trying to avoid getting stabbed in the face with a fork by a crazy bitch. We've done that several times at my bakery job- just smile and nod and maybe the psychotic customer won't try to shove cake up your nose or stab you or something.

This woman is a narcissist with some kind of social awareness disability. I believe her "conversations" happen mostly in her head.

In response to Darkplumage - yes, we've talked about her before - she thinks Asians can't possibly be good musicians and that they're stealing the white men....she's disgusting.

Archived