IGNORED

The Maxwell "girls" shop at Christopher & Banks

0 kids n not countin

I went to JC Penney's tonight (BTW, I got a $70 dress for $4 woohoo)and right across the way is the CB store. If I knew how to use my cellphone I would have taken a picture because I must have looked like a lunatic laughing to myself . If people only knew I was thinking of you all and this thread. :)

LOL, I'm honored you thought of the thread I started while shopping. :lol:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got a few decent items at UK TopShop, but I thought even with the exchange rate the prices weren't terrible. Essentially I thought the quality was worth the price. The one in Chicago...I remember seeing a $125 dress that was coming apart on one of the seems, for example. Srsly?

I've stopped at the one in Chicago, too (I work in Water Tower, so it's not like I went out of my way) - I was not impressed. H&M next door is basically the same stuff at a quarter of the price.

Sizing has definitely changed- at 5 ft. 3 inches, and 130, pounds, I shouldn't be able to fit into *any* children's clothing- but I can.

Those are my stats exactly, and I have a few kids' sizes in my wardrobe, and I am not the smallest person I know by any means. I've also noticed that the overlap in kids' vs. ladies' shoe sizes has increased - when I was about 10-11 and outgrowing kids' shoes, there wasn't much at all, but now I can wear a ladies' 8 and a kids' 6 interchangeably.

My advertising online now keeps popping up as Christopher and Banks now. It makes me giggle.

My problem is that I can only mostly wear cotton, and sometimes rayon and silk (I love bamboo rayon!), for every day, since I will either break out in a rash from some fabrics (all wool- cashmere included, for instance), or since a lot of artificial fibers don't wick sweat well, I'll start breaking out. My bras tend to be the only non-cotton fabric items I wear on a daily basis; even my workout gear is at least 50% cotton. This limits my consumption of a lot of really trendy stuff, so I just mostly wear jeans and cotton knits. I'm very boring, but if anyone would have some advice, I'd love to hear it! I also prefer to cover up my back and upper arms, due to scarring. Eeeeash. So I guess I'm modest, since I can't wear that sinful, trendy stuff, but God, I would love to!

I've stopped at the one in Chicago, too (I work in Water Tower, so it's not like I went out of my way) - I was not impressed. H&M next door is basically the same stuff at a quarter of the price.

Those are my stats exactly, and I have a few kids' sizes in my wardrobe, and I am not the smallest person I know by any means. I've also noticed that the overlap in kids' vs. ladies' shoe sizes has increased - when I was about 10-11 and outgrowing kids' shoes, there wasn't much at all, but now I can wear a ladies' 8 and a kids' 6 interchangeably.

You work at WTP? Ha we've probably passed each other a zillions times. I'm over there quite often. I can't imagine TopShop doing all that well. I've been there on a few occasions and it was a ghost town in there.

On th other hand, LOVE All Saints, but the prices make me a bit sad. :o A girl can dream right?

You work at WTP? Ha we've probably passed each other a zillions times. I'm over there quite often. I can't imagine TopShop doing all that well. I've been there on a few occasions and it was a ghost town in there.

On th other hand, LOVE All Saints, but the prices make me a bit sad. :o A girl can dream right?

Yep! Territory Ahead (our clientele is mainly mature with the very occasional fundie, as we do a mean long denim skirt). Haven't been to All Saints, but have heard it's pricey.

Yep! Territory Ahead (our clientele is mainly mature with the very occasional fundie, as we do a mean long denim skirt). Haven't been to All Saints, but have heard it's pricey.

Yes Eileen Fischer is your neighbor too! I admit I tend to skip straight over to Henri Bendel when I go in...to lookb ;)

By the way, does anyone know if the Maxwells also "buy used & save the difference"?

No they do not. They are actually not frugal shoppers, and they do order shirts and such from Land's End.

I used to shop at C&B when I was a fundy - and then never again until recently when I found a cute wrap sweater there on sale.

They do have some cute items but you have to dig for them.

Archived