IGNORED

Check out this "ministry" School of Grace

chiccy

They specialize in Purity Balls, but they also have a thing called the "School of Grace." Its purpose is

To discover the art and grace and beauty as we celebrate God's powerful design and influence of the feminine spirit.

The week long school begins each day at nine o'clock and ends at one o'clock in the afternoon. The ladies will learn how to create lovely environments of welcome and beauty and learn the basics of etiquette, grace, and hosting. We will practice the charm of posture and mingling, the art of valuing others, asking wise questions, how to formally set a table, host with grace and many other venues of beauty. And the curriculum is now available for ordering to start your own school!

...Great. The school/ministry seems to be run by these girls:

The%20Girls.jpg

Is it just me, or is the one on the right not dressed very modestly? Anyway, the source is generationsoflight.com/html/theschoolofgrace.html. The purity ball stuff is at generationsoflight.com.

Nothing new here, it sounds exactly like the charm schools of yesterday. Balancing a book on your head, anyone? ;)

Was gonna say...

I remember as a kid living for a bit in Washington, DC, and having a babysitter (regular American high school girl babysitter) in the mid-70's, she was very into the "Miss America Pageant" and let us watch it, and then she talked about charm school (she was very into the "model" thing) and we had some fun trying to balance books on our heads. It was the first thing I thought of when I saw this post!

There's something to be said for etiquette schools if you find you'll suddenly need to host parties requiring certain old upper class behaviors but (1) no reason it's only needed for women - smarmy politicians of all stripes need it too, and (2) most people probably never need it!

NIKE! for gal #3

Nike aside, now that I look again at the picture, I'm seriously girl-crushing on all of them. Hope they're thanking the Lord for their genetic fortune. :shock:

Those are Randy Wilson's daughters, featured in the TLC special on purity balls. Lauren (left) married someone in the armed forces after 8 months of courting, 6 of which he was deployed in the Middle East. She had her first kiss at the wedding, but had to reluctantly admit that she wasn't his first kiss. Khrystian (right) also married an officer of some kind after a really short period of time.

Those are Randy Wilson's daughters, featured in the TLC special on purity balls. Lauren (left) married someone in the armed forces after 8 months of courting, 6 of which he was deployed in the Middle East. She had her first kiss at the wedding, but had to reluctantly admit that she wasn't his first kiss. Khrystian (right) also married an officer of some kind after a really short period of time.

That disturbs me...A LOT. There was a BBC 4 documentary about the movement with them in it, but it's since been taken off of youtube :(

Colt%20and%20Logan.JPG

I highly doubt the girl's brothers will take a course like this...

It's 89 bucks EACH for a girl and her dad to attend the Purity Ball, which serves a "three course meal". Really? At our wedding, we had open bar (5 hours), cocktail hour with five different appetizers, a five-course dinner, wedding cake and then a Venetian table, for less than that per person. What a rip-off!

Khrystian (ffs, what's with that spelling???? JEEEEZ) married a captain after six months together, I think. If you google these nutballs, you'll come up with a good number of articles, and this lil gem right here:

(not breaking link since it's a youtube video). Appropriate, since it's almost Valentine's day. I wanted to send the clip to my dad, but since he sent me a non-creepy valentine (a special delivery for a special daughter! so proud of you! love, Dad), I think I should be nice to him. My valentines from him are usually the only ones I get, and they always make me smile, so I want to keep them coming. Ha.

Also, my dad would vom if I talked about my "purity" in front of him. He gets all shirty when he sees my bras in the wash, so the idea of me having or not having sex would push him over the edge.

I most be one of those heathens that the abstience/how to be a proper girls teachers have heard of. I have never heard of purity ball/ring untill I started talking with you FreeJingerites. *isn't surrounded by fundies in her neck of the woods, and if she is, they just keep to themselves*

Archived