IGNORED

monica lewinsky vs duggars

gustava

How are the Duggars any different than Monica Lewinsky and the blue dress? Both wanted their 15 minutes of fame and were willing to do anything to achieve it.

How are the Duggars any different than Monica Lewinsky and the blue dress? Both wanted their 15 minutes of fame and were willing to do anything to achieve it.

Lewinski didn't wear frumpers and didn't get pregnant?

They're both fameseekers IMO but, apples and oranges.

1) Monica didn't ask for fame but got pulled into the limelight.

2) While you could argue that she hurt Hillary and Chelsea by having sex with Bill, she did nowhere near the damage to them that the Duggars do to their children. Nor did/does Monica perpetuate a lifestyle and discipline practices that can hurt children other than her own, unlike the Duggars.

I'm going to disagree here and say there is a huge difference. Monica lewinsky was a young woman who was slightly naive and was used as a pawn in a sophisticated game of nasty politics- she was used by people in authority who abused their position of trust. Jimbob and Michelle duggar are neither naive, nor are they being 'used' by TLC or anyone else.

Lewinsky is educated and trying to support herself in other ways. (Her brief handbag line and getting her Master's degree) I can imagine it can be difficult to get a job without people harassing her about the sex scandal so I don't blame her for trying to twist it to her advantage.

The Duggar parents have skills other than baby making and can probably go back to their previous realtor jobs. People will barely remember 19KaC in a few years so they could stop using the show as a crutch. The children are screwed and the family needs to keep milking the show to support them unless they allow the children to find work.

Essentially, Lewinsky may have to use the scandal to her advantage because people may not let her move on, even though she is intelligent and is skilled (BA and MA in Psychology, government work experience, political experience, business and craftiness with the handbags, experience as a television personality). The Duggars need to move on past the show, and I'm sure people would want them to move on, but they keep referencing it and milking it because the children have no skills.

I never felt sorry for Monica. She was grown up enough to know what was and wasn't right. She made conscious decisions and she earned her way into a very lucrative position through the connections her wealthy parents had and by apparently giving a good blow job a few times. And she saved that dress. Like it was a souvenir. Dumb girl with really good hair. How many girls her age get to fly straight into a White House internship with zero qualifications? I honestly think it's fair she spent some years in hiding since all that happened. You can't tell me she didn't know what she was getting herself into. It's every woman for herself. If she was old enough to be giving blow jobs to the president, she was old enough to take responsibility for it.

I find it hard to compare the Duggars with Lewinsky. Totally different lifestyles. I am no fan of the Duggars, but at least they are married to one another (well, JB and Jchelle). If you read Monica's testimony, it is very detailed and really shows she had no regard for anyone but herself and how she could use sex to get herself into the Pentagon. I can only hope she has matured since then. I can only imagine how much money she might have made off her fame, even though of course legally she wasn't supposed to.

I never felt sorry for Monica. She was grown up enough to know what was and wasn't right. She made conscious decisions and she earned her way into a very lucrative position through the connections her wealthy parents had and by apparently giving a good blow job a few times. And she saved that dress. Like it was a souvenir. Dumb girl with really good hair. How many girls her age get to fly straight into a White House internship with zero qualifications? I honestly think it's fair she spent some years in hiding since all that happened. You can't tell me she didn't know what she was getting herself into. It's every woman for herself. If she was old enough to be giving blow jobs to the president, she was old enough to take responsibility for it.

I find it hard to compare the Duggars with Lewinsky. Totally different lifestyles. I am no fan of the Duggars, but at least they are married to one another (well, JB and Jchelle). If you read Monica's testimony, it is very detailed and really shows she had no regard for anyone but herself and how she could use sex to get herself into the Pentagon. I can only hope she has matured since then. I can only imagine how much money she might have made off her fame, even though of course legally she wasn't supposed to.

Yeah. I pretty much agree. People act like she was some naive virgin whom Bill Clinton took serious advantage of. She was an adult and capable of making adult decisions. Bill was quite wrong to succumb to her flirtations, but she wasn't doing much to prevent what was happening.

I also found it interesting that no one likes to remember that between her leaving the White House internship and then returning that night for the infamous blow job, she was in a relationship with someone else, got pregnant, and had an abortion. I don't judge her for making sexual choices with her body, but it certainly negates a bit of the naive little girl image, plus the whole idea that she thought Clinton was the love of her life.

Edited to say that I really liked her handbags and there were a couple I really wanted if I could afford them. I'm sorry they went out of business :oops:

Well, and the relationship she was in before the president was with another married man, a former teacher of hers, that had gone on for 5 years. I'd never heard she had become pregnant, but I don't condemn her for that or the decision she made if she terminated. She's been out of the spotlight for awhile now, but I did find an HBO documentary on You Tube that I found interesting (and of course, she made money off of it, so somehow she's managed to feed herself all these years).

I am no fan of the Duggars, but at least they are married to one another (well, JB and Jchelle).

So it's okay to beat children, advocate beating children, deny your daughters a future outside of popping out babies, deny your daughters a childhood, deny all your children an education, and campaign to put someone in the Oval Office who wants to take rights away from tons of people- as long as your married? But giving a BJ means you're an evil whore?

I honestly think it's fair she spent some years in hiding since all that happened.

Yeah! Slut shaming is totally fair! And awesome!

I can only imagine how much money she might have made off her fame, even though of course legally she wasn't supposed to.

I may be missing something here but how was she legally not allowed to make money off the fame? You're not allowed to make money off a crime you commit but I don't remember it being a crime to give BJs. Even to a married man.

People act like she was some naive virgin whom Bill Clinton took serious advantage of. She was an adult and capable of making adult decisions. Bill was quite wrong to succumb to her flirtations, but she wasn't doing much to prevent what was happening.

Oh, I like this logic. If she wasn't a naive virgin, she's automatically a whore temptress. Nice.

Lewinsky is educated and trying to support herself in other ways. (Her brief handbag line and getting her Master's degree) I can imagine it can be difficult to get a job without people harassing her about the sex scandal so I don't blame her for trying to twist it to her advantage.

The Duggar parents have skills other than baby making and can probably go back to their previous realtor jobs. People will barely remember 19KaC in a few years so they could stop using the show as a crutch. The children are screwed and the family needs to keep milking the show to support them unless they allow the children to find work.

Essentially, Lewinsky may have to use the scandal to her advantage because people may not let her move on, even though she is intelligent and is skilled (BA and MA in Psychology, government work experience, political experience, business and craftiness with the handbags, experience as a television personality). The Duggars need to move on past the show, and I'm sure people would want them to move on, but they keep referencing it and milking it because the children have no skills.

I agree with this. At least Lewisnky is educated and can support herself in other ways. The J'Slaves are pretty much screwed. They don't have any work experience or a couple of job skills.

Archived