IGNORED

Wanna see Michelle's knees? lol

Whit88

Wow. I hadn't watched the episode before, and I didn't realize they went full censor-bar with it. I figured they just blurred it out a bit, like they do when the super-modest Duggars give birth on national TV :roll: But no...not good enough.

Michelle actually looks a lot more thin and fit in that episode than she normally does. Those frumpers and bulky jackets are not doing her any favors.

Wow. I hadn't watched the episode before, and I didn't realize they went full censor-bar with it. I figured they just blurred it out a bit, like they do when the super-modest Duggars give birth on national TV :roll: But no...not good enough.

The full black bars were so over the top, I figured it may have been TLC's way of winking to the viewers. "Yeah, she really is this nuts".

All the black bars did were make me think they were covering her breasts. Way to get me to focus on your countenance, Michelle...

I don't mean to sound like a feminist but I can't help it....I don't think Michelle & JB realize that by teaching their children to be so afraid of looking at a woman's body, they are unconsciously teaching them that the woman's body is a sexual object of temptation!

When my nephews see a woman in a bathing suit on a magazine cover...I let them know that the body is a completely natural thing...it's the vehicle that we use to experience ourselves and the world....if people choose to see it as sexual then thats their choice.

In some countries that I have been to, its not uncommon to see a woman with her breasts out or breastfeeding a baby in public.

And you know what? I can bet you that if they see a MAN in shorts...they are NOT gonna yell to girls "NIKE"...tsk tsk what a faulty logic!

I thought the black bar was kind of a joke by TLC. At least that's what it sounded like in the context of the show. Who knows though.

Whit88, there is nothing wrong with "sounding like a feminist".

I don't mean to sound like a feminist but I can't help it....I don't think Michelle & JB realize that by teaching their children to be so afraid of looking at a woman's body, they are unconsciously teaching them that the woman's body is a sexual object of temptation!

You know the majority of us here are feminists, right? It's a positive thing, not a negative one.

When my nephews see a woman in a bathing suit on a magazine cover...I let them know that the body is a completely natural thing...

Actually, the body on that magazine cover is probably not very natural at all, after all the photoshopping done to it. But I do get what you're trying to say, that people shouldn't be ashamed of their body.

Archived