IGNORED

How do the Duggars teach their kids about sex?

SpeakNow

I remember when Anna's brother-in-law posted his account of Josh and Anna's wedding on TWoP (about what jerks TLC was) he mentioned that the Lego talk was staged by producers. Though I wouldn't put it past Jim Boob to actually explain sex that way heh.

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://parentables.howstuffworks.com/fa ... pgn=fbtlc1

We talk about how their bodies change and their menstrual cycle, what it's all is about and what it means, and how as time goes on it will get more regular for them. I tell them that they'll feel more at ease with it, but at first it's a new experience.

Yeah, kind of like how you used to chart yours on the calendar in the kitchen? I call bullshit Michelle! No fucking way have you stopped keeping your shit out in the open, having your girls track ovulation cycles etc. They know ALL ABOUT your evening activities.

We also talk about the boy/girl feelings that come along with this season of life and how that is a special time and you want to guard your heart to make sure that you are keeping your affections where they need to be and not giving away parts of your heart by emotionally getting attached to individuals, because your future spouse will be the one who you want to give all of those things to.

Because feelings dont grow back! Guard it!

I also go to the store with the girls and we usually get a makeup bag and fill it with lotion, some pretty perfume, and a little face powder -- just an acknowledgment that they're entering a new season of life. We'll go to the area where we get their feminine products and I explain the different products to them ahead of time.

YAY! Youre becoming a woman! Now start looking purdy like one so teh menz dont look at your boobs!

So it's important that they get a perspective of viewing women not as an object for their pleasure but really realizing that in the future God's going to bring a special one for them that will be their soul mate, the person that they're going to spend the rest of their life with and love. And in the meantime, you treat all women with respect and kindness and don't lead women on. Don't show wrong, inappropriate actions to others who may not be your future spouse.

So you wait for them to get their first hard on to tell them to respect women? AWESOME!

It's about being accountable with dad and with mom, talking openly about the temptations and the struggles that come in this time of life, because we tell them we've been there before:"We were once your age, and we know what it's like to go through that season of life and we want to be there for you, to pray with you and to walk with you through that time."

Accountable with mom and dad but not god? I thought this bs was all about jebus! And fuck that shit, you were never in JD or Jana's shoes you fucking hypocrites!

Somehow, I can picture this happening in the Duggar household :lol:

Edited because I'm never going to figure out how to embed a video

A few times when my girls have been getting ready to go out they've said, "Mama, will you pray for me, because I know I'm going to be around some boys and I just want to keep my heart right. I want to have the right response and to not be flirtatious or not have any wrong motives but to really keep it on a friendship level."

I'll pray for them, and I think that talking about it helps the girls to understand that these feelings are normal, that this is a part of life -- you're not strange!

Your feelings are normal and a part of life. You better pray that they go away.

All I gather from this is that the Duggars don't tell their kids about sex. Just the usual tripe about guarding your feelings because heaven forbid you flirt with someone! This confirms my opinion that Josh's lego comment before his wedding was genuine.

I once saw a leghumper youtube comment from a girl who wished desperately that she'd been brought up in a large family with values like the Duggars'. Never mind the isolation and missed opportunities (seriously, I had huge dreams when I was a pre-teen, how can such a boring life be all this kid wants for herself?), my first reaction was "well I'd rather know where my clitoris is."

J'chelle sounds detached. Her whole speech sounds so clinical. It's the worst one to date. She again has missed the boat in trying to appear like she's a mother to her offspring. Why is she trying so hard to stifle the criticism? She will never learn to just shut her trap, because the truth is out that she isn't much of a mother and the J'slaves are the ones who probably told Joy of the wonders of "the change" when puberty hit. I can see John David telling the J'boys of the changes that they are going through.

How can she even claim she supports the idea that women are not objects, let alone the fact that they don't discuss it until puberty? She doesn't respect women and they are totally objects to her and JB. ETA And what about discussing this with the girls and how they have the right to decide about things like when to have sex. Oh right because that would mean respecting women. :roll:

just add this part N91XsdrBqUY in this

N91XsdrBqUY

Oh, lord, I'd actually forgotten that. I found it so incredibly offensive at the time.

Notice for both the boys and girls, it's all about preserving the wimmen's purity. And while Michelle is quite comfortable talking about menstruation, I doubt the boys are told that masturbation is a natural and normal activity practiced by 99.9% of the non-sexually active young men on the planet. Or that they shouldn't be ashamed of nocturnal emissions or any Nike dreams that may have caused them.

I do have a question about the "different products" Michelle references. What is she talking about, wings or no wings? We know tampons must be taboo.

. I can see John David telling the J'boys of the changes that they are going through.

I can't.

But I can see pompous ass Josh coming over for a visit and giving Jason and the twins smug, inaccurate lectures about what it means to be a Godly, righteous young man.

Oh, lord, I'd actually forgotten that. I found it so incredibly offensive at the time.

Notice for both the boys and girls, it's all about preserving the wimmen's purity. And while Michelle is quite comfortable talking about menstruation, I doubt the boys are told that masturbation is a natural and normal activity practiced by 99.9% of the non-sexually active young men on the planet. Or that they shouldn't be ashamed of nocturnal emissions or any Nike dreams that may have caused them.

I do have a question about the "different products" Michelle references. What is she talking about, wings or no wings? We know tampons must be taboo.

Yep, there's no way the Duggar girls can use tampons. That would require them learning where the opening to their vagina is, and we all know where that leads...

Yep, there's no way the Duggar girls can use tampons. That would require them learning where the opening to their vagina is, and we all know where that leads...

Hard to hide that part but as long as they don't know they have a clitoris then that's the main thing.

These girls all share a room together. They really don't need anyone to tell them about periods. The first time the found out it was someone telling them to go get them a pad.lol As for the boys that is all J-boob. I think a calender in a public place is a good idea, as a child it would have been nice to know what week to avoid Mom. :o

Tampons are banned in most fundy households. I went round and round with my MIL about if my niece should be allowed them because they can break your hymen bla bla bla. They are lucky if they aren't using Cloth pads which are really big on a lot of large family groups. Pads for a large family can get expensive when you have a bunch of teenage girls.

Hard to hide that part but as long as they don't know they have a clitoris then that's the main thing.

I'm sure they each stumbled upon it every now and again. :naughty:

These girls all share a room together. They really don't need anyone to tell them about periods. The first time the found out it was someone telling them to go get them a pad.lol As for the boys that is all J-boob. I think a calender in a public place is a good idea, as a child it would have been nice to know what week to avoid Mom. :o

Tampons are banned in most fundy households. I went round and round with my MIL about if my niece should be allowed them because they can break your hymen bla bla bla. They are lucky if they aren't using Cloth pads which are really big on a lot of large family groups. Pads for a large family can get expensive when you have a bunch of teenage girls.

If they use paper plates instead of reusable ones, you can bet they're using reusable pads, too. And cloth pads would suck for whoever's stuck with the laundry.

All I gather from this is that the Duggars don't tell their kids about sex. Just the usual tripe about guarding your feelings because heaven forbid you flirt with someone! This confirms my opinion that Josh's lego comment before his wedding was genuine.

I once saw a leghumper youtube comment from a girl who wished desperately that she'd been brought up in a large family with values like the Duggars'. Never mind the isolation and missed opportunities (seriously, I had huge dreams when I was a pre-teen, how can such a boring life be all this kid wants for herself?), my first reaction was "well I'd rather know where my clitoris is."

What was the lego comment???

Do you really think they don't know how babies are made until their wedding night? :o

So Juterus doesn't tell the girls that they may have orgasms in their sleep. I wonder what these young women think the first time it happens? Do they have to confess to the MulletMom?

If they use paper plates instead of reusable ones, you can bet they're using reusable pads, too. And cloth pads would suck for whoever's stuck with the laundry.

They may also be using what my grandmother said was used when she was young: a loose net you'd stuff with cotton wool. Then you'd throw away the cotton wool but keep the net and reuse it (after washing, obviously). I guess that would come cheap.

Do you really think they don't know how babies are made until their wedding night? :o

"Sex is like legos" said Boob to his Smug son.

Their parents probably don't tell them anything, but these kids haven't grown up sheltered enough from the world not to have picked up the, pardon the Boobism, basic nuts and bolts of sex.

Skip to about 4:30

8tvkpdpmhdw

They may also be using what my grandmother said was used when she was young: a loose net you'd stuff with cotton wool. Then you'd throw away the cotton wool but keep the net and reuse it (after washing, obviously). I guess that would come cheap.

Fixed my comment. If they're lazy enough to use paper plates, they're definitely not going out of their way to reuse pads.

Skip to about 4:30

8tvkpdpmhdw

THANK YOU!!! It was some priceless 8:52 minutes of my life :lol:

First, I can't believe JB actually tells his son "we need to have the talk about birds and bees" in front of Anna! Surely that's really uncomfortable for all those involved? Couldn't he have just called Josh into the corridor or something?

Second, am i the only one that laughed when they were showing Josh and Anna having a hard time figuring how to insert the candle into the candle-holder (7:40)? Maybe I just have a dirty mind though...

Archived