IGNORED

Amy Duggar and "compromising photos"

breaker

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think to a small extent Famy is probably enjoying this. She is getting some attention. I don't think we will ever know if she ever slept with that guy. Like debrand said, she has never said that she upholds all her of Boob and Mullet's beliefs. Her parents don't uphold all of the beliefs either. They were unmarried when they had Amy and they only got married a few years back.

Lately Famy has been acting like a huge Christian on sites. I do get a bit of slut vibe from Famy. A couple of posters mentioned that when they were friends with her on FB, she was changing boyfriends constantly.

Dizzy-good eye!

I bet Boob, DQ and Sean O. Plus TLC bigwigs are jumping for joy and TLC is seeding the story wherever it can!!!

Fans and some strengers will see the Duggars as innocent victims of a nut and feel sorry for the family who are struggling so hard to follow their hearts and God's special plan for them by supporting Santorum in the aftermath of Jubilee's recent loss.Literally the only way to shape public perception of the Duggars in a + way after the freak shows, weddings, campaigns and new Bates baby...and make money for 1 more season.

Her "album" is about to drop and the show is coming back... they're thrilled that this happened. GMA did 4 minutes on it today and used TLC footage.

I glanced through but didn't see this if its here delete it..... Inside Edition isn't on here until midnight....but the promo is A story about the Duggars something about 19 kids and counting and Amy.. I heard there was something going on but I hadn't seen it on TV yet...waiting for the actual story.

Leave it to Amy to cause problems.Does anyone else feel like we are questing Bill Clinton all over again?

I did not have sexual relatitions with that women.I didn't have sexual relatitions with that man.Is this

A repeat in history.I think the Duggars are using this as an educational tool for their homeschooling. See

kids that is how you remember what Bill said.Either way Amy is an adult and can unzip her pants to anyone

she wants to.She is different from the Duggars.I do think they will play the victim game from this yes and act

as if it is much worse then it really is.Bottom line is Amy is 25 she can do what she wants with whom ever

she wants.

Her "album" is about to drop and the show is coming back... they're thrilled that this happened. GMA did 4 minutes on it today and used TLC footage.

This will hurt Amy's music career to a certain extent. Some might view her as some way trying to sleep her way to success.

I think to a small extent Famy is probably enjoying this. She is getting some attention. I don't think we will ever know if she ever slept with that guy. Like debrand said, she has never said that she upholds all her of Boob and Mullet's beliefs. Her parents don't uphold all of the beliefs either. They were unmarried when they had Amy and they only got married a few years back.

Lately Famy has been acting like a huge Christian on sites. I do get a bit of slut vibe from Famy. A couple of posters mentioned that when they were friends with her on FB, she was changing boyfriends constantly.

A slut vibe?? Are you serious? Would you say the same thing about a guy who changed girlfriends a lot?

• 5 months later...

The lady pleaded guilty to the extortion charge... and of course Amy is talking to a lot of news sources now about the 'ordeal'. :roll:

http://qctimes.com/news/local/crime-and ... 3Q.twitter

Amy Duggar says she has forgiven the Iowa woman who tried to extort money from the company that produces her family’s hit reality show “19 Kids and Counting.â€

The Quad-City Times interviewed the 25-year-old niece of Jim Bob Duggar on Wednesday after Teresa Hunt, 49, a photographer from Bettendorf, pleaded guilty in U.S. District Court, Davenport, to extortion charges.

“I have forgiven her,†Amy Duggar said, calling from her home in Fayetteville, Ark. “As a Christian, you have to. ... I pray she gets the help she needs. She obviously needs some kind of help.â€

Hunt admitted in court Wednesday that she plotted to get Discovery Communications Inc. to cancel the TLC show, which focuses on the experiences of Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar and their 19 children.

Prosecutors said she threatened to release what she claimed were damaging, intimate photos of a cast member with a much older man if Discovery didn’t pay her $10,000.

The FBI uncovered her plot by having an agent pose as a representative of Discovery who called her in January after she mailed the company a typed letter explaining the threat and included her business card, prosecutors said.

Hunt also admitted in court she has taken anti-depressant and anti-anxiety medications for 20 years.

“There’s more than one side to this story,†Hunt said as she left the courthouse. “I wish you would print that.â€

She then declined a request for an interview.

She was arrested Feb. 1 and has since been released on bond. She faces up to two years in prison at her sentencing, set for Nov. 9.

Amy Duggar said she never met Hunt.

“I never knew who she was,†Duggar said. “I never saw her.â€

James Garrett, 56, a Branson, Mo., entertainer, has said he was the target of Hunt’s extortion plot and that Hunt claimed she had photos of him with Amy Duggar.

“I’m glad she’s finally taken responsibility for this,†Garrett said Wednesday.

Garrett previously released three photos, which he described as “totally benign,†he believed were at the center of Hunt’s plot. One shows him with his arm around Duggar in a restaurant in Branson. He added Hunt didn’t shoot the photographs but probably copied them off Facebook.

He also said he had hired Hunt in 2010 to be his promotional photographer.

Duggar said she knows Garrett well, as a friend to the Duggar family and as someone she has performed with many times.

“I’ve never had a romantic feeling for him,†she said. “He’s just a friend, a great Christian guy.â€

Duggar called the whole situation “crazy,†saying she was at first “shocked†by the threat but has since been able to laugh about it.

She has her sights set on a songwriting career and is considering spinning the extortion fiasco into a country song.

“That would be a really great idea,†she said.

Meanwhile, the self-described “wild one†on “19 Kids and Counting†has met a guy from Oklahoma and may consider a move from her native Arkansas, she said. Although she’s excited about taking risks and being adventurous in life, she said she’s still a “small-town girl†at heart.

She explained the “wild one†bit, saying she wears jeans and tank tops, unlike the Duggar women on the show who wear dresses “down to the floor.†Otherwise, she said she’s a Christian and respects the Duggars’ “conservative†views on modesty, family and education, especially home-schooling.

She shared what it’s like being on the set, which is nothing more than the Duggar home and a camera crew.

“Nothing is scripted,†she said. “There’s no lines. The camera follows the family around the house and on trips. You never know what’s going to happen each episode. It’s neat to see my family’s regular life on TV.â€

She said she joined the show a few years ago when it was “17 Kids and Counting.â€

She added she hasn’t ruled out starring in a spin-off reality show, maybe a show about country music.

Amy Duggar hated the publicity that erupted over the extortion case, she said.

“I caught just a glimpse of what a Hollywood movie star gets everyday,†she said.

She’s grateful for the support of Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar over the past several months, and she’s even learned from the ordeal.

“It showed me the world is a big place,†she said. “There are always going to be negative people, people who absolutely hate you for no reason at all. They’re going to hate how you look, how you dress, how you talk. You’ve got to overlook it, smile and move on.â€

and another:

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2 ... eresa-hunt

“I think that justice has been served,†Amy Duggar exclusively told RadarOnline.com.

“It is a sad situation and it didn’t affect me at all,†she said. “I laughed it off completely because there was no truth to the matter. I’m deeply saddened that she is going to have time in prison and I hope to God she gets her heart healed, whatever is hurting her. You can’t get by with things like that trying to extort a huge network.â€

“It’s a humbling situation because your reputation gets slandered. I have nothing to hide, no guilt no shame and there is no truth to what she said. I’ve never met her, I know nothing about her. She was a complete stranger that made allegations against me that were completely false.â€

“I forgive her; I have no hard feelings against her. It is something I can’t help; you have to laugh it off. It’s probably not the first time she’s tried to do this to anyone. I know who I am in Christ, I know who I am as a person.â€

Sentencing is scheduled for November 9, and the charge carries a possible two-year prison term maximum.

I kinda doubt she will get prison time for it, and Amy is clearly loving the attention she is getting from this!

Of course, Amy loves attention. We all know Amy was probably told to say that the show isn't scripted or staged. TLC's reputation was tainted when the Roloffs were caught with a storyline cheat sheet. The TLC shows might not be scripted, but they are staged a lot of times and it is easy to tell. Grandma Mary's "surprise party", Boob's talk to Josh before the wedding, and Jackson's birthday party from the last year are a few examples.

Of course, Amy loves attention. We all know Amy was probably told to say that the show isn't scripted or staged. TLC's reputation was tainted when the Roloffs were caught with a storyline cheat sheet. The TLC shows might not be scripted, but they are staged a lot of times and it is easy to tell. Grandma Mary's "surprise party", Boob's talk to Josh before the wedding, and Jackson's birthday party from the last year are a few examples.

I think in the episode when Jana wore a skirt to do volunteer firefighting, she mentioned that at times things do get scripted, like ideas are suggested to them.

I like Amy, even if she is a bit annoying. Sometimes I wonder if she puts on an act for the cameras to be the loud-mouthed, brash cousin. She seems to have more normalcy in her life than the J'slaves. She has friends who aren't ATI or Gothardites. Her parents also trust her to make her own decisions about her love life, career (ugh, the singing), and friends.

Wow. She is milking this situation for all it's worth. She is loving the attention so much, and even though she says, "I forgive this lady," what's she's really thinking is, 'Thank you, lady, for giving me more attention from the media!"

Oh, Amy, going on like anyone will know who you are in five years. A spinoff? Canceled before the pilot is done airing.

She's such a liar; I doubt we've ever seen a genuine unscripted/staged/reshot scene in the show.

I think we do see some unscripted or non-staged things once in awhile on 19kac. None of the TLC shows are completely real. Some of the stuff on Sister Wives looks staged and a lot of Theresa Caputo's "readings" on Long Island Medium are obviously staged. WIth Long Island Medium, I think some of the non-reading stuff with her family isn't staged. I think with the Roloffs, they had to stage events after awhile because the focus on how little people manage their lives got old with viewers.

I really can't stand Famy, and these instances just prove it, shes a famewhore just like her Cousin Smuggar, no wonder they get along so well... Surprised those too didn't marry y'know... *shudder*

• 4 months later...

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2 ... -sentenced

Hunt, of Bettendorf, Iowa, had pleaded guilty in July to one count of extortion. On Dec. 6, she was sentenced in U.S. District Court in Davenport to one year of supervised release which includes four months of home confinement and a mental health evaluation.

Earlier this year, Garrett showed RadarOnline.comthe alleged racy pictures, which were anything but incriminating to Amy Duggar. "I wanted the word to see the photos so that there would be no question left in anyone's mind about any sort of relationship other than a platonic, working friendship between Amy and I," Garrett told RadarOnline.com. The singer, 56, stars in a John Denver tribute show in Branson.

In her letter to Discovery, Hunt said that reality show stars Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar, "claim to be so Chirstian so they keep popping out more babies to keep their ratings up." The Quad-City Times newpaper reported that Hunt admitted to the judge her actions were senseless and selfish and said in court, "I'm so very sorry for what I did to Amy Duggar."

PHOTOS: Celebs Who Have Done Jail Time

Hunt said anger over a payment dispute with Garrett over professional photography she had done for him led to the extortion attempt.

Amy continues to fame whore. I wonder if the Duggars carry a fame whore gene?

I might be mistaken but her Mom is a Duggar too, but to me it seems that she never wanted much of the spotlight. She's there for some of the family events, but other than that, no. Amy's an opportunist, because it looks like she didn't want to have an education/professional career, nor to be a stay at home mom, just being on easy street as long as it's possible.

Archived