IGNORED

Crystal Paine appears on The 700 Club

I have a family of 3 (with 1 year old child) and our monthly budget is $30/week. Its easy to do if you don't go out to eat, make home cooked dinners and go easy on the meat. It isn't for everyone, but if you have the motivation, its not that hard to do.

You (and Crystal) must live in an area with very low food costs! We don't go out to eat (except for once a month, not included in our grocery budget), don't have meat more than three times a week (unless it's leftover from a previous meal) and only eat home cooked food (no convenience foods except for little packets of curry paste that cost $1.50 and make a meal plus two lunches), don't buy name brands (unless I have coupons) and there is absolutely no way that we could spend $30 a week on food. No offense to you, but it always drives me bonkers when people say that "it's easy" to spend only $30 per week on food when I spend hours a week trying to spend under $100 for our family of two. >.<

You (and Crystal) must live in an area with very low food costs! We don't go out to eat (except for once a month, not included in our grocery budget), don't have meat more than three times a week (unless it's leftover from a previous meal) and only eat home cooked food (no convenience foods except for little packets of curry paste that cost $1.50 and make a meal plus two lunches), don't buy name brands (unless I have coupons) and there is absolutely no way that we could spend $30 a week on food. No offense to you, but it always drives me bonkers when people say that "it's easy" to spend only $30 per week on food when I spend hours a week trying to spend under $100 for our family of two. >.<

I live in an area with very affordable food costs. Fresh fruits and veg cost me $30 a week.

Archived