IGNORED

Couple can't wait three hours after the wedding to have sex

Clementine

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No turkey bacon for you! One year! :snooty:

But...but...I like turkey bacon just fine! It's different is all. I guess I'll just have to stick to the real stuff. :)

I thought sure this was going to be about a couple who were all over each other during a 3-hour reception, LOL!!

It reminded me of my own wedding reception. My TSU & I married late for the times but - not that it was anybody's business - we had been pretty laid back about the sexy. In fact, we'd waited so long and were having such a good time at our reception, that a couple of "the greatest generation" (rolleyes) apparently started really gigging my folks about why we were still at the reception, and Big Daddy got after me.

I said, "Dad, TSU & I have waited this long, what's another hour?!" but knowing how some of his and Big Mama's contemporaries could be, so TSU & I left after a few minutes. It still confounds me that it mattered so much to some of those old farts whether and when, etc.

BTW, bacon + maple in the abstract sounds weird; on the palate it tastes crazy-good!

It reminded me of my own wedding reception. My TSU & I married late for the times but - not that it was anybody's business - we had been pretty laid back about the sexy. In fact, we'd waited so long and were having such a good time at our reception, that a couple of "the greatest generation" (rolleyes) apparently started really gigging my folks about why we were still at the reception, and Big Daddy got after me.

I have always thought the whole leaving the reception early to have sex concept was weird. :? If you are going to spend the time and money planning a wedding and get a bunch of family/friends to come in from out of town, why not stay another hour and hang out with everyone?? I guess at my wedding, being knocked up allowed me to stay the whole time and down an extra slice of cake without any awkward questions.

But...but...I like turkey bacon just fine! It's different is all. I guess I'll just have to stick to the real stuff. :)

The real question is... what are your opinions on beef bacon?!

I guess the leaving early is an american tradition, every wedding I have ever been to the bride and groom have been the last to leave the dance floor. But then, if I had a fundie wedding I would want to get out of there as soon as possible too...no booze, no dancing, what is the fucking point?

No turkey bacon for you! One year! :snooty:

ROFL! I just happened to see the Soup Nazi episode of Seinfeld last night :)

Can I ask if you have teenage children yourself? I do. We have a very open household, and discussed anything that needed discussing when the children were small. We still do discuss quite a lot. It does appear, however, that no matter how open your marriage, no matter how sensible and logical the discussios have been, no matter how well informed your children are - and believe me, mine are - some sort of inhibition appears to arise when they reach the age, not necessarily of early puberty, but of experiencing sexual feelings themselves. I've always assumed it's an inbuilt prohibition that says 'Parents are sexually off limits' (to avoid genetic issues) and reinforces that by ensuring that most teenagers do not want to discuss parental sexuality. Interestingly, (in my admittedly somewhat limited experience) the teenagers do come out the other side of this embarassment - but only if their privacy and reticence is respected, I think.

I have a teenage son and starting a year or two ago, he began pausing the tv if I would walk through the living room. He wasn't watching anything rated R, but he was watching Disney and other shows developed for the teen market. If the story line even involved a boy and girl holding hands, or sharing a kiss, he would be embarrassed for me to see him watching this.

Now it's worse, because if I even say a man is attractive, he gets extremely embarrassed and uncomfortable. Apparently, the thought that his mom might find a man desirable grosses him out. I can only imagine if I posted info on my periods up on the fridge! He would be mortified and rip that right down.

What blog was it that the woman was so glad that her daughter didn't know what the married couple was doing in the "prayer room" after the wedding ceremony and while everyone else had to endure a sermon?

Ok, I'll troll this thread. I just don't get what the big deal is about bacon. I mean, I like it well enough but I don't understand why it's so much sexier than all other meats. Why is it A Thing now? Between the OMG BACON! and the zombie apocalypse obsession, I am just really confused.

Also, sweet and savory should never mix.

BananaCat, if you are serious, I love you. If not, well... I guess I'm alone in my bacon-is-just-alright views. Honestly, when added to anything, bacon overpowers the taste of whatever it's added to and all I taste is bacon. I just don't get the whole "I LOVE BACON!!" unless you are a dog or a cat, then I totally get it.

I second the notion that sweet and savory should never, ever mix.

Agreed. It's creepy how they are supposed to 'guard' their daughter's virginity with purity rings. Providing comprehensive sex ed is one thing but they are hyper aware of their children's sexuality.

Snarkbillie, I don't like the thought of discussing sex with my parents because they gave birth to me. They raised me from a baby and I don't think either of them wants to think about their little girl having sex, and I don't want to think about them having sex. I mean, I'm happy that they love each other and have a healthy relationship but I don't want to think about the physical aspect. As for the why, I'm no psychologist but I know them as the people who raised me. I don't think of them as two adults, if that makes sense - not in the same way as if they were friends. I can recognise that they have their own life outside being my parents and know as them as friends as well as that, but it creeps me out to think of them having sex. Does that make sense?

I know my parents still think of me in a way as a child, they intellectually know I am a 30 year old married women with a degree a job and a mortgage but in their eyes I will always be their little girl and don't want to think about me having sex. I know she go squicked out when I told her based on the due date my niece was probably convinced on valentines day.

What blog was it that the woman was so glad that her daughter didn't know what the married couple was doing in the "prayer room" after the wedding ceremony and while everyone else had to endure a sermon?

REALLY?! During the wedding, while people were still there? My brain is reeling...

The real question is... what are your opinions on beef bacon?!

I've never heard of it. Assuming I'm not being whooshed, it sounds...intriguing. I'm not really much of a carnivore, but I do love bacon. And not just because of silly internet memes.

I can't believe I missed the Seinfeld reference. *whacks self* I never watched it but of course everybody knows about the Soup Nazi. Oy.

REALLY?! During the wedding, while people were still there? My brain is reeling...

I can't remember the whole story, but the blog post was about her helping with a wedding and her young daughter helping her fix up a room in the church for the couple to go to after the ceremony and while the rest of the folks had to sit through a sermon. The point of the post was to talk about how her daughter was so innocent that she just thought the couple was going to pray. She got all huffy when people asked what the couple was really doing that her daughter had to be innocent about it. :lol:

Archived