IGNORED

Maxwell July 4th post

YPestis

I find it interesting that Steve is writing more & more in the blog (posts & comments). He rarely used to post.

He wants more control, of course. He probably doesn't want Sarah reading all the negative comments they get. Maybe he wants her to focus on "advanced homemaking" instead. Now that the last Moody book is done and the $$$ is rolling in, she can get married now.

Steve said in a reply to the Memorial Day post that as of now the Lord hadn't called any of his sons to be in the military. I don't think they'd ever go in because ::gasp:: women might be placed in authority over those poor wittle boys and freak them out.

AHAHAHAHA ANNNNND they could not get a sister to talk to the woman to know what she's asking him to do or why he does not understand what to do :P

I wonder if something's wrong in Maxwell Land? I mean, beyond the usual/obvious. They used to put up new blog posts almost every day, with lots of pictures of the "children" looking extremely happy as they fixed the bus or cleaned the house or sewed new jumpers. Now the posts are fewer and farther between, without so many photos. We are also seeing less of the grandchildren.

I'm with you. I think there is something rotten in state of Maxwellvania. There use to be nearly daily updates on the blog, written by Sarah. Now there are about 2 or maybe 3 a week, and many are written by Steve. Even, the 4th of July post, which was written by Sarah was just weird and did not seem to be in her style at all. I have the feeling something is going on, but what I don't know. I have kind of felt this way when all of a sudden the girls went from fumpers to normal cloths, with no explanation. Maybe there is strife in the family, maybe its the negative comments, maybe their home businesses are not going so well whose knows, but by Spidey sence says something is up.

Hmmm, maybe we can sense something from this month's corner...I haven't read them yet. Hopefully Teri isn't still going on about Holly Homemaker...

Maybe Teri's depression has re-emerged? We haven't heard anything about Teri lately

ooh, I know maybe they are finding Christopher's victims in the walls and under the basement and are freaking out. :D

It's funny that a girl who is not allowed to choose the color of her underwear or what time she says her morning prayers is waxing poetic about freedom.

Maybe she'll tell us next about how to give birth naturally or how it feels to be Jewish.

I happen to think that maaaayyyybe there's a courtship in the works between Sarah and a military guy. Lots of fundie military types around outside of the immediate Maxwell crowd. Sarah's recent posts are an effort to configure herself as a military wife; supportive, sweet, grateful, submissive, sweet, and, well, not his intellectual superior.

I've got my fingers crossed for Sarah that she's met a hot godly officer.

The post right before their July 4th post talks about their blog being infiltrated with alot of SPAM and negative comments and that is causing increased time being spent on moderation. According to one of their commenters, the SPAM is the direct result of Satan trying to prevent them from doing God's work. Who knew that Satan was responsible for SPAM? I didn't. I just wonder if they are posting less because they are receiving more comments questioning their beliefs.

Respectfully, I am a military officer's wife and a military man (even if he is a hard core fundy) would have to be a bit worldly to be able to function. Sometimes, you are exposed to people who drink, smoke, curse, and dance and OMG your superior might me a female. You would have to speak with and deal with females daily, and these Maxwell men won't even talk to a female for business on the phone! I know several devout military families, and you have to act somewhat mainstream. A military man would be away at times and she would have to handle "men" chores while he was away. She might have to call GASP! a man! to fix something in her house!

Sarah Maxwell would never survive as a military spouse, EVER

Didn't the older daughter on that purity ball special marry a military man? Perhaps the Maxwells are no longer able go be too picky?

Yes, you are right, but the Maxwells would never participate in a purity ball, IMO. There would be dancing and other people who may not be a fundy as you. These are the people who won't speak to family who don't share their crazy beliefs.

I can't see Steve allowing a military man to court his precious, beautiful Sarah. A military man would have been exposed to too many worldly things, and being a military wife would force Sarah to be exposed to things other than bible time, Uriah, and sewing frumpers.

Archived