IGNORED

The Incredible Shrinking Michelle Duggar

ladypuglover

Does it annoy anyone else that JB's suit jacket is buttoned up wrong in those old walking in a line photos? God that's sloppy for a political candidate.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OT, but I can't fathom all the icky sticky that comes along with all that spray and hair gel. I remember one episode where one of the girls just LATHERED it on one of the littler boys heads...

I saw a clip recently where a girl said when they go to an event they go through bottles of hair spray just for that day. She said Boob used a whole can himself which I found hilarious. isn't hair spray considered bad for pregnant women to use and linked to some birth defects like hypospadias? I hope they keep Michelle and Anna away from it!

Just to clarify, if I remember my bone development and calcium metabolism correctly, pregnancy is actually one of your only chances, beyond adolescence, to add bone density.

(Weight bearing exercise maintains bone density, but I am referring to actually adding bone). That of course occurs, as in childhood/adolescence, only if you are eating enough calcium.

And later, if you don't increase the amount of calcium you eat even further while breastfeeding, breastfeeding will leach all that added calcium out of your bones and then some.

There are loads of other risk factors of having had that many pregnancies, and admittedly it would be really hard to keep up with the amount of calcium needed. Also, from the looks of it, Michelle's diet is crap and she doesn't seem to get a lot of weight-bearing exercise. But the pregnancies themselves wouldn't be the cause of osteoporosis.

And all y'all pregnant ladies out there, eat lots of ice cream.

[/soapbox]

I found this article on pregnancy, breastfeeding and bone health http://www.niams.nih.gov/Health_info/bo ... efault.asp Pretty clear why Michelle might have issues.

I get very frustrated with the emphasis on calcium. I know the research is fairly new but most people aren't actually deficient in calcium (and too much of it can cause problems), they're deficient in magnesium and vitamin K, without which the calcium you ingest can't do anything for your bones, it just stays in your blood. And of course vitamin D also comes into play with magnesium and vitamin K, all of which most people don't get nearly enough of. http://www.jigsawhealth.com/resources/c ... supplement http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11706280

I'm actually very surprised none of the Duggar kids have rickets. It's getting more and more common, especially in children born to mothers who are vitamin D deficient. There've been several stories recently of kids removed for "abuse" who actually had congenital rickets. Hardly surprising, the current recommendations are useless. There's several groups trying to get the minimums for pregnant and nursing women changed to 4000-6000IU/day and blood levels over 50 ng/ml

I was checking out TWOP earlier and posters there discussed a pic of Michelle on Sean Overbeeke's instagram and they made the comment looks she has bad posture which is a sign of osteoporsis. It reminded me of this thread.

http://web.stagram.com/p/202300711137812815_27457919

I think Michelle is looking a bit frail these days.

This picture is the first time I felt scared for Michelle. I hope she has sought some medical advice. I always wonder does she just visit the dr when she is pregnant? I remember when the dr advised her to get her gallbladder out she seemed hesitant and wanted to make sure it was absolutely necessary. I know when I had my gallbladder out I was feeling so bad that I just wanted it out. Does Mr. Gothard have rules about when you should seek medical treatment. I know he encourages homebirth but what are the views about preventative rountine care?

This picture is the first time I felt scared for Michelle. I hope she has sought some medical advice. I always wonder does she just visit the dr when she is pregnant? I remember when the dr advised her to get her gallbladder out she seemed hesitant and wanted to make sure it was absolutely necessary. I know when I had my gallbladder out I was feeling so bad that I just wanted it out. Does Mr. Gothard have rules about when you should seek medical treatment. I know he encourages homebirth but what are the views about preventative rountine care?

I don't know what Gothard thinks about preventative care, but she looks tiny in that picture. She is somewhat slumped over. If she isn't seeking medical advice, she probably should be.

I don't know what Gothard thinks about preventative care, but she looks tiny in that picture. She is somewhat slumped over. If she isn't seeking medical advice, she probably should be.

J'chelle looks like she has the beginning of a dowager's hump in that picture. I associate those with my grandmother when she was in her 70s.

edited for riffle

Osteoporosis is a real disease that can be treated by medical Drs. I know you oppose science Jchelle, but consider your family. No one wants to be moving you in and out of a wheel chair in two years. Besides, if your Osteoporosis is severe enough it may limit the boot knocking you and Jboob enjoy so much.

I am effing dying and this made my night.

I am effing dying and this made my night.

Once I found I couldn't be banned, well the ebil exp. took over. Some days there is little I can do to control the beast within me.

Once I found I couldn't be banned, well the ebil exp. took over. Some days there is little I can do to control the beast within me.

If this is what you come up with, I think you should unleash the beast permanently - this is great! :clap:

I think that she is depressed after the whole miscarriage thing, plus being told that if she gets pregnant again that she might die. I have seen it in women who have had a number of miscarriages and are told that they can never carry a child, depression takes over and their health goes down the tube. If you believe that your only worth in life is to breed it is a hard thing to take. I had a patient committ suicide after the third miscarriage and told that it was highly unlikely that she could carry to term. It was very sad.

Archived