IGNORED

The Incredible Shrinking Michelle Duggar

ladypuglover

Yeah, I was going to say, she's probably wearing whore-shoes in those pictures (i.e. heels). Because weren't they more normal back then? I thought it was after the miscarriage of their second (?) baby when she was on the whore-pills (i.e. birth control) that they changed their whore ways.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, I was going to say, she's probably wearing whore-shoes in those pictures (i.e. heels). Because weren't they more normal back then? I thought it was after the miscarriage of their second (?) baby when she was on the whore-pills (i.e. birth control) that they changed their whore ways.

What a whorible thing to say... :lol:

The title of this thread made the famous 1957 film come to mind, of course.

And so (spoiler-ed in case anyone is arachnophobic):

6827222525_6851f4378d.jpg

I can't imagine Michelle being this introspective:

Bp3iHjGBfT4

First off, I'm Irish and my sister and brother are Irish twins. My entire extended Irish family, the kind of people who put on an annual St. Patrick's Day parade, and display celtic crosses around their houses, refer to the two of them very fondly as Irish twins.

As for the gypped term, I didn't even know it had anything to do with Gypsies. In fact, I always spelled it "jipped" Oops!

And back to the main point, I actually feel very bad for Michelle. She obviously seems like she's in terrible health for someone her age. My mother is only a couple years older and wakes up every morning and runs 5 miles, even after 4 kids! Although she's naturally at fault for having so many children and probably not properly keeping up with her body, I'm sure that everyone around her, including Jim Boob, is continuing to encourage her to have more children. I'm sure her doctors have brought it up, but when you have a group of people around you saying that you're doing the Lord's work and He will protect you, I'm sure she's very conflicted.

As much as I don't agree with the way they are raising their children, I'm sure that these children are much better off with a healthy mother in their lives. I really hope that she begins to turn her health around for the sake of her children.

Michelle uses a 'christian' medical practice for her pregnancy care. I wonder if these doctors have ever advised her that poorly spaced sequential pregnancies are risky?Or can they just parrot the QF message regardless of medical ethics?

Well I know that her secular doctors advised her of such, so if she's jumped ship to "Christian medical practices" I would guess that means she shopped around until she found doctors who would tell her what she wanted to hear.

Well I know that her secular doctors advised her as such, so if she's jumped ship to "Christian medical practices" I would guess that means she shopped around until she found doctors who would tell her what she wanted to hear.

They showed that on tv? Do you recall which episode?

Kelly Bates goes to the Christian OBGYN (for free of course). In the first show about them, when she was pregnant with Jackson, it mentions that they had to look for a new doctor that would take on such a high-risk patient.

Kelly Bates goes to the Christian OBGYN (for free of course). In the first show about them, when she was pregnant with Jackson, it mentions that they had to look for a new doctor that would take on such a high-risk patient.

Yea I'm still trying to track down where Jchelles Drs. advised her about her pregnancy risks.

After Jackson, Michelle found Sarver, who was willing to do VBACs with her, but was pretty emphatic that she'd made Michelle fully aware of the risks.

Anna was using Sarver as well; she was on "vacation" (more like unwilling to deliver on camera) when Mack came early, bringing in the fundie doula (Teresa Fedosky of cervix softening fame) for both home deliveries.

After Jackson, Michelle found Sarver, who was willing to do VBACs with her, but was pretty emphatic that she'd made Michelle fully aware of the risks.

Anna was using Sarver as well; she was on "vacation" (more like unwilling to deliver on camera) when Mack came early, bringing in the fundie doula (Teresa Fedosky of cervix softening fame) for both home deliveries.

Was this in a show?

Again I'm grateful to you for more than just a bacon bra :D

Yeah, the interview with Dr. Sarver (a woman) was either on the special when Johannah was born or very early in the series run. At any rate, they had to doctor shop after Jackson (a c-section, IIRC), then and I think Sarver has since dropped the Duggars b/c they haven't shown Michelle with any MD's for quite some time, just the clinics.

And I love ya back! :happy-jumpeveryone::happy-jumpeveryone:

Comparing pics from circa kid #15 to pics six months ago, she doesn't seem to have shrunk...shrinked? much, if at all. But that screenshot from the wedding is quite dramatic. Anyone have any other really recent shots?

I want to apologize for derailing the thread, but after I had a talk with a friend I get it some. I was raised with my Grandmother, who taught me a lot about "Irish Oppression", while she was not politically active, I was raised being reminded that as late as the 60's Kennedy was considered a risky choice because of being Irish Catholic (and all the drunk jokes, true or not about his family). My sister and I are days off of being "Irish Twins", like if my sister wasn't late we wold fit the definition. My Grandmother would have a fit if any one said that term to her face, so I was raised seeing it as inapppropriate, which effects my view heavily.

I am reminded of my Poli Sci class, because groups like the Irish-Americans and even Italian-Americans are so established in American culture these days, we feel it is no longer bad, as a culture to use stereotypes we would feel more uncomfortable doing to groups that are still more marginalised. I mean no one seems to think twice of using Irish Twins, Drunken Irish, Paddy Wagon, Guido, Mob Wife, or other terms or stereotypes for these groups. But you would never use or think, Fried Chicken, Watermelon Eater, Beaner, Wetback, Mexican Twins, as exceptable for example. This got a very good conversation going here, I must say, though not all of us agreed (at my house or on this thread).

As to Michelle, I wonder if some one is right, that she is having some internal issues causing her to double over that are creating a look of dramatic height change. I mean she looks off, this Juiblee thing looks like it wasn't as simple as easy as maybe they would have us believe, though I do agree, she probably has swiss cheese bones too.

Just to clarify, if I remember my bone development and calcium metabolism correctly, pregnancy is actually one of your only chances, beyond adolescence, to add bone density.

(Weight bearing exercise maintains bone density, but I am referring to actually adding bone). That of course occurs, as in childhood/adolescence, only if you are eating enough calcium.

And later, if you don't increase the amount of calcium you eat even further while breastfeeding, breastfeeding will leach all that added calcium out of your bones and then some.

There are loads of other risk factors of having had that many pregnancies, and admittedly it would be really hard to keep up with the amount of calcium needed. Also, from the looks of it, Michelle's diet is crap and she doesn't seem to get a lot of weight-bearing exercise. But the pregnancies themselves wouldn't be the cause of osteoporosis.

And all y'all pregnant ladies out there, eat lots of ice cream.

[/soapbox]

FWIW the wedding height could be attributable to high heels, which she probably had not prohibited herself from wearing at that point in her life. She might just be tired after the surgery and with all the traveling - and look, she was expected to hold that baby herself for a few minutes, who can blame her for stooping? (I'm sorry to be sarcastic around a mom who's recently miscarried, but I have less than no regard for Michelle. I have a cousin who had 5 sons by 4 fathers in 6 years and was more involved with the boys than Michelle seems to be with her own -- and guess who got vilified for filling [a number of] quivers???? :naughty: )

I thnk that the smaller height difference between JB and Michelle can be axplained that JB wasnt finished growing yet he was a late blooner(I had a brother like that grew 6 inches in one summer) but also in the PK wedding she is holding Josie on her hip so is probably standing off center plus hse has a bad back which may account for loss of height in increased swayback.

Yup that does happen.

A former coworker is Filipina, but born here, I think. Anyway, when her parents were growing up in the PI, they were poor - at least her mom was, I believe. Growing up, her mom drank coffee instead of milk because they were poor. Her mom has osteoporosis, and she only had 3 kids.

What about JB's and Jichelle's wedding picture. Was there a huge discrepancy in height at that time?

Michelle's mum died too young to tell but there could be a family history of the condition. My grandmother has it and she only had three kids, they weren't too well off but she certainly didn't go hungry.

I know this is off-topic but now I just can't stop thinking about it :think:

my friend had a daughter, then a year later she had twins. Does she now have Irish triplets?

Was it exactly a year? Generally Irish twins refers to siblings separated by less than a year. My Irish twin cousins are 10 months apart. My brother and I are 14 months apart, thus we are not Irish twins. I'm Irish and the term isn't at all insulting to me or my Irish family.

And another brother was born in the caul which according to Irish folklore means he has the gift of prophecy. He was born totally enclosed in the caul (amniotic sac), in the car. He claims to have the gift of prophecy.

Was it exactly a year? Generally Irish twins refers to siblings separated by less than a year. My Irish twin cousins are 10 months apart. My brother and I are 14 months apart, thus we are not Irish twins. I'm Irish and the term isn't at all insulting to me or my Irish family.

And another brother was born in the caul which according to Irish folklore means he has the gift of prophecy. He was born totally enclosed in the caul (amniotic sac), in the car. He claims to have the gift of prophecy.

Irish twins and triplets link

http://multiples.about.com/od/glossary/g/irishtwins.htm

• 4 months later...

She does look haggard for her age...structure shrinking. I wonder how she looks outside of TLC makeup artists. Also, Boob clearly had some rebel attitude about hair. He's letting it fly free with no aquanet.

OT, but I can't fathom all the icky sticky that comes along with all that spray and hair gel. I remember one episode where one of the girls just LATHERED it on one of the littler boys heads...

Archived