IGNORED

The Incredible Shrinking Michelle Duggar

ladypuglover

Even if she never has another pregnancy, I don't see how she can live to be an old lady; all of her health complications from 20+ pregnancies have absolutely destroyed her health. Sad.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can personally attest that exclusive breastfeeding does NOT always mean that your cycles do not return, or that you won't get pregnant. I always got period back within a couple of months of giving birth .. and got pregnant when one baby was 5 months .. despite exclusive, on-demand breastfeeding. It might not be that common .. but it certainly happens.

Oh i know its not reliable. But jchelle hands over the baby to a buddy at 6 months and next thing shes pregnant again. I think the handover is wheb breastfeeding stops. 6 months is the bare minimum women are advised to BF. Thats why i say theres nothing natural about jchelle conciving. She knows what she is doing.

Edit: apologies for typos, i have dyslexic fingers when typing on my pad.

I would think at this point even if she is firmly against any artificial birth control she would at least give natural family planning a shot. At her age it wouldn't be very reliable ... but at least it would give her body a chance to heal a little bit. Even if she does think she wants one last kid --- waiting a year at least after the last late loss would greatly improve her chances (of course at 45, a year might knock out her last eggs ). Are they allowed to do sexual alternatives that don't include baby-making ?

I was looking for a wedding photo of JB&M on their wedding day in 1984, but can't find it. She's not that much shorter than Boob in that one.

I do drink coffee and not milk but I make up for that with yogurt and cheese and supplements. And I'm not putting anything like as much of a strain on my body as she is. Never mind what she ingests; I don't think she could possibly keep up, at this point.

A woman her age just shouldn't look so worn, not in this day and age.

v9FS4.png

Cap from one of Canadian Hippie's videos.

Even with the hair she's shorter then Joy (?) now.

Poor Hannie...That white dress is horrible. Was she being punished?

About the 'natural' thing: many of the cultures that traditionally use extended, exclusive breastfeeding on demand as birth control also have strong taboos about marital sex during a baby's infancy, often for a minimum of two years or more. There's some evidence that there is a huge range in norms and expectation of sexual frequency across cultures.

I agree J'chelle looks pretty bad despite her attempts to "keep sweet" post Jubilee...

Devil's advocate here; Is it possible that the group is standing in an area of steps or risers such that Michelle looks shorter than she is?

I doubt it but do wonder since steps are often using when photographing large groups and weddings...

I agree J'chelle looks pretty bad despite her attempts to "keep sweet" post Jubilee...

Devil's advocate here; Is it possible that the group is standing in an area of steps or risers such that Michelle looks shorter than she is?

I doubt it but do wonder since steps are often using when photographing large groups and weddings...

Nope, check out Jessa's feet at mid-left. None of the back row are standing on anything.

Devil's Advocate of my own: can anyone see Jana? I can clearly make out (R-L) Joy, Jinger, Jill and Jessa, but the girl on the far left doesn't look at all like Jana, she seems too tall and her hair is straight. Is it Amy?

Poor Hannie...That white dress is horrible. Was she being punished?

She was one of the flower girls at Priscilla's wedding.

A thing that makes it hard to know for sure (I just did a google images search) is some of the formal portraits surely have J'ichelle standing on a little riser or block to bring her more to Boob's height. It's standard even in the lower-cost studios.

So to really know, you want group photos that are more casual/candid or ones where you can see her feet. I haven't found any from their early marriage yet. She's shrunk for sure - but the questions is how much?

It sure does. That is why I have Irish twins. My last period was Feb 4 1989 with my first born and I got pg with my 2nd before I ever had another period, so when asked I had to use the first born's LMC. Also I was only breast feeding when I got pg and #1 son was 3 months old. I had to fight with the army docs who said it was impossible to get pregnant while breast feeding. :shock: Uh, yeah, that is why I personally know 50 (give or take) sets of Irish twins. :roll:

I am going to say it, I hate this term, it's pretty racist, and I am shocked how many people use it, especially on Mom boards. It is pretty derogatory, it makes me rather uncomfortable when people use the term.

Replying w/o reading the entire thread so this may already have been debunked. I adore coffee and the latest I've heard is not that there is any leaching of calcium, but that folks who drink coffee usually don't drink milk. Guilty as charged -- thus my devotion to calcium supplements.

Caffeine does slow the absorption of iron.

WHERE IS JANA?????

L-R we have Amy(?) Jessa, Jill, Jinger and Joy, I think. Even if the girl on the left isn't Amy, she's as tall as the other girls with straight dark hair so she certainly isn't Jana.

WHERE IS JANA?????

L-R we have Amy(?) Jessa, Jill, Jinger and Joy, I think. Even if the girl on the left isn't Amy, she's as tall as the other girls with straight dark hair so she certainly isn't Jana.

That's Jana. Maybe heels? She was a bridesmaid later, and it was much more obvious it was her.

Also, in regards to my previous post. Looks like they inflated their numbers a bit. duggar+family.jpg

It kind of looks like there is a stool or bench directly behind Michelle and she looks like she is sort of halfway standing up...maybe the shot was taken while she was going from sitting to standing ?

I'm wondering if she had some sort of procedure done or an infection or maybe didn't heal well following the loss of the baby ... the last couple of pictures that were posted it looks like she has the "c-section hunch" that follow abdominal surgery/pain.

Random speculation of course

I'm also one who drinks coffee, and I make up for not drinking milk by eating cheese and other dairy products, plus sometimes I have a mocha as a treat. The other thing I do is get regular exercise which includes weight training, plus I haven't had any pregnancies.

I am going to say it, I hate this term, it's pretty racist, and I am shocked how many people use it, especially on Mom boards. It is pretty derogatory, it makes me rather uncomfortable when people use the term.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend anyone. But I will say that being Irish decent myself and of the 20 odd folks I know who are first generation/ second generation Irish don't seem to have any issues with it. Infact the first time I ever heard it used was by a lady who was a doctor to my oldest two and she was born, raised and educated in Ireland.

Do you have another term you would like people to use?

Yup, I can picture Michelle being that way.

I recall her saying she takes multi-vitimins and extra calcium, in addition to her ubiquitous string cheese. Like those nasty Weight Watchers patties, she's probably the only one who actually TAKES vitamins. It's all about pampered Queen Mother of the Year Michelle, who does nothing all the time. :roll:

Yup, I can picture Michelle being that way.

I don't know, the Duggars have some level of trust for modern medicine. I think if Michelle was told she would be more likely to get pregnant if she took vitamins or calcium she'd follow that advice.

We've discussed the whole Irish twin thing before, most people don't have an issue with it. First of all it kind of can't be "racist." It was originally intended as derogatory, sure, but I doubt it's been used/intended as derogatory for at least 50 years. It's also kind of a complicated insult because it has more to do with the Catholic aspect.

Now, recently I heard the same general concept referred to as "Mexican twins." That, in my opinion, is obviously *intended* to be derogatory, and does specifically refer to an ethnicity. To me, there *is* a difference. But using Irish twins is about the same as saying you were "gypped" as an insult to gypsies, or an American using the term "welsh on a deal" as an insult to people from Wales.

I don't know, the Duggars have some level of trust for modern medicine. I think if Michelle was told she would be more likely to get pregnant if she took vitamins or calcium she'd follow that advice.

My thinking on Michelle taking vitamins was this:

Whenever there has been criticism on Michelle, then there's a subsequent episode or remark made in a book. Take for instance their eating too much processed food. Michelle then discusses eating healthy in their latest book. Take how Michelle wasn't being shown homeschooling. There was an episode later dedicated to homeschooling. IMO, she is stating that she takes vitamins, because she may have been addressing someone's criticisms. She only makes such statements to keep her (in her own eyes) in good standing with the public.

Archived