IGNORED

The Incredible Shrinking Michelle Duggar

ladypuglover

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She doesn't wear heels- only crocs or some black flats. Her feet are probably screwed up from all those pregnancies too- mine stayed 1/2 a size bigger after only 3 kids, so I can only imagine how bad hers are. Plus she has back issues so heels are probably torture for her.

She drinks lots of coffee- I have heard excessive caffeine intake leaches the calcium out of the bones...

I think the miscarriage really did a number on her. She looks broken, and the "keeping sweet" expression is much more forced.

Isn't the "keeping sweet" an FLDS saying? I've never heard any Fundies use that term. :?:

The group candid in Josh's instagram has a really forced 'keep sweet' look. I think she's realizing that this is the end of her glory. I almost feel sorry for her. Almost. :|

Oooo, do you have a link to that?

Isn't the "keeping sweet" an FLDS saying? I've never heard any Fundies use that term. :?:

Although fundies might not use the term, "Keep Sweet," there are fundamentalist writings that urge the believer to show joy as proof of their salvation.

She doesn't wear heels- only crocs or some black flats. Her feet are probably screwed up from all those pregnancies too- mine stayed 1/2 a size bigger after only 3 kids, so I can only imagine how bad hers are. Plus she has back issues so heels are probably torture for her.

She drinks lots of coffee- I have heard excessive caffeine intake leaches the calcium out of the bones...

Yup that does happen.

I can personally attest that exclusive breastfeeding does NOT always mean that your cycles do not return, or that you won't get pregnant. I always got period back within a couple of months of giving birth .. and got pregnant when one baby was 5 months .. despite exclusive, on-demand breastfeeding. It might not be that common .. but it certainly happens.

I can personally attest that exclusive breastfeeding does NOT always mean that your cycles do not return, or that you won't get pregnant. I always got period back within a couple of months of giving birth .. and got pregnant when one baby was 5 months .. despite exclusive, on-demand breastfeeding. It might not be that common .. but it certainly happens.

It sure does. That is why I have Irish twins. My last period was Feb 4 1989 with my first born and I got pg with my 2nd before I ever had another period, so when asked I had to use the first born's LMC. Also I was only breast feeding when I got pg and #1 son was 3 months old. I had to fight with the army docs who said it was impossible to get pregnant while breast feeding. :shock: Uh, yeah, that is why I personally know 50 (give or take) sets of Irish twins. :roll:

Irish twins

I'd never heard that expression before. My DDs father and his bro. are Irish twins and my MIL at the time was adamant that we use BC while I was nursing. But I had him cut before my C section was healed :lol:

I think the natural thing is a red herring. I don't care how natural or unnatural Michelle is being with her reproduction. It's unhealthy and we have modern knowledge to tell us that and we have modern technology to prevent it from happening.

I think the natural thing is a red herring. I don't care how natural or unnatural Michelle is being with her reproduction. It's unhealthy and we have modern knowledge to tell us that and we have modern technology to prevent it from happening.

Syphilis is natural too.

The picture of Michelle in the blue shirt, she looks incredibly unhealthy. Maybe it's just me, but it almost looks like she's hanging onto JB to hold herself up. Her family and TLC should be staging an intervention right now, not allowing her to continue this cycle of dangerous, high-risk pregnancies and miscarriages and very premature births. I cannot believe they're continuing filming.

I usually don't feel sorry for Michelle- or anyone else who makes the kind of decisions she does- but there is something seriously wrong, healthwise, with this woman. Someone ought to care enough to get her some help.

Guest Anonymous

Michelle does look frail to me. If she does have osteoporosis I hope she takes it seriously and is very careful. My mom has it and must be careful when holding her younger grandchildren because she could break her wrists while hoisting them up and down. Maybe that's why we hardly ever see Michelle holding her younger children. Really any kind of fall could break a bone for her.

I doubt Michelle will even consider that she may have osteoporosis, since God is supposed to take care of her and not let things like that bother her. She has the mentality of invincibility. She is very lucky to have not broken a bone or lost any teeth. I doubt she would even consider taking extra calcium tablets or multivitamins, even if a doctor recommended them.

Michelle does look frail to me. If she does have osteoporosis I hope she takes it seriously and is very careful. My mom has it and must be careful when holding her younger grandchildren because she could break her wrists while hoisting them up and down. Maybe that's why we hardly ever see Michelle holding her younger children. Really any kind of fall could break a bone for her.

Or even worse, JB could hurt J'chelle during breeding. I'm sure her hips have to be at the breaking point.

Replying w/o reading the entire thread so this may already have been debunked. I adore coffee and the latest I've heard is not that there is any leaching of calcium, but that folks who drink coffee usually don't drink milk. Guilty as charged -- thus my devotion to calcium supplements.

I doubt Michelle will even consider that she may have osteoporosis, since God is supposed to take care of her and not let things like that bother her. She has the mentality of invincibility. She is very lucky to have not broken a bone or lost any teeth. I doubt she would even consider taking extra calcium tablets or multivitamins, even if a doctor recommended them.

Yup, I can picture Michelle being that way.

My mother had five live births and a couple of miscarriages.

Several years ago I went to see her long time dentist for a second opinion about some recommended oral surgery, and after asking me how she was doing, he said, "Each pregnancy takes such a toll on a woman physically, it infuriates me that doctors don't explain this to women."

I can only imagine what 19 pregnancies and 17 deliveries has done to Michelle's health.

And should she sadly pass away while Dim Bob can still get it up, there is little doubt he'd find some young thang to give him 8 or 10 more.

I'd love to tell you to wake the fuck up, Michelle, but it's probably too late for that.

Michelle looks like Old mother hubbard with her boxy clothes and clunky looking shoes. Not the picture of "feminine, sweet" that Gothard wants women to look like. Very plain, dowdy, & matronly.

Michelle did write something about taking supplements in the Duggars' first book.

I can see her taking vitamins and calcium supplements (not that they'll do her much good at this point).

What I don't see her doing is getting a weight machine and working out to help strengthen bone as well as muscle. Getting on the Stairmaster to burn fat is okay for women to do, but pumping iron? That's just unfeminine. And other than lugging unborn Duggarlings around for nine months, I've never seen her be physically active at all--folding an occasional basket of laundry or pushing a cart through Aldi's is the most I've ever seen her do, to be honest. And we've already covered that family's shitty diet.

My mom had three kids and one miscarriage. She did some pretty stupid dieting when she was younger, but for the last 30 years or so she's eaten a very healthy diet, taken supplemental calcium and vitamins, and worked out every day. She's post-menopausal, and not on HRT. Her bone density is pretty good; she stands straight and hasn't shrunk much. From behind, you'd still think she was a much younger woman, and from the front she still looks great for her age. But she's 68 now, and in the last five years she's noticed that age is really catching up with her fast, no matter what she does.

So when I look at Michelle, and consider everything she's put her body through, and how indifferently she's treated it all along--68 for her is going to be rough.

Archived