IGNORED

Stumped on How to Clean Your Fridge? Jacinda to the RESCUE!

growinghomeblog.com/2012/02/refrigerator-cleaning-tips.html

Seriously. An entire post, complete with photos, on how to clean out your fridge. Because this is really difficult to figure out, folks. Good thing these girls get their PHD in homemaking and then share their incredible knowledge with the rest of us. My fridge had just been sitting, building up grime until I read this!

Oh, I thought she had some new ideas to share.

Using a brush on the plastic inside will scratch it and in the scratches, bacteria can grow. Plus, it looks matte. It's much better to use a soft sponge or a microfiber cloth for plastic surfaces.

The best fridge-cleaning Idea I've seen yet was on pinterest - once it's clean, cover the shelves with clear cling film, then you can just change the film in between cleanings.

The best fridge-cleaning Idea I've seen yet was on pinterest - once it's clean, cover the shelves with clear cling film, then you can just change the film in between cleanings.

Brilliance. Next time I clean the fridge I might just do that. :)

Raine, thank you. I hate scrubbing refrigerators, my little helpers get into so much mischief while I am doing projects and you cannot really break a fridge cleaning into small chunks.

Be honest, do you have a PhD in housekeeping? :D

growinghomeblog.com/2012/02/refrigerator-cleaning-tips.html

Seriously. An entire post, complete with photos, on how to clean out your fridge. Because this is really difficult to figure out, folks. Good thing these girls get their PHD in homemaking and then share their incredible knowledge with the rest of us. My fridge had just been sitting, building up grime until I read this!

Wow...

God knows this would have saved me milliseconds the first time I had to clean a fridge and no one had ever taught me so I had to figure it out for myself.

BTW, I saved myself the worry and cleaned top down and only removed the shelves I was cleaning at that moment, so my perishables never sat out for more than 5 minutes at a time (while cleaning the inside parts rather than the removable parts).

Don't buy into the feminist lie that the cleaning side of housewifery has actually been made easier, and infinitely quicker, by appliances. Actually, housewifery is a constant barrage of completely unfamiliar tasks, never before seen on our planet. (Likewise, putting a bandaid on your kid, which any idiot can do for themselves, becomes ' lol like being a DOCTOR!!!!' for a sahm. Because you're better than everyone, and you're doing the hardest, most pioneering stuff ever!!!)

And, if you're finding it too hard to fight the lie, let the dozens and dozens of fundie bloggers around help you out by complicating the simplest of fucking tasks.

Man, what ever would I have done without a step-by-step pictorial essay on how to clean my fridge with some hot soapy water? I'm glad she mentioned that I need to take the shelves out first, otherwise I would have REALLY been stumped! :P

I actually clean all the shelves in my bathtub so I can wash and rinse all the shelves at the same time. Apparently I'm doing it wrong....

:shifty: So let me get this straight, letting the dogs inside the fridge and having them lick the inside clean isn't how to clean my fridge?* How about the toddler do the same thing? Is that still ok? I mean you're killing 2 birds with one stone by feeding the crowd and getting a clean fridge. Great, now my dogs are going to be pissed that mommy doesn't let them clean the fridge anymore.

* Even just pretending to do that made me gag. :lol:

Thanks, that is a great tip!

I actually clean all the shelves in my bathtub so I can wash and rinse all the shelves at the same time. Apparently I'm doing it wrong....

Me too. I do the same with removable screens and storm windows. Too bad my advanced degree is in English, not housekeeping.

Quick!! Go tell Candy of Joyful Christian Homemaking. She's back on head covering and needs something new to teach us heathens.

My mom had us cleaning the kitchen with her when we were little. My brother, who's more than a little OCD, has a sparkling kitchen since he's the one who cooks.

In my house, the fridge cleans you.

Your insides will be sparkling, by the time it has finished.

Me too. I do the same with removable screens and storm windows. Too bad my advanced degree is in English, not housekeeping.

I do it with my window blinds.

Social work and Molecular Biology here. :lol:

In my house, the fridge cleans you.

Your insides will be sparkling, by the time it has finished.

I've at restaurants like that. :(

What's her name, Anna T would probably do good by having this guide. Remember it took her how long to clean the damn thing? 6 hours?

I didn't watch the video, but how could there possibly be more than two steps?

1) Remove items from fridge.

2) Clean the surfaces of the fridge.

Archived