IGNORED

What is going on with our friends in Costa Rica? - Dixons

Soldevi

In early December Amanda posted a bold blog post about christian parents turning their backs on their children and her mother commented back and they didn't seem to agree at all (understandable). Now there is a post about papa Dixon visiting Amanda and her husband and mama Dixon commenting "Our own photo soon, all righty?".

I am all for mending broken hearts but this seems so...sudden. Was papa Dixon in the US because of his father? I remember how mama Dixon swore somewhere that they will not never ever come back to the States, not even for Amanda's weddings.

I don't know them personally, but I know people, who know people, who do know them personally. =P I'm not sure of all of the exact reasons they are moving back, but I believe that they have changed their minds about a lot of things.

The Dixon family *is* moving back to the states, very shortly.

Oh my. Big news, indeed.

A slight reconciliation is going on and it wasn't as sudden as it seems. It's been slowly happening over the past few weeks. That's all I am going to say.

As for the Dixon's moving back, I am not quite sure what exactly prompted this. I do know that they were starting to feel unhappy in Costa Rica. They said they wanted to move to another country (I had presumed other than the states) to help out the poor. Don't know why they've supposedly chosen to come back here.

Is Jocelyn still going to marry Leandro and move to Brazil?

well, is she going to marry leandro is a million dollar question i suppose..

as with all the other little leaks, their facebook page- dixon family ministries- had an intresting note/ link

"Dixon Family Ministries

Dying from a broken heart may seem more like a scene from a Shakespearean drama than reality, but extreme grief really can "break" your heart.

A Broken Heart May Put You at a Higher Risk of Heart Attack

articles.mercola.com

The saying "dying from a broken heart" may be true, as a recent study shows that people who are dealing with grief have a higher risk of heart attack.

Dixon Family Ministries ‎"The symptoms of stress cardiomyopathy or broken heart syndrome are very similar to those of a typical heart attack -- chest pain, shortness of breath, low blood pressure and even congestive heart failure can occur. There are some important differences, however.

In broken heart syndrome, the symptoms occur shortly after an extremely stressful event, such as a death in the family, serious financial loss, extreme anger, domestic abuse, a serious medical diagnosis, or a car accident or other trauma. This stress and the subsequent release of stress hormones are thought to "stun" or "shock" the heart, leading to sudden heart muscle weakness.""

and then a link to

http://youtu.be/I4OK9DmLpCY

and then an earlier post:

Dixon Family Ministries

Learning the Forum setup and keeping it updated has proven to be very challenging. Of course. But I am learning a lot. :)

------------------------------------

Now-- this is a theory only, but I was under the impression that leandro was some sort of whiz with that forum/ coding stuff hence, if he was around, would they still need to do that?

------------

of course the latest from her blog- on the about me- suggests that instead of him going to C.R, she is going to brazil?

Hmm...interesting. It seems that Leandro's blog is closed totheancientpaths.com/

The plot thickens. I'm dying to know what's going on. Mostly because I think the Dixons are cray cray to the point that I find their appropriation of Judaism hilarious instead of even remotely offensively (like, who the hell follows a calendar found in a book that people pretty much only accept as Biblical in the Horn of Africa) and I have lot of respect for Amanda.

Seriously, I'm happy that their family is reconciling, but I hope that Amanda keeps in mind what they did to them and doesn't categorically forgive them. Because if the comment Jacque left on her blog is any indication, they absolutely treated her like shit. She can and should try and reconcile with people she clearly loves. But she shouldn't trust them 100%. As far as I can tell, they did not treat her well and she was very concerned about the way her younger siblings were treated.

• 2 weeks later...

Ooo, Jocelyn has closed her blog from public view. And Leandro's blog is still closed.

My-my.

Jocelyn was one of my gateway fundies but her blog had become boring, it was just nonsensical bits of sentences. I'm not too surprised they're moving back to the US, I never got what they were doing in CR. Ok, the US were evil, but why was CR much better?

It was a weird compromise, I think. They couldn't go (or afford to go) to Israel so god called them to live in CR ;)

Archived