IGNORED

Eddie Long Apologizes for Ralph Messer's Coronation

Buzzard

It annoys me that lazy reporters and bloggers are letting Messianic groups distance themselves from Ralph Messer without investigating whether he in fact has any connections with those groups.

For example, Ralph Messer appears to have purchased a conversion from Nathan Lerer, a man in Colorado who falsely claimed to be a rabbi. Boaz Michael (Christopher Detwiler), the director of First Fruits of Zion (FFOZ), apparently purchased a conversion from the same man:

I received an email that Michael Detwiler, James’ Av and vice-president of SANJ, was also not Jewish but had bought a false conversion from a rabbi named Lerer, in Denver. I called several of the synagogues in Denver to try and locate the rabbi. It turned out that Rabbi Nathan Lerer was not even a legitimate rabbi. I spoke with Nathan Lerer. Yes he did the conversions of Michael Detwiler, his family, including Christopher Detwiler, who also goes by the name of Boaz Detwiler and Boaz Michael, of FFOZ, and of Ralph Messer.

FFOZ is one of the major organizations in the Messianic movement. As some of you may recall, Taliban Tony claimed to be affiliated with FFOZ at one point.

This potential connection to Ralph Messer, however, hasn't stopped FFOZ from writing a blog entry denouncing Messer and pretending that he belongs to an entirely separate movement:

The fact that such a reprehensible act could be identified with Messianic Judaism is just a symptom of a much bigger problem. Though the broader Hebrew Roots movement contains much that is good and laudable, it also has a sickness that is threatening to destroy it. It is the fact that many non-Jewish believers in Yeshua have chosen to usurp Jewish identity and claim to be Jews, Israelites, or even Rabbis. They have no relationship with the Jewish community and no respect for Jewish tradition, yet because of their claim to be "Messianic Jews," they are often conflated with legitimate Messianic Jewish organizations.

Oh, and I notice that nearly every article about Eddie Long and Ralph Messer has a comment from a Messianic believer condemning the ceremony. Several names keep appearing over and over in comments when I read the articles, and it wouldn't surprise me if these people are engaging in a concerted media campaign.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So it seems that someone hacked the site of the anti messer people so they moved here:

groups.yahoo.com/group/Simchat_Torah/message/988

I wish I could have seen the site before all the good stuff was deleted. The wayback machine didnt help...

So now the fake Jews are accusing other people of being fake Jews...*brain explodes*

HNTxr2NJHa0

Or, if you prefer:

aNQV45Wichw

• 2 weeks later...

This particular winner was brought to my attention.

Meet Shellie Bigelow! She still thinks what Messer did was just peachy!

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php ... 12&sk=wall

She's actually educated so how the hell she buys this shit is beyond me. She fancies herself quite the hottie from the 7 gazillion pics of her she's got up there!

She has mulitple posts in multiple places fawning over these frauds.

And then theres this winner

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id ... 49&sk=info

Rabbi Ralph, you are deeply loved and appreciated by those of us who have followed you for many years and learned so much. After I watched the entire teaching and saw Bishop Long being lifted on high, I had this thought immediately....."He will be the Moses to the African-American community not only in his congregation but all over Atlanta and beyond." I also thought of Moses' arms being lifted high by Aaron and Hur. It is very obvious what satan's ploy is and that is to ridicule and persecute you, the messenger, because he knows that much restoration, healing and many salvations are going to take place because of your encounter with Bishop Long. While many of your Jewish brothers are upset and it may take time, you will be vindicated in their eyes as well. Stay strong and do not be distracted from your vision and assignment given you by the LORD. These are hard but very exciting times. Be encouraged. You're gonna make it!!!!!

And... Thomas Garza... awesome pic, dude!

https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/thomgarza?sk=wall

Criticism is often the voice of ignorance. Judgment without a hearing is often the voice of stupidity. Great job clarifying a controversial event. Thanx

Really fuckwad? Garza has some obscure post on his wall from october equating shellfish, sexuality, and homosexuality... he's a real winner!

I had this thought immediately....."He will be the Moses to the African-American community not only in his congregation but all over Atlanta and beyond."

Has this woman never heard of Harriet Tubman?

It is very obvious what satan's ploy is and that is to ridicule and persecute you

If pointing out that what he did was wrong makes me part of Satan's ploy, then Satan me up.

While many of your Jewish brothers are upset and it may take time, you will be vindicated in their eyes as well.

This Jewish sister says I will stop being angry over what he did when the Hell I don't believe in freezes over.

Has this woman never heard of Harriet Tubman?

If pointing out that what he did was wrong makes me part of Satan's ploy, then Satan me up.

This Jewish sister says I will stop being angry over what he did when the Hell I don't believe in freezes over.

And maybe I'll point out:

HES NOT JEWISH YOU IGNORANT TWAT!!!

Archived