IGNORED

Eddie Long Apologizes for Ralph Messer's Coronation

Buzzard

Let me guess. "If you were offended by my using ritual objects of a religion that isn't my own, in a way they were never intended to be used, then I am sorry."

It's 2 hours... But I'm hearing a lot of words with no meaning.

There were 8k people there. Some people renounced juju and heathen practices... Huh? Claims that using vernacular Because the audience was ignorant.

He's seriously talking in circles...

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But not sorry enough to actually, y'know, stop doing it. Because I'm washed in the blood of Christ, baby!

I can only access YouTube through a VPN, so it tends to be very slow. No way am I going to wait for things to load up just so I can watch this shitheel who can't even pronounce "Birkenau" correctly blather away. Toolbag.

He claims it is a "non kosher Torah scroll" meaning that it's not active. Um, that's not what it means!!!

He also claims it was a gift. A 60k gift? I want it back!

Now you can't defile the Torah because you can't defile it's words. A ritually unclean person cannot contaminate it because the scroll is greater than the person.

Who the fuck taught this moron?

Almost through the whole thing. At 1 hour 55 minutes they try to read a few letters, just the names of the letters... and they dont even know what they're called.

As if thats not enough proof that his BS of speaking "down" to an audience! Fuckwad doesnt even know a letter!

Now you can't defile the Torah because you can't defile it's words. A ritually unclean person cannot contaminate it because the scroll is greater than the person.

Ugh. Yes and no. There has been a lot of discussion about ritual purity and handling a sefer Torah in the Conservative movement, because an old halachic argument of why women shouldn't handle the Torah boils down to the issue of niddah, namely a woman being ritually unclean because she's menstruating and hasn't been to the mikvah. The finding was that a sefer Torah (and tefillin, and I suspect mezuzot, as well) is so sacred that it can't be made ritually impure by simple tumah (I have no good way to translate that word- maybe someone else can help out). There are halachic arguments for this position, and I'm sure if you looked on the Rabbinical Assembly website, you could find the entire responsa dealing with this issue. This idiot may have heard some of these arguments and extrapolated them himself.

However. The above only means that a Torah cannot be rendered ritually impure solely by a ritually unclean person touching it. It does not mean that wrapping some jagoff in a Torah, jabbing your finger at it trying to figure out what the letters are, using it as cheap, evangelical entertainment (in a context that I think absolutely constitutes idol worship under Jewish law) isn't defiling the scroll or, y'know, just really fucking offensive. Again, just accidentally dropping a Torah means the entire congregation has to fast. I don't know what you do when someone basically uses a Torah scroll, even a posul one (one not kosher for ritual use) to make a mockery of Judaism and Jewish practices. Cry, I guess.

I don't see a cognitive dissonance. The Nazis didn't "save" or "protect" them out of understanding of their value, they didn't treasure or revere them, and then certainly didn't handle them with respect, much less the appropriate ritual. The Torahs were viewed at best as barbarian art, but more likely as trinkets, curiosities and above all trophies - and they were lumped together with everything else from ritual silverware to the good china.

If you think the Nazis deserve any credit for "saving" them, think again.

Yes, weren't the Nazis out there to build some museums once the Jews were completely exterminated, to remind the workd of this "plague" they had gotten rid of? I think that was the rationale behind preserving Torahs and other Jewish artifacts.

That video is so ignorant and appalling. I don't see how can anyone fall for this kind of BS. I don't get messianic Judaism at all.

WTF!!!!! What is the point of "crowing" a pedophile "king"? King of what I wonder.

WTF!!!!! What is the point of "crowing" a pedophile "king"? King of what I wonder.

King of dickheads, I think.

Evidently, king of violently and/or fraudulently appropriated religious objects-turned-phallic symbols.

But as my GBF said when watching this video, "These people seriously scare me. Not so much the people on stage -- they're just opportunists -- but the ten-thousand or so audience members. They really, really scare me."

Uninformed, unquestioning, ignorant, mob, with not a single person willing to say how wrong this was.

So Mr. "I cant tell you what hebrew letter than is but I'm a Rabbi" has completely locked down his FB page. The only postings now are from leghumpers ... but the 2 hour complete gutting of the Talmud (to explain why most of what he did was ok) is still up.

It will absolutely NEVER fail to make me sad at how dumb some people are.

Yes, if an unclean person could make a Torah impure the Jews would have had a problem, especially in the Ancient world. It HAS to be able to maintain its integrity in the fact of it. Just because the Torah isnt per se defiled in something against ritual happens to it doesnt mean its OK or that you SHOULD do it. Fucker.

I edited the title so it can include names.

http://www.ajc.com/news/dekalb/bishop-e ... 33271.html

Apparently Eddie Long sent a written apology for the ceremony. I'd like to see the actual letter, but it seems like another "I'm sorry if you were offended" statements.

Long "[denounced] any action that depicts me as a king, for I am merely just a servant of the Lord."

Taken in context with Messer's BS video last night (and subsequesnt deletion of comments not supportive) more shit has been thrown at the sheeple that buy into these fools.

It also seems that someone over at New Birth Missionary Baptist Church's tech support forgot to scrub the website. OOPS!

EddieLongnotscrubbed.png

http://www.newbirth.org/get_answers/confessions

Bet youre really sorry about that!

Well, this Ralph Messer character is really, really toxic now.

Here's an updated story about Paula White:

http://www.flcourier.com/flflorida/7579 ... ongs-rabbi

The upshot is that she didn't get wrapped in a Torah yesterday. But, she DID get wrapped in a Torah back in 2007 by Messer!

(good part starts at about 2:07).

Paula White's lawyer denies this ever happened. Idiot. Be sure your sin will find you out.

I was reading the Barts Notes blog article picking apart the ceremony, and there were comments underneath that basically said that anybody who was offended by the ceremony is just "too bound to tradition." Just because you are willing to "think outside the box" doesn't give you a license to shit all over other people's religions through appropriation.

The "I'm so sorry" statement was on the news today. He wants to "open a dialog". Really? I call BS. He knew exactly what was going to happen (because Messer has done it before) and now he's trying to hide under a rock.

My eyes are bleeding from the stupid on Messer's FB page. I find it fascinating that Famy still has more "likes" than he does. Usually they get a spike from shit like this.

Valarie Denise HaShem could have brought me anywhere, but having HIS best in mind for my life assignment in the Kingdom, HE brought me to Simchat Torah Beit Midrash. There was no other place I was to be 2 &1/2 years ago. Without regret, without question, yet under great amazement --- I AM lives, and HE resides at Simchat Torah Beit Midrash in all of the STBM family and leadership. Everyday, all day.

Yesterday at 1:35pm · 6.

Rita Burkhart Amen...

Yesterday at 1:54pm · 1.

Elizabeth Lock Um, Bobby, Ralph HAS made Teshuvah. He IS keeping Torah. He hasn't done anything to violate TORAH - only tradition, which is just that - TRADITION.

Yesterday at 2:57pm · 3.

Greg D Brown Rabbi, know that my prayers are with you, your congregation and Bishop Eddie. And the message you gave in Atlanta was outstanding. I found it pertinent to the ministry I am involved in here. YHVH bless you. Your teachings have had a profound impact on our rabbi/pastor and this ministry. Shalom!

Yesterday at 3:48pm · 2.

Dallas Woody Brother... I had never heard of you...

I can see what your doing...

The restoration of all things will not come like most think it will... I know your not perfect... but we are not called to be perfect... we are called to be set apart... I appreciate your efforts and your ministry even though it is a little different than most...

I hope to glean from some of our teachings....

SHALOM, may we be broken down and made humble, that the divine instruction can fill us up, and give us life/peace

Yesterday at 4:04pm · 5.

Marcie Moran Rabbi, I just wanted you to know that there was never a doubt that you would only do the right thing. I didn't know about the video clip until I watched the service on Sabbath. (Snow kept us from coming in). I want to encourage you and thank you so much for being the teacher and man that you are. I did have one other thought when you were talking about accusations, We are entering the season of Purim and if I'm not mistaken that was all about accusations as well. Continue to do what you have been called to do. We are behind you.

Awesome. Their votes count the same as mine...

edited to add the queen of all stupid comments:

Susan Stephan Toth Rabbi, you have my full support! Reminds me of when Yeshua was accused by the pharisees of breaking the Torah when He healed someone on the Shabbat! Stay strong! The traditions of man are being sifted.

Yesterday at 10:10am · 3

Yes, he is just like Jesus. You are absolutely right.

"we are entering the season of Purim"

There's a season for that? I mean, do Messianics drink? My fairly limited experience with Purim involved deliberately stupid-ass plays and people in costumes and consuming just a bit too much and all-around having fun. Do fake Jews admit to having fun? I know fundie Christians don't.

There's a season for that? Do Messianics drink?

Winter, Spring, Summer, and PURIM! I'm guessing they drink... since thats a rule for purim and all - or is that just a "tradition" and they can ignore it?

Messer isnt a real messianic, hes a special kind of full of shit so I'm not sure what his rules are.

There's a season for that? I mean, do Messianics drink? My fairly limited experience with Purim involved deliberately stupid-ass plays and people in costumes and consuming just a bit too much and all-around having fun. Do fake Jews admit to having fun? I know fundie Christians don't.

Well, to be fair, all my great-grandmother knew about her birthday was that she was born Purimzeit -- Purim time. But of course, they were Jews living in a shtetl around the turn of the 20th century. Not really comparable.

And Purim season? Really. Dude, it's not even Tu Bishvat yet. Purim isn't for another month.

And Purim season? Really. Dude, it's not even Tu Bishvat yet. Purim isn't for another month.

Maybe he is about to roll out a fabulous new line of Purim gifts and merchandise! And 20% off a get-wrapped-in-the-Torah ceremony!! Purim season is going to start a few weeks earlier every year as he develops his merchandising department.

Maybe he is about to roll out a fabulous new line of Purim gifts and merchandise! And 20% off a get-wrapped-in-the-Torah ceremony!! Purim season is going to start a few weeks earlier every year as he develops his merchandising department.

Oh! Maybe he's planning on wrapping somebody up in a megillah for Purim.

Archived