IGNORED

Eddie Long Apologizes for Ralph Messer's Coronation

Buzzard

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I had totally consigned myself to lurkdom as FJ was seriously sucking ALL of my time... (even though I love you guys!) but this... OMFG THIS... its... obscene that's what it is. I can't even bring myself to watch the video. That's the most disrespectful thing I can even imagine. I'm just sitting here with my jaw dropped and blinking....

As far as knowing a scrolls' age-or orgin by just looking at it, when our shul had one repaired, the sofer ( i could be spelling this wrong, i've had a headache all day) who repaired it, was able to look at all of them and give a vague history of them. We have one fantastic teeny Sefardic Moroccan scroll and the one we use most often is from Germany, probably written around the turn of the last century. He's somehow able to tell this from the style of handwriting and a few other things. I was astounded.

Edited for riffles

Something tells me rabbi scheister didnt exactly have it authenticated. If he did he wouldnt be able to make up stories about its majikal journey from the trains to his bedroom.

It seems the messianics are denouncing this guy. Google messianic and Eddie Long in blogs and they're all calling this guy out. Fucknut has also locked down his FB page (I wonder why...) and deleted all the posts from yesterday.

It seems that he and long became buddies when rabbi fuckwad got involved in Shlong's "financial freedom" seminar. Sound familiar?

So I haven't read all three pages, but I was in bed and this came on our local news. Bishop Eddie Long was the "pastor" who was accused of raping boys he was mentoring. The cases settled out of court. It was quite the scandal in Atlanta. Nothing that he does surprises me. /gag

I wonder how much money Long coughed up for this little ceremony and the accompanying Torah of questionable authenticity.

The two of them (Long and Messer) are obviously big into the prosperity thing, I am sure they wouldn't offer/expect this public wank job for free.

tumblr_l6zyawaZR71qzfqs0.gif

I just don't even.... Whoever said this was obscene was right. I didn't watch the whole thing- just listening to this asshole rambling away about "Birkendau" (WTF?) and telling some five thousand people that "ninety percent of Jews haven't ever even seen or come close to a scroll" (um, no, even if you only go to shul twice a year, you'd see the Torah scrolls on High Holy Days) was enough to put me over the edge. I don't need to see him desecrating a tallis, getting lifted up on some chair and basically taking a giant dump on a sefer Torah, regardless of where it came from. I don't know how that "rabbi" sleeps nights. For crying out loud, if someone drops a sefer Torah, the entire congregation is supposed to fast! What the heck do you do after someone does something like this? I can't even articulate how disgusting this is.

Yes, touching it with your hand is a no no. The only time any MAN may touch it (women shouldnt in all but reform congregations) is during Purim and only after they've washed and done a ritual that I've never understood.

Just a correction: I'm a Conservative Jew, and the Conservative movement would absolutely allow a woman to touch a sefer Torah, not least because there are female sofrim who write Torah scrolls, mezuzot and tefillin. Not a lot of them, but they're out there. I've heard of a number of cases of liberal synagogues (both Reform and Conservative) that have made a point of purchasing a sefer Torah written by a soferet instead of one written by a man.

Not Jewish myself, but MAI GHOD I just about jumped out of my skin when I saw them wrapping that perv Eddie Long in the Torah. Even I know that the Torah is handled with care. Heck, I went to a shul with my (then) boyfriend and made the mistake of putting a prayer book on the floor. OOPS. People were nice about it but I learned a lesson. Just that image has about 1000 times wrong in it and I can't get it out of my head. How would these guys feel if someone had themselves wrapped up in pages from a Bible and prayed over and named a king? I mean, seriously, this is all sorts of crazy wrong.

Why oh why is this fool in Colorado?! I feel like now I need to go do reconnaissance for FJ and take notes. This kind of crazy is too good to pass up.

Why oh why is this fool in Colorado?! I feel like now I need to go do reconnaissance for FJ and take notes. This kind of crazy is too good to pass up.

What?!? He is here in Colorado? Oh HELL no! :evil:

GET F out of our state!!!

There are... no words. I have no words for this.

I've been lurking here for quite some time (started on the yuku boards in '10) and rarely do things posted here leave me with a sick stomach and lack for words.

My head almost exploded when the first minister was asking his gofers to remove the mantle from the Torah and he called it a foreskin.

THIS. I almost puked.

Also, it is BIRKENAU. Not BIRKEN-DOLL. What an asswipe.

I try to be open-minded, and not over-react to "we think we know what Jews do" mess, just because I was raised a Jew.

After all, there are so many varieties of what people can do and believe, and call it their religion, denomination or sect. There are lots of cross-overs of ritual, history, prayers, etc. It can be done, or happen over time, in a way that shows the outgrowth of one tradition from another.

But not this -- this is filthy.

I wouldn't take rosary beads, or a copy of the koran, or any artifact of a religion in which I did not believe (which would be -- all of them! :D ) and make up some weird use of it, especially a use that would offend those from the original faith, claiming it was a valid part of my new tradition.

The disrespect is glaringly obvious in an act like that -- only the most disgusting self-centered thug would not see it.

At least they make themselves look like complete idiots, with all of the inaccuracies. I take some comfort in that. :cry:

If I wouldnt stick out like a jew at a black church I'd go there tomorrow just to see what eddie schlong is up to... but... ya know... gotta make superbowl treats...

I wonder if the service is online...

I don't see a cognitive dissonance. The Nazis didn't "save" or "protect" them out of understanding of their value, they didn't treasure or revere them, and then certainly didn't handle them with respect, much less the appropriate ritual. The Torahs were viewed at best as barbarian art, but more likely as trinkets, curiosities and above all trophies - and they were lumped together with everything else from ritual silverware to the good china.

If you think the Nazis deserve any credit for "saving" them, think again.

It's cognitive dissonance for me is that they hated the Jews so much but not so much to destroy everything about them. I see Buzzard says they were kept for a reason. I don't think they deserve credit for saving them. Just that I don't see why they did, given their hatred.

Apparently this Messer fella is on the disgraced preachers world tour. There's a rumor his next stop is going to be in Orlando, where he's going to make Paula White a "queen" during a church service tomorrow. White was recently named the pastor of New Destiny Christian Center, formerly pastored by the late Zachery Tims, whose untimely death in a New York City hotel room is still unexplained.

http://www.flcourier.com/flflorida/7575 ... ng-a-fraud

BY THE FLORIDA COURIER STAFF: Orlando, Fla. is abuzz with word that Rabbi Ralph Messer is allegedly coming to New Destiny Christian Center, founded by the late Zachery Tims, to make Paula White a 'queen' during a Super Bowl Sunday service.

White's 'coronation,' if it happens, is expected to be like the much-criticized ceremony hitting the Youtube rounds.

"Ralph Messer has been exploiting African-Americans and making a mockery of the Hebrew roots of the faith for years," said former NFL Minnesota Viking chaplain Keith Johnson in a news release.

And there's more at the link...

(hat tip to one of my favorite blogs, Bartholomew's Notes On Religion, http://barthsnotes.com/ )

Now, if one of our FJites lived in the Orlando area...

Apparently this Messer fella is on the disgraced preachers world tour. There's a rumor his next stop is going to be in Orlando, where he's going to make Paula White a "queen" during a church service tomorrow. White was recently named the pastor of New Destiny Christian Center, formerly pastored by the late Zachery Tims, whose untimely death in a New York City hotel room is still unexplained.

http://www.flcourier.com/flflorida/7575 ... ng-a-fraud

And there's more at the link...

(hat tip to one of my favorite blogs, Bartholomew's Notes On Religion, http://barthsnotes.com/ )

Now, if one of our FJites lived in the Orlando area...

Wow... We need more of this tool on YouTube!

The Nazis don't get credit for "saving" anything. They were a war prize, pure and simple. What better way to completely subdue your enemies and completely control them than to desecrate that which they hold most dear. The Torahs were a "head on a stake", a king kneeling before an interloper, a scalp, a flag. They would bring them (if they had the chance) to the Jews of the world and say " kneel or die.". That's why they pet them

White was recently named the pastor of New Destiny Christian Center, formerly pastored by the late Zachery Tims, whose untimely death in a New York City hotel room is still unexplained.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tims died of a drug overdose and his family is trying to block the release of the cause of his death in NYC where he died. He has in the past used drugs, had an affair with a stripper overseas, wife divorced him, wife left his church and formed her own church. When his body was found, he had a glassine or something with a white substance in it. Still not understand why his family is trying to block the cause of death, we already know.

It was said that Paula scammed her way into becoming the Pastor of NDCC. I believe her previous church Without Walls is closed or slated to close.

Either way, it's a mess all around and if Messner visits her church, it'll be even messier.

There's been SO much press on his BS. Now you go to florida where all the NY jews are hiding from the non winter? HOLY SHIT! Yeah, the media picked up the Long thing because it was Long but if he pulls this shit again where there are actual holocaust survivors... god help him...

The Good Life Program with Rabbi Ralph Messer

Shalom Florida Friends and Family,

We need your help! As many of you know Rabbi Messer was a guest on the Good Life program on TV45 Orlando that aired last week. You can watch a copy of the program below.

Rabbi Messer's Interview on Good Life[link=]http://www.torah.tv/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=216&Itemid=289[/link]

We would like our friends to show their support of Rabbi Messer and his vision of taking Torah to the Nations.

If you feel led to write a letter or make a phone call to the Good Life program to express to them how much you enjoyed the interview and would love to see Rabbi Messer invited back on their program, following is the contact information for you to do that:

http://www.tv45.org/contact/

email: info@tv45.org or call: (407) 215-6745

You can also write to them at:

31 Skyline Drive

Lake Mary, FL 32746

Thank you for your support! And together we will spread the good news of the Torah and the Messiah to Florida and the World.

Blessings,

Simchat Torah Beit Midrash

International Center for Torah Studies

Yes, Yes I believe I will be contacting tv45 - this is what they "stand for"

Good Life 45 provides Christian and Family-Friendly television programming to the Central Florida Area. Our programming on WTGL-TV 45 includes religious, educational and great television classics from yesteryear.

We’ve made it our mission to share the gospel of Jesus Christ in every home in Central Florida by providing a variety of programs that represent a broad base of religious ministries and churches throughout Central Florida.

Good Life Broadcasting, Inc., the licensee of WTGL-TV 45 was organized in 1979. WTGL-TV 45 signed on December 12, 2000, originally as WLCB-TV. Later, in September of 2007, the call-letters were changed to WTGL.

Perhaps some of you will join me in demanding that TV45 issue a public denouncement of Mr. Messer and his antics?

White was recently named the pastor of New Destiny Christian Center, formerly pastored by the late Zachery Tims, whose untimely death in a New York City hotel room is still unexplained.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tims died of a drug overdose and his family is trying to block the release of the cause of his death in NYC where he died. He has in the past used drugs, had an affair with a stripper overseas, wife divorced him, wife left his church and formed her own church. When his body was found, he had a glassine or something with a white substance in it. Still not understand why his family is trying to block the cause of death, we already know.

It was said that Paula scammed her way into becoming the Pastor of NDCC. I believe her previous church Without Walls is closed or slated to close.

Either way, it's a mess all around and if Messner visits her church, it'll be even messier.

I was aware of the glassine envelope found and the drug overdose rumor, but since the autopsy hadn't been released, I didn't want to state presumptively the cause of death.

Without Walls is definitely closed--it doesn't have any electrical power. Paula White is a real piece of work. A couple of years ago, the National Enquirer had a thing with her and a certain Benny Hinn walking around Rome, holding hands. Prior to that, her name was linked to Rick Hawkins, pastor of a megachurch down in San Antonio. So yeah, I could see her getting wrapped in a Torah, she doesn't give a shit.

Let me guess. "If you were offended by my using ritual objects of a religion that isn't my own, in a way they were never intended to be used, then I am sorry."

Archived