IGNORED

Eddie Long Apologizes for Ralph Messer's Coronation

Buzzard

What is with that crazy comb-over pseudo-jew? At 4:22 "there are 22 pairs of chromosomes in the human body, the 23rd was added by man". WTF? As I recall, some great apes have only 22 chromosomes, and when and how did "man" add the 23rd set?

Perhaps he has only 22 or something and that is why he sounds so crazy to us mere scientifically trained mortals.

I hope the state of Israel revokes his (alleged) citizenship for going around and defiling torahs and proclaiming pedophiles kings.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please don't, finleeport. Or don't tell me about it. There is quite enough toying with my religion in the world. I am sure you would not mean to offend, but it might come off that way. Of course, it is a free country and I have no right to dictate to you, so take this as an opinion.

This is so offensive... I don't know what to say.

The preacher looks like the guy who played Nils Bjurman in "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" - Bjurman is a total creep and a sadistic rapist:

567343-screen_shot_2011_10_08_at_2.16.48_pm.png

A Holocaust Torah is a Torah that was confiscated (that's probably not the right word, but I can't think of a better one right now) by the Nazis during the Holocaust. Basically, they are Torahs that belonged to communities that were otherwise destroyed (both physically and population-wise) A lot of synagogues today have them. Mine does--we keep it in a glass display case though.

I think stolen is the right word.

A Holocaust Torah is a Torah that was confiscated (that's probably not the right word, but I can't think of a better one right now) by the Nazis during the Holocaust. Basically, they are Torahs that belonged to communities that were otherwise destroyed (both physically and population-wise) A lot of synagogues today have them. Mine does--we keep it in a glass display case though.

So they were saved and protected by the Nazi's? The cognitive dissonance in that is very interesting. How fortunate a congregation must be to have one.

eta: Thanks for 'splainin.

So they were saved and protected by the Nazi's? The cognitive dissonance in that is very interesting. How fortunate a congregation must be to have one.

I don't see a cognitive dissonance. The Nazis didn't "save" or "protect" them out of understanding of their value, they didn't treasure or revere them, and then certainly didn't handle them with respect, much less the appropriate ritual. The Torahs were viewed at best as barbarian art, but more likely as trinkets, curiosities and above all trophies - and they were lumped together with everything else from ritual silverware to the good china.

If you think the Nazis deserve any credit for "saving" them, think again.

I don't see a cognitive dissonance. The Nazis didn't "save" or "protect" them out of understanding of their value, they didn't treasure or revere them, and then certainly didn't handle them with respect, much less the appropriate ritual. The Torahs were viewed at best as barbarian art, but more likely as trinkets, curiosities and above all trophies - and they were lumped together with everything else from ritual silverware to the good china.

If you think the Nazis deserve any credit for "saving" them, think again.

They were war trophies because Hitler knew that they were the most precious thing the Jews had. He intended to make museums for to the "race" he had destroyed. It was a way to show his power, kind of like scalping or cutting the dicks off of people you kill in battle. All Torahs are revered, but these are additionally special because they survived, because they speak the history. My Temple has one and it is kept in the Ark at the highest point (we have 5 Torahs). It is brought out on days of great celebration as a way of saying "we're still here."

I dont understand how fuckwad can say its 312 years old. No one knows that. Torahs dont have "made on" dates. If it really IS a holocaust Torah he has no idea which congregation/country/ANYTHING about its history. I also seriously doubt he holds dual citizenship if he's not a born Jew.

As for the prosperity gospel. Its a whole new level of danger. The people that follow these mega pastors are the poorest and dumbest. They truly believe that these men are elevated by god and that giving to them will bless their own sorry lives. They lose their homes while giving to the "church" to buy a new jet. The fact that they are tax exempt makes me dizzy...

I know a lot about this Messer guy. He came to the messianic congregation I attended and formed a partnership. He is very good at saying what he thinks you want to hear. Thanks to him, I started to really question yeska and I contacted Jews for Judaism and left!

BTW He is not jewish, he was raised in either ND or SD. He has loads of stories, all more BSy than the last. They can actually be quite entertaining.

We went Torah shopping with him in LA. At that time my Dh wanted to be a messy rabbi and we were in with the "rabbi" of the group. When Messer came we hung out with him because the leader of the congregation felt that Messer could teach us a lot. (LOL as if). Anyway, in LA he made this big deal that a black mark was put on his shoulder. He said it was because everyone knew that he was Messianic and so they marked him. *roll eyes* I am so glad I was able to see though him, and that my dh was the same way. We tried to say stuff about him, but his answer to everything is that it was lashana hora(gossip). Ummm, warning people about a false teacher is NOT lashana hora!

I loved the one where I was told that no one Orthodox would even talk to me if they learned that I ever was messianic even if I wasn't anymore. He also said if I ever wanted to go to an Orthodox Synagogue , I would have to shave my head and then cover with a wig since I was married.

Anyway, he was a partner with that congregation for a year or so, just long enough to collect oh...$20,000-$30,000 and then he was gone and he never did give them what they paid for.

BTW The congregation did ask for him to prove that he had Israeli citizenship but he conveniently forgot it each and every time he came.

I know a lot about this Messer guy. He came to the messianic congregation I attended and formed a partnership. He is very good at saying what he thinks you want to hear. Thanks to him, I started to really question yeska and I contacted Jews for Judaism and left!

BTW He is not jewish, he was raised in either ND or SD. He has loads of stories, all more BSy than the last. They can actually be quite entertaining.

We went Torah shopping with him in LA. At that time my Dh wanted to be a messy rabbi and we were in with the "rabbi" of the group. When Messer came we hung out with him because the leader of the congregation felt that Messer could teach us a lot. (LOL as if). Anyway, in LA he made this big deal that a black mark was put on his shoulder. He said it was because everyone knew that he was Messianic and so they marked him. *roll eyes* I am so glad I was able to see though him, and that my dh was the same way. We tried to say stuff about him, but his answer to everything is that it was lashana hora(gossip). Ummm, warning people about a false teacher is NOT lashana hora!

I loved the one where I was told that no one Orthodox would even talk to me if they learned that I ever was messianic even if I wasn't anymore. He also said if I ever wanted to go to an Orthodox Synagogue , I would have to shave my head and then cover with a wig since I was married.

Anyway, he was a partner with that congregation for a year or so, just long enough to collect oh...$20,000-$30,000 and then he was gone and he never did give them what they paid for.

BTW The congregation did ask for him to prove that he had Israeli citizenship but he conveniently forgot it each and every time he came.

Hi Dena! I didn't know we had a former Messianic on here, welcome! I'm LOLling at "messy rabbi".

As for the video, I couldn't watch it all the way through. Never heard of this preacher, either, but wow. Prosperity gospel and a serial abuser. Baby Jebus must be so proud!

I dont understand how fuckwad can say its 312 years old. No one knows that. Torahs dont have "made on" dates. If it really IS a holocaust Torah he has no idea which congregation/country/ANYTHING about its history. I also seriously doubt he holds dual citizenship if he's not a born Jew.

I think he might have some Jewish lineage, but I doubt he was raised in the religion. His pronunciation sucks, and he does not know how to handle a Torah.

Had to do a little research. I can only find one instance where someone was wrapped in a torah and it was to shame them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_Martyrs

This is part of the awesome book "as a driven leaf". Rabbi Haninah ben Teradion was wrapped in a scroll and covered in a wet lambskin to ensure he didnt die quickly and burnt alive.

Had to do a little research. I can only find one instance where someone was wrapped in a torah and it was to shame them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_Martyrs

This is part of the awesome book "as a driven leaf". Rabbi Haninah ben Teradion was wrapped in a scroll and covered in a wet lambskin to ensure he didnt die quickly and burnt alive.

Yep, my brother posted about this on facebook. These Messianics are just so classy. All those layers of Jewish oppression, one on top of the other.

Also, you mentioned in another post that if it really was a Holocaust Torah, they wouldn't know anything about its history, but that's not necessarily the case. I don't think we have a clue how old our Holocaust Torah is, but we do know the town that it came from and the location of several other Torahs that survived from that town. I'm not sure how this information is known, but the Nazis were meticulous record keepers, even of the destruction they caused.

Also, thanks to whoever said "stolen" was the word I was looking for. That is entirely correct.

Beeks, I understand entirely how you feel. That video upset me more than Yad Vashem did when I was there less than two weeks ago.

And yes, the Nazis did not save Torahs and other Jewish ritual objects because they were holy. It was so display them in museums to show the world about the freak-show people they exterminated and saved the world from. :evil:

I have a question for Jewish people here;

How would you feel if I made a satire/parody based on the Messianic Jews like Ralph Messer?

It depends on what you're thinking of doing.

Okay never mind the parody/satire thing.

But I will ask, aren't the Messianic Jews offensive towards real Jews? since they add 'Yeshua' with their Judaism?

I wonder how he got that Torah in the 1st place...Who sold it to him (or gave it)?

He bought it. Like I said in my other post, I actually went Torah shopping with him in LA. He of course told the guy he was buying it from nothing about yeska. He kept that down low!

He bought it. Like I said in my other post, I actually went Torah shopping with him in LA. He of course told the guy he was buying it from nothing about yeska. He kept that down low!

Gonna have to do some google/research on this but I thought that all the stuff the Nazi's stole were to be returned to the families and if they couldnt be determined to Israel... so... shouldnt the Torah be returned to Israel where it can be properly buried since this fuckwad desecrated it?

One of the things that bothered me was that they were touching it with their hands as they read, and the faux jew said this was normal. How Jewish can he be if he has never seen a yad?

Here is his bio per his bullshit webpage. I've taken the liberty of coloring the things that may actually be considered "biographical" and not bolstering...

Rabbi & Mrs. Messer’s Bio

Internationally acclaimed Bible teacher, conference speaker, and Spirit-filled minister, Rabbi Ralph Messer is the President and Founder of Simchat Torah Beit Midrash® (STBM) – a congregation and school based in Colorado. With an Apostolic and Evangelistic anointing, Rabbi Messer actively teaches the Hebrew Roots of the Christian Faith, fulfilling the great commission to “…make disciples of all the nations†(Matthew 28:19). As the founder of Simchat Torah Beit Midrash, Rabbi Messer is pioneering a work to bring the "Good News" of Yeshua (Jesus Christ) in the Torah to the ends of the earth.

Translated from Hebrew as “The Joy of God’s Teaching and Instruction/House of Study†– Simchat Torah Beit Midrash (STBM) is a House of Joy, Worship, and Study. STBM is also a premier Publisher and Resource Center for Hebraic materials, Bible courses, and curriculum. Through the vision of Rabbi Messer, STBM launched the International Center for Torah Studiesâ„¢ (ICTS) – teaching a truly unique Discipleship methodology called, the “Kol-Bo ‘Walking with Yeshua’ Discipleship Programâ€. This Discipleship Program is a multi-level, multi-media curriculum facilitating college-style courses in classrooms internationally, including online Biblical studies. The Kol-Bo Discipleship Program is currently comprised of over 150 hours of Rabbi Messer’s teachings available on VHS, CD, DVD, and video-streamed by internet from the STBM website: www.Torah.tv . The ICTS program utilizes STBM’s award-winning Companion Textbooks whose stunning full-color design appeals to every type of student, including those who learn best by seeing and listening – called audio/visual learners. Rabbi Messer’s gift for teaching the audio/visual learner had become a hallmark of the STBM ministry.

For more than 30 years, Rabbi Messer has facilitated inter-faith discussions between denominations, cultures, and various groups, across the country, and internationally as a popular keynote conference speaker and minister. In addition, Rabbi Messer is a frequent host on cable/satellite networks such as Trinity Broadcasting Network (TBN), God’s Learning Channel (GLC), and Daystar Television Network.

Prior to entering the ministry full-time as a Pastor and Teacher – “Rabbiâ€, he was a Regional Vice President for a Fortune 500 company, specializing in Accounting, Business Administration, and Finance. Married to his wife Maureen for over 25 years, Rabbi & Mrs. Messer have six children, actively involved serving with them in the ministry of STBM.

Sooo... his qualifications for being a "rabbi" are that he's an accountant and has 6 kids, all who are in the family scambusiness.

I see nothing about education, ordination, religion, message from martians etc.

Okay never mind the parody/satire thing.

But I will ask, aren't the Messianic Jews offensive towards real Jews? since they add 'Yeshua' with their Judaism?

When I was a messy there were a lot of people offended that a reform Jew who ate bacon cheeseburgers would be considered Jewish, but they wouldn't be even though they were more observant. We won't get into how only 3 families out of the 300 were actual Jews.

Now that I am out, I just feel bad for them. They just don't know. There really is nothing wrong with someone who is not a Jew being a Christian.

I am not offended by "normal" messy's going about their business, but Messer is not like a normal messy. Please realize that. The congregation I attended was like a mix of Christianity and Judaism, and they sure as heck did not do that to the Torah. Messer really does offend me!

I also want to say, that there is no cookie cutter messy. I have been to many different messy congregations and each one was different. Some seemed rather Orthodox believe it not, with very very little said about yeska, other ones were more like a Christian church with just a couple of Hebrew words here and there. I do believe that most people who are messy's who really start to study Torah have a revelation at some time and they either convert or become Noahides.

Archived