IGNORED

Kelly Bates Had the Baby

GeoBQn

The girls and Zach were already in Florida stumping for Santorum. They probably stayed to grace the wedding with their musical skillz.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well at least there was someone home or in the NICU with the baby. Do we even know he's still in the NICU or is it just speculation? Although I suppose a NICU stay at this point would be inevitable.

I wish they'd give this poor baby a name already! Even if he is sickly and might not make it, he deserves a name. A real name, not one of those Jubilee/Jewel/Zion type of names that they give to miscarried fetuses. He is not a miscarriage; he is a living baby.

I imagine they have a name for the baby but are not saying so it can be revealed on tv. Hopefully the baby is fine and he dragged his mother's uterus out when he was born.

Yeah, I am a little concerned that we haven't heard more about the little guy. I think these people are misogynist, homophobic, racist, idiots but, I would never wish harm on one of their children.

From Friday (Kelly's sister's page): "still no name for the baby. michaela said that if her dad deosn't pick a name out of their more than 500 suggestions, then the kids are going to pick 1 for him lol. i let you know when a name has been picked. the baby is doing good." Nothing has been posted since then. I hope he's alright!

Egads, I can't believe that the Bates were there with their baby in the NICU.

Don't have kids but if my kid were that sick I would be at the hospital...and freaking out from worry.

extorted. She thanked her "fans" for their support and then had #extortionisacrime

Is this referring to the woman who was trying to extort $10,000 from TLC (or Discover??) over racy Duggar photos? I heard it mentioned briefly on newsradio this morning.

Does that look like Tegaderm over the baby's umbilical cord to anyone else? I'm looking at the blog pictures. I'm DEFINITELY not an expert on babies or NICU stuff, but I've never seen a baby with a covered stump unless they'd put a line in there. Umbilical cords are central lines, which would be odd for a baby that is already being held.

Also, can they PLEASE put a hat on him? That is bugging me way more than it should.

Jeb?

Am I the only one who finds it a bit odd that the last two babies were given "J" names? It almost seems like they are rubbing it in JB and Michelle's faces a bit.

And didn't both families use Jubilee for their lost baby girls? Is it some sort of fundie thing?

That baby is HUGE! Ok, mine were preemies and my biggest was 6 lbs 8ozs but that kid is a horse. :shock: Is it normal for newborns to be so huge?

Ok, never mind the baby was only a 7 pounder and 20 inches. Still, that baby looks twice the size mine were. Maybe cooking them longer would have helped. :whistle:

:| Jeb?! "His name means “Beloved friend of God from Coal Town†" Where do they get the meanings of their names from? Addallee Hope means, according to them, "The Lord is my refuge and hope". Where did they get that info? And Jeb is awful. What's next, Cletus?

edit - He sure is cute though.

Jeb is not that bad but I wish they would give him the full name, Jebediah or whatever. Plus the Duggars have a Jedidiah, isn't that a little similar?

Colton is another cowboyish name like their other boys. I'm glad the baby is OK.

That baby is HUGE! Ok, mine were preemies and my biggest was 6 lbs 8ozs but that kid is a horse. :shock: Is it normal for newborns to be so huge?

Ok, never mind the baby was only a 7 pounder and 20 inches. Still, that baby looks twice the size mine were. Maybe cooking them longer would have helped. :whistle:

Maybe the adult Bateses are really small and we just haven't noticed?

ETA: Born on Trace's birthday? Awwwwwwwwwww.

:| Jeb?! "His name means “Beloved friend of God from Coal Town†" Where do they get the meanings of their names from? Addallee Hope means, according to them, "The Lord is my refuge and hope". Where did they get that info? And Jeb is awful. What's next, Cletus?

Jeb is short for Jebidiah, a variant of... Jedidiah. Thank you, Duggars. I bet they go up on baby name sites- the really shitty, poorly-designed trynddeigh ones run by people with piss-poor research skills accepting names submitted by users, not more serious ones like Behind The Name. BTN isn't the best either, but at least it's easier to navigate, read, and accepts user input if it can be backed up. Half the names you find on the trehnnd33 sites don't even come with meanings, pronunciations, links to related names, etc.

Also, the names ending in -son? Don't give your kids patronymic surnames as first names. Seriously? Judson? Lawson? Did Kelly have affairs with guys named Judd or Law(rence)? I don't think so and have no reason to believe that. JUST CALL THEM JUDD AND LAWRENCE, YOU'RE A BUNCH OF REDNECKS ANYWAY, REDNECKS DON'T CARE ABOUT TR3NDII NAMES!

And with what Aurora said, Colton is a pretty redneck name.

edit - He sure is cute though.

FgDw7_L82kU

I think Cletus would be the best namesake ever.

Addallee Hope is Latin for "My parents liked math and they couldn't spell so I ended up with this crappy name. I wish they would've named me Hope"

I LMAO at the part where Kelly says he had a "very quick descent down the birth canal."

Ya think? I don't think she's had c-section; it's a friggin' slip and slide in downtown Kellyland.

I LMAO at the part where Kelly says he had a "very quick descent down the birth canal."

Ya think? I don't think she's had c-section; it's a friggin' slip and slide in downtown Kellyland.

:lol: She probably doesn't even need to push anymore! Baby just slips out in 2 seconds.

Archived