IGNORED

Kelly Bates Had the Baby

GeoBQn

Kelly did acknowledge the birth on the blog, in the comments about Santorum. She says they haven't named him yet. No comments about his health at all.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sort of doubt the baby has Downs Syndrome, only because I'm really cynical and I expect that the Bateses would jump at the chance to use a baby with Down Syndrome as a prop the way Sarah Palin did. If he did have it, Kelly would make a post saying "I'm so pro-life because I didn't abort my Down Syndrome baby! Everyone pat me on the back for be so willing to take on this burden!" Because in my experience, for all their talk about babies being precious, they really just like to use them as badges of honor for going through yet another hardship.

Kelly did acknowledge the birth on the blog, in the comments about Santorum. She says they haven't named him yet. No comments about his health at all.

They've got a newborn in a plastic box with health problems and they have time to answer their blog comments. This is so telling. Jebsus must love a fame whore.

I wonder if they're waiting to see how healthy he is before they name him. Dont wanna waste the "good" names!

I wonder if they're waiting to see how healthy he is before they name him. Dont wanna waste the "good" names!

I read somewhere the kids name the newborn, and pick its clothes out. I forgot whose turn it is this time but I think its an 'A' name.

I was thinking that too, but I wondered if I was being too morbid :? It seems odd that they haven't picked a name yet. It's not as if they haven't had months to think about it, and I don't think they have a tradition of delaying on naming.

Eh, I have friend who didn't name her 6th baby for about 2 months. They kept going between Elijah, Isaac, and Dante, and for a while we all just called him NoName. ;)

There's no way they're saving the good names for living children. Hello, Trace? Warden? Judson?

I was thinking that too, but I wondered if I was being too morbid :? It seems odd that they haven't picked a name yet. It's not as if they haven't had months to think about it, and I don't think they have a tradition of delaying on naming.

This delayed naming is a bit of a contradiction when it comes to their views on personhood. If it was a person when the ova was fertilized why not give it a name then?

I just find the whole "having a baby regardless of maternal age and risk to the baby and mother's health" quite selfish and not at all martyr-behavior or God's will. Kelly and Gil are clearly not thinking of the suffering that baby #19 has to endure having all those tubes in his body, plus what other infections or breathing issues that may lay in waiting for this baby as he grows into a toddler. I understand that they want God to determine how many children they can have. But still, if that baby could talk, I doubt he would be saying he is having a vacation right now and feeling great. Hopefully, she will stop having babies, given #19 is in the nicu, and enjoy the "blessings" that she has now.

They may not fully know what his issue is yet. My brother and his wife had their first child last year and it turns out he was born with an aortic dissection and another different heart defect. My sister in law is 28 and had an absolutely perfectly healthy pregnancy. There were no indicators prior to my nephew begin born (including on the ultrasound) that there was any issue at all. He was transferred to 2 separate hospitals before the full extent of his condition was discovered.

My own son spent his first 36 hours of life in the NICU due to breathing problems and fluid on the lungs. I was only 29 when he was born and again, I had a perfectly healthy pregnancy.

I sincerely hope this baby is okay. If he does indeed have a health condition I hope they are able to diagnose it quickly and effectively and get him the proper treatment needed. He's a good size and his color is good as well. Those are good positive signs.

Did anybody notice the sister spelled bates wrong?

Every spelling I see is spelled correctly. Where are you talking about?

Idle speculation, but could it be that some of the TLC film crew are with the Bates family right now because a Duggar/Bates courtship is going to be announced? They showed the build up to Zach and Sarah's courtship, so if a Duggar/Bates courtship is upcoming, they would definitely have the film crews there prior to the courtship announcement.

Just a thought...

Every spelling I see is spelled correctly. Where are you talking about?

Kim Callaham Adkins

"I'm so excited for them. Kelly and baby are doing great, as soon as I know more info, I will pass it along. it kind of crazy at the Bate's house right now, not only did she just give birth, but the film crew was already there filming for some future events on tlc. Thanks to everyone for all the prayers, every prayer is appreciated."

Misspelling.

Misspelling.

More like misuse of an apostrophe. Technically a misspelling if you want to be picky. Sadly, many people misuse apostrophes.

More like misuse of an apostrophe. Technically a misspelling if you want to be picky. Sadly, many people misuse apostrophes.

:roll: Whatever. You asked, so I showed you. I'm not sure how that's being picky. Arguing about semantics, however...

:roll: Whatever. You asked, so I showed you. I'm not sure how that's being picky. Arguing about semantics, however...

Add me to the list of morbid people who suspect that they haven't named him because they aren't sure if he'll make it.

I'm sure if he does end up like Jubilee, they'll want to come up with an extra-special, meaningful name to one-up the Duggars on that too.

Add me to the list of morbid people who suspect that they haven't named him because they aren't sure if he'll make it.

I'm sure if he does end up like Jubilee, they'll want to come up with an extra-special, meaningful name to one-up the Duggars on that too.

Agree.

Agree.

They dont want to waste naming him after whatever confederate war hero name they've been saving if its only going to go on a tombstone.

Maybe they are waiting to release the name until the show airs.

For people that don't want their own television show, they sure are on tv a lot. I think they would jump at the chance to have their own show. They obviously do all the appearances because they desperately need money. If TLC left them alone I think they would sink deeper into poverty than they are now. I can't understand how they pay the bills with a little tree trimming business and help from Lawson. Tennessee may be a cheaper place to live but the cost of supplied can't be that much different than other states.

I really worry that if this baby has long term problems like Josie had the first year of her life, the Bates family is going to fall over the economic edge they are already teetering on. They just don't have the resources of the Duggars. I can't understand actively trying for more children when you can barely feed the 18 you already have running around.

Archived