IGNORED

Kelly Bates Had the Baby

GeoBQn

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really hope their baby ends up okay. With that being said, Kelly needs to take a step back and realize how dangerous it is to continue to have children, especially when the last few of her children had some issue after being born.

I know understand you want God to take control of your life but then what's the point of being on Earth? You were given a brain and a mindset to make your own decisions. If you decide to take control of your own life instead of relying everything on God, I'm sure He'll be okay with it.

I really hope their baby ends up okay. With that being said, Kelly needs to take a step back and realize how dangerous it is to continue to have children, especially when the last few of her children had some issue after being born.

I know understand you want God to take control of your life but then what's the point of being on Earth? You were given a brain and a mindset to make your own decisions. If you decide to take control of your own life instead of relying everything on God, I'm sure He'll be okay with it.

This is what really irks me .... God wouldn't have put a brain in our pretty little heads had he intended for us to forgo its use.

Clearly the last couple pregnancies J'Chelle and Kelly had are warning signs from their bodies - that it's time to close up the baby factory. Exercise some common sense before you have to bury more fetus' (or worse a mom ...)

They could still leave it up to God, but instead of making that mean "No birth control ever", it could mean "Let's pray and fast about having another child and see how we feel then go about trying."

I'm also thinking the rumor about the Bateses getting a show is true because of the baby news.

They don't even have to change the name of the show, just the families!

Michelle would go nuts if they got replaced by the Bates family. Kelly even can change the beginning sequence to point out that she has had 19 pregnancies, not twins!

I don't get it. The poor little guy is in the NICU, hooked up to all kinds of wires and tubes, and they are smiling like they just won the lottery?? Was catching up to the Duggars really THAT important?

These people are sick.

Hope the baby is ok.

Poor child, especially since this is all going to be used to make money for his parents.

Baylee, you giving updates from the family doesn't annoy me. Going on about how they are the best people ever and are so good and nice all while refusing to address any of the pretty shitty stuff they do, that is annoying.

This I can understand. Hope you can understand that I see different facets of the Bates family, including the 'pretty shitty stuff they do.' It is hard, since I know them, to keep perspective. No, they are not perfect by any stretch and most of their beliefs are far different than my own. Yet they are warm, welcoming people. Many of the people who post at FJ seem to have a 'favorite fundie.' The Bates family is mine, but I don't feel that I need to be an 'apologist' for them. They are who they are, warts and all.

Michelle would go nuts if they got replaced by the Bates family. Kelly even can change the beginning sequence to point out that she has had 19 pregnancies, not twins!

If the Bateses are indeed getting a show, Michelle could already know and she is likely pissed. I can also picture that beginning sequence and something like that would chap Michelle's ass.

Hi there. I've been lurking since TWOP Howard closed down the 19 Kids and Counting thread (FJ is SO much better, wish I'd discovered it sooner!) but this is my first time posting!

I hope it's ok to speculate on this (and I'm really sorry if it's not :oops: ) but i'm a nursing student and just did my pediatrics rotation... we got to spend a few clinical days in the NICU and I think Baby 19 might have some characteristics that are consistent with Down syndrome. His ears are low on his head and small, his legs are spread apart in a weird way that might suggest hypotonia and it looks like there is a an unusually large gap between his big toe and second toe (or it's just the picture and I'm completely wrong). Also concerns about heart defects would be consistent with this diagnosis (I believe it's something like half of babies born with Down syndrome have some sort of heart defect).

This is purely speculation and I know you could never make such a diagnosis from a picture alone but those were just characteristics I found curious. Maybe somebody with real working experience in NICU or who is more familiar with Down syndrome would know more?

I'm still learning the ropes so my apologies if this was out of line, I was just curious what you all might think?

Funny how #19 has been labeled w/"breathing problems" yet he is neither on a mask NOR a ventilator. Looks to me like he's got a). A central venous catheter in his neck for the administration of multiple medications, or b). a balloon threaded through the chambers of his heart and up into the pulmonary artery to measure cardiac output. Either way, he's looking like a pretty sick little boy! Poor thing!

Hi there. I've been lurking since TWOP Howard closed down the 19 Kids and Counting thread (FJ is SO much better, wish I'd discovered it sooner!) but this is my first time posting!

I hope it's ok to speculate on this (and I'm really sorry if it's not :oops: ) but i'm a nursing student and just did my pediatrics rotation... we got to spend a few clinical days in the NICU and I think Baby 19 might have some characteristics that are consistent with Down syndrome. His ears are low on his head and small, his legs are spread apart in a weird way that might suggest hypotonia and it looks like there is a an unusually large gap between his big toe and second toe (or it's just the picture and I'm completely wrong). Also concerns about heart defects would be consistent with this diagnosis (I believe it's something like half of babies born with Down syndrome have some sort of heart defect).

This is purely speculation and I know you could never make such a diagnosis from a picture alone but those were just characteristics I found curious. Maybe somebody with real working experience in NICU or who is more familiar with Down syndrome would know more?

I'm still learning the ropes so my apologies if this was out of line, I was just curious what you all might think?

justa,

I am not a pediatric nurse, however, I am an OLD nurse and I don't see the ears as being low. He actually looks pretty good (body wise) to me. If he had hypertonia, the legs would "frog out" more than they are. I'm thinking more like a deficient heart pump that could be causing him to retain fluid. God, don't quote me on this. It's just what I see.

Funny how #19 has been labeled w/"breathing problems" yet he is neither on a mask NOR a ventilator. Looks to me like he's got a). A central venous catheter in his neck for the administration of multiple medications, or b). a balloon threaded through the chambers of his heart and up into the pulmonary artery to measure cardiac output. Either way, he's looking like a pretty sick little boy! Poor thing!

I concur. A baby with respiratory issues would probably be intubated though not necessarily, he does have a nasal O2 cannula but almost any baby in NICU has that. I also agree with the student nurse above who mentioned the possibility of Downs. His face is covered so we can't see it but I'd guess it highly probable he has Downs. I love Downs kids, I just hope if he does he can get early intervention, not SODRT.

Welcome to FJ justa. Some other twopers have joined here since Howard closed the thread down.

It just seems like if it was no big deal, like random breathing problems many newborns experience (maybe aspirating meconium?) there'd be an update. At least a really quick one on their blog with a name, photo, and a quick "He's doing better, praise God! Thank y'all for your prayers! He should be home in a few days." I think the longer they go without updating, the higher the likelihood that there's something more seriously wrong, and they're trying to figure out how to spin it.

My son had breathing problems when he was born (inhaled a bit too much amniotic fluid, which is common with Cesareans) and only had a mask overnight. They kept him hooked up to a heart monitor and IV for a couple of days just to be safe. I doubt they're lying about the breathing problems, but there could be a couple of things that have come up.

This I can understand. Hope you can understand that I see different facets of the Bates family, including the 'pretty shitty stuff they do.' It is hard, since I know them, to keep perspective. No, they are not perfect by any stretch and most of their beliefs are far different than my own. Yet they are warm, welcoming people. Many of the people who post at FJ seem to have a 'favorite fundie.' The Bates family is mine, but I don't feel that I need to be an 'apologist' for them. They are who they are, warts and all.

In the past you have only spoken of how wonderful and nice they are. They appear to neglect their horses, they, on camera, put their children in very, very dangerous situations with horses, they placed a painting of a horrible racist in a high place of honor in their home, they have raised their children to look down on anyone not just like them. These are not nice people or good parents.

My son had breathing problems when he was born (inhaled a bit too much amniotic fluid, which is common with Cesareans) and only had a mask overnight. They kept him hooked up to a heart monitor and IV for a couple of days just to be safe. I doubt they're lying about the breathing problems, but there could be a couple of things that have come up.

My 3rd did the same thing but his was a vag birth. They just laid him toes higher than his head and placed a plastic box thing over his entire head that gave him oxygen while he drained out. By morning he was back with my husband while I was in surgery. I think he did have a few IVs at first but I may be mixing him up with the next 2.

I hope mother and child are ok.

Having said that:

Stop making it about the COUNTING: 38 soldiers for Jesus!

They make it about the counting because that's the best way to teach math at SOTDRT. :)

Having said that, 38 soldiers for Jesus on the wall, 38 soldiers for Jesus, take one down and pass it around, 37 soldiers for Jesus on the wall.

(i'm in one of those weird moods which makes me tihnk of dumb stuff.)

Oy. Sister of Kelly had to announce it on the FB "Fan Page of the Duggar Family".

Kim Callaham Adkins

"I'm so excited for them. Kelly and baby are doing great, as soon as I know more info, I will pass it along. it kind of crazy at the Bate's house right now, not only did she just give birth, but the film crew was already there filming for some future events on tlc. Thanks to everyone for all the prayers, every prayer is appreciated."

Famewhoring must be contagious. :roll:

I guess we can say that the Bateses are indeed getting a show with TLC. If they aren't getting a show, it could be a documentary on them.

Maybe Zach and Sarah finally got engaged? Can't think of why else they'd film the Bates, other than the baby, and it seems like these 'future events' are something other than the birth.

justa,

I am not a pediatric nurse, however, I am an OLD nurse and I don't see the ears as being low. He actually looks pretty good (body wise) to me. If he had hypertonia, the legs would "frog out" more than they are. I'm thinking more like a deficient heart pump that could be causing him to retain fluid. God, don't quote me on this. It's just what I see.

I'm a special education early intervention teacher, and I agree with the other poster. The baby does not seem to have Downs Syndrome characteristics to me.

I hope the little baby is okay, or will be okay soon. I sure hope the Bates will stop with this one.

I hope the little baby is okay, or will be okay soon. I sure hope the Bates will stop with this one.

Unfortunately,if they are getting a show or special,their famewhoring is just getting started. And part of that famewhoring is constantly being with child or delivering children. I can see this getting worse. Its going to be interesting to see which family implodes first. Duggars or Bates. My bets are on the Duggars though.

Archived