IGNORED

Kelly Bates Had the Baby

GeoBQn

This is appalling. Do they think it's just a coincidence or a divine whim that God is getting so consistently sloppy with His baby-making now that Kelly and J'chelle are in their 40s?

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel sorry for the child. He did not ask for this. I wonder if he has a heart problem. I also wonder what kind of prenatal care Kelly received.

Are they also part of the Scamaratan "insurance"?

Poor child, especially since this is all going to be used to make money for his parents.

Baylee, you giving updates from the family doesn't annoy me. Going on about how they are the best people ever and are so good and nice all while refusing to address any of the pretty shitty stuff they do, that is annoying.

Surprising so many wires for a term baby (and he is term if it's 'two weeks early'). I find it weird how under one of the photos someone just comments on how 'cute' he looks, not asking if the baby is ok or anything...

Much as I dislike what the Bateses are doing, I REALLY hope the baby will be ok.

Me too. I wouldn't wish the loss of a child on anyone.

This is appalling. Do they think it's just a coincidence or a divine whim that God is getting so consistently sloppy with His baby-making now that Kelly and J'chelle are in their 40s?

great question

My sister has progesterone shots throughout her pregnancy, and she is 24, so I think it is more common than we think. I only need progesterone supplements until week 14. That pbaby looks term, I sort of wonder if Kelly had an infection that was passed to the baby.

I had a 38 weeker, who had a quick trip down to SCBU (literally was wheeled down and brought straight back to me). My very sick 35 weeker might have had a couple more lines than the Bates baby, but is a perfectly healthy two year old today. There are things I don't like about the Bates, but I hope their baby is okay.

Gil and Kelly sure look happy. I hope the Lord closes both of Kelly's and Michelle's wombs so there aren't any #20s. Kelly seems more relaxed as a Mom. Michelle was so nervous with Josie; it was painful to watch. Seeing how Josie suffered, I sure hope this little one is ok. They should name the show "19 is enough."

Michelle was so nervous was Josie; it was painful to watch.

While, to a certain extent, a sick baby is a sick baby- there's a big difference between a micro preemie (or former micro preemie) and a sick 38 week term baby.

Regardless of what kind of whackadoodles the Bates are - I wish only the best for that baby.

38 weeks is actually a term baby and I am not at all sure that child has a swan (I wonder if it is just artifact from the hand covers) and the gossip is the child is already better. So I wonder if the child just had transient tachypnea of the new born (babies with this problem usually do very well).

I feel sorry for the child. He did not ask for this. I wonder if he has a heart problem. I also wonder what kind of prenatal care Kelly received.

Are they also part of the Scamaratan "insurance"?

They have no health insurance and go to a little Christian clinic for prenatal care (for free).

Someone commented: "how precious:) looks good and healthy, how much did he weigh?" He is covered in wires! What are you talking about?! AGGGGH that poor little baby.

A couple thoughts:

1) Kelly's been taking lessons from J'chelle about grinning like a beauty queen while her child is gravely ill.

2) Thanks for stiffing ME with the bill, Gil. I appreciate it (NOT!)

3) A lot of Down's babies have heart/breathing problems. Just sayin'

4) She'll be knocked up again by the end of the summer.

A couple thoughts:

1) Kelly's been taking lessons from J'chelle about grinning like a beauty queen while her child is gravely ill.

2) Thanks for stiffing ME with the bill, Gil. I appreciate it (NOT!)

3) A lot of Down's babies have heart/breathing problems. Just sayin'

4) She'll be knocked up again by the end of the summer.

Isn't the talk that TLC is getting the tab for this one, since they were filming? They are damn lucky, or they might has surpassed Scamaritan's limited and would have had to foot the bill themselves (haha yeah right!).

I don't know that they do Scamaritan. Gil said on an interview that they haven't had any healthcare for the last 7 or so kids, but it doesn't matter - they can walk into any emergency room and get great healthcare for free! (In other words, the taxpayers get to pay for it.)

IF TLC is taping them, I doubt the contract would say it would "pay for the birth and all healthcare costs associated" but more like a set amount of $10K or $25K or whatever lump sum for all taping/interviews. Hopefully the kid'll get out of the hospital soon so that money can pay for the medical costs. A baby in the NICU can sure rack up bills quickly.

Poor little fella, I hope he'll be ok.

A couple of years ago I used to have a light "fundie crush" on Gil (lol, how bizarre) but that ship has sailed. :shifty:

They, along with their Northwestern Arkansas friends, should stop now and enjoy the 19 children they have. It's not a contest.

I hope mother and child are ok.

Having said that:

Stop making it about the COUNTING: 38 soldiers for Jesus! I just feel sorry for the kids. Yes, they were wanted by their parents, but for what purpose? They must spend a fortune on koolaid.

Having said that:

Stop making it about the COUNTING: 38 soldiers for Jesus! I just feel sorry for the kids. Yes, they were wanted by their parents, but for what purpose? They must spend a fortune on koolaid.

the son who buys the groceries must spend a fortune on KoolAid... or they spend a bunch of foodstamps on KoolAid. i cannot stand this family. :evil:

Having said that:

Lawson (or whoever it is that does the shopping) must buy in bulk directly from the manufacturer. ;) Although, it's probably still incredibly expensive for people who can barely afford to feed their children as it is.

Archived