IGNORED

AFA demands JC Penny fire Ellen DeGeneres

dawn9476

Well, I just bought a new comforter, sheets, and other bed accessories that I had needed. (And shipping was free!)

I sent this note, too...

After learning about the groups trying to hassle JCPenny about having Ellen DeGeneres as a spokesperson, I wanted to say I am very thankful to your company for keeping her. Despite what a small group of people might think, she is loved and respected by millions of people to whom her sexuality is of no concern.

I had to purchase bed linens and have been putting it off for months. My plan was to go to another store, but after hearing about your company's refusal to bow under pressure to these hate groups, I purchased what I needed from JCPenny today.

Thank you!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous

I wonder if any of these million moms have cover girl makeup in their bathroom drawers. Ellen is a spokeswoman for that company too. I don't remember any hoopla over that. I will be stopping by my local JCP today to pick up a new jacket for my daughter who is leaving for a class camping trip next week.

I need new glasses -- JCP often sends me flyers for sales and deals. I think I'll check out their optical department.

That's a big ticket item, with my wacky eyes. And I'll make sure to let management know why I am shopping there, afterwards.

:D

I think I'm gonna go to JCP this week for some new jeans. I usually shop at Kohls but I think JCP is gonna be getting my business from now on. Yay for Ellen! :clap:

I wonder if any of these million moms have cover girl makeup in their bathroom drawers. Ellen is a spokeswoman for that company too. I don't remember any hoopla over that. I will be stopping by my local JCP today to pick up a new jacket for my daughter who is leaving for a class camping trip next week.

She was also a spokesperson for American Express.

It looks like One Million Mom's facebook page has just gone private. What am I going to turn to for hate-reading now?

You mean I have to like that shit to troll them? :(

It looks like One Million Mom's facebook page has just gone private. What am I going to turn to for hate-reading now?

They were up and running earlier today and they were getting absolutely bombed with pro-Ellen/JCP comments, and comments basically telling them what gigantic douches they were. Now I can't even find the page--I assumed the mods couldn't keep up with all the comments (they like to delete) so they just took the whole page down.

Clearly they didn't expect this much blowback. I mean, when Bill O'Reilly is taking Ellen's and JCP's side, you know you screwed up.

Welcome to the big leagues,One Million 40 Thousand Moms!

Oh, did anyone else that their parent organization, AFA, is on SPLC's hate group list? I missed that until today.

OMM is back, with this message for all the haters:

One Million Moms

OMM isn't going anywhere so we need your help! Occasionally we will be on break to do a clean sweep of negative comments. As you can see many bigoted minded liberals who hate Christians because of our faith are spamming our facebook page. Nothing new really, but this means we must really be getting to them. They have nothing else better to do than troll our page, but tolerance goes both ways. Scripture says we will be persecuted so this means we must be doing something right. We want to keep this page open for comments for our friends. However, as you can see some folks are always going to have a bigoted and narrow mind when our faith is expressed. Please help us by reporting these comments, and understanding that we will not be able to delete them all. You can also help by showing these lost, narrow minded liberal the true love of Jesus Christ. Thank you!

Spam=links to contests to win a brand new iPad or video of girl doing this totally outrageous thing.

Spam=/=people disagreeing with you.

Wow, the post has nearly 6500 comments.

There were a ton of pro-PP messages on their post about that whole fiasco. Including one from me. :)

It does not even occur to them that the average mom thinks they are apeshit crazy?

Who cares if the fundies dont shop there. Its not like they can afford to buy anything from there that is not on sale or used.

Frankly, that's a huge selling point, so double win for JCP. Ellen is their new spokesperson, and I won't have to even see annoying, interfering, asshole fundies when I shop there !

I haven't shopped at JCP for years, but I will now give them a try again and tell them it's specifically because of Ellen :D

Edited to add: I just went to the JCP website and saw a bunch of clothes and shoes that I am interested in. Their prices are really good, lots of tops in the $20 range, jeans reasonably priced, dress pants, nice looking sandals, etc. Oh yes, I will be trying JCP out again, and it's all thanks to Ellen DeGeneres :)

There were a ton of pro-PP messages on their post about that whole fiasco. Including one from me. :)

It does not even occur to them that the average mom thinks they are apeshit crazy?

Of course not -- that's part of the whole "anyone who disagrees with us HATES ALL CHRISTIANS!!!!111!!!" mindset.

I love and respect many Christians. Probably, everyone who commented either is Christian or loves and respects many Christians.

Doesn't matter; to them, disagreement = hate.

Can you imagine living with a mind that works that way? Sometimes they rouse my pity almost as much as my disgust.

Apparently, OMM is not only deleting anti-OMM comments, but they are reporting them as spam. A couple people have received warnings from Facebook about spamming when that's not really what they did. I'm assuming that if OMM reports one person enough times for "spam", then that person can have their Facebook page deleted. Can OMM do this, or does can Facebook be contacted about what they're up to (and will Facebook do anything about it)?

One of my FB friends pointed out last night that searching "One Million Moms" on FB is an interesting experience. You can find lots of other groups in the search, like "One Million Human Beings Against One Million Moms", "Support What OMM Boycotts", "Stop One Million Moms", etc. I had to Like his comment :)

I emailed JC Penney yesterday to let them know that they are full of the awesome. I received an email back within 6 hours thanking me for the support and agreeing that they think Ellen is an awesome spokesperson for their company. I live in Canada, so have no stores around me, but I will definitely check out the web shopping options now. I've never actually emailed a company before, but I thought they might like to get a positive email in amongst all the crazy fundie ones they're probably receiving these days.

OMM is back, with this message for all the haters:

Spam=links to contests to win a brand new iPad or video of girl doing this totally outrageous thing.

Spam=/=people disagreeing with you.

Wow, the post has nearly 6500 comments.

OMM deleted the entire post and replaced it with one telling people to go to their website if "Facebook decides to do away with our page." I don't see their Facebook page lasting much longer.

qHEVu64pZsA

Wow, hell must have frozen over, because even Bill O'Reilly is defending Ellen. Of course, I don't think he's in support of homosexuality as much as the right of businesses to do whatever the fuck they want, but I guess it's a side benefit. Even O'Reilly thinks OMM is acting against the "spirit of America".

One Million Moms

OMM isn't going anywhere so we need your help! Occasionally we will be on break to do a clean sweep of negative comments. As you can see many bigoted minded liberals who hate Christians because of our faith are spamming our facebook page. Nothing new really, but this means we must really be getting to them. They have nothing else better to do than troll our page, but tolerance goes both ways. Scripture says we will be persecuted so this means we must be doing something right. We want to keep this page open for comments for our friends. However, as you can see some folks are always going to have a bigoted and narrow mind when our faith is expressed. Please help us by reporting these comments, and understanding that we will not be able to delete them all. You can also help by showing these lost, narrow minded liberal the true love of Jesus Christ. Thank you!

:laughing-rolling: Is there a "We're being persecuted by the internet" badge they could put on their Facebook page?

"You can also help by showing these lost, narrow minded liberal the true love of Jesus Christ." By calling them hate-filled bigots because they are not being narrow-minded when it comes to homosexuality. Oh, I think my head's going to explode.

Seriously, who hates Ellen? Even my cranky old granddad loves Ellen, and he's your stereotypical bad-tempered, Fox-News addicted, grumpy old man.

Ellen is always going to have her haters. I'm not a huge O'Reilly fan, but I loved how he stood up for Ellen. I have looked through OMM's site several times and I think OMM is a half ass organization and they don't do all their homework on certain things. OMM has tried to lead boycotts against companies that advertise when Teen Nick airs Degrassi. Degrassi has featured several storylines involving LGBT teens and teen sex. OMM refers to it as "Teen Nick's Degrassi". Teen Nick technically doesn't own Degrassi because it is a Canadian show. Teen Nick was previously known as Noggin. Noggin started reairing Degrassi back in 2002. OMM doesn't realize that Degrassi has been airing in the US for at least ten years and also MTV aired Degrassi reruns and some broadcast affiliates also air reruns. There are a few other examples of OMM not knowing certain details about the things they boycott.

Out of 40,000 moms, not one is terribly web saavy. Sure their Facebook page is private, but you can click on their photos and comment on any of them without liking the page. They haven't deleted the negative comments on the photos either. :)

I just heard Ron Johnson, the head of JC Penney's, say (on CNN) that keeping Ellen on as spokesperson was the easiest decision he's ever made.

Yay!

I just heard Ron Johnson, the head of JC Penney's, say (on CNN) that keeping Ellen on as spokesperson was the easiest decision he's ever made.

Yay!

I saw this gentleman this morning on one of the news programs. He seems like a solid and decent guy. I'm so glad JCPenney is keeping Ellen.

Archived