IGNORED

AFA demands JC Penny fire Ellen DeGeneres

dawn9476

No need for a road trip - shop online!

This is true, but I do have to try on clothing and shoes first to make sure they truly fit.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been a fan of Ellen since the days of her sitcom. I don't often watch her show, but I caught it a few weeks ago, and I love that she seems to be sending out a message of, "Be yourself, be comfortable with who you are." LOVE that she just gets up and dances with the audience.

Are there ANY good (not homophobic/not assholish/etc) organizations with the word Family in the title? Because all of them that I've seen have a ridiculous, narrow, and outdated view of what a family is.

I want to start the American Family Organization and have it dedicated to ALL families. Heterosexual married people, opposite-sex people, with kids, without kids...

Funny how Newt Gingrich is one of those thinking he has the right to pass judgement on "non-traditional" families when he himself hasn't been a faithful husband.

Morons!

Say what?!? Oh my gosh! JLO advertises for a car brand that I would bet most of the customers are rich, white, midlife crisis men. Maybe, gasp, the afa just like celebs telling them what to buy but only if they are exactly like them? That makes so much sense.

Oh, and who the #$%@ are the AFA that they "demand" a company fire anyone? Who do they think they are to tell a business what to do? The arrogance, it hurts.

This ^^^^^

Why they think that what they think is so much better, more important, and valid than what everyone else thinks is astounding to me.

ETA - the majority of my clothes aside from my jeans come from JCP. Love that store, and love it even more now.

There's Minnesotans United for All Families, the group formed to campaign against the anti-marriage amendment.

Their main opposition is M4M, Minnesotans 4 Marriage, Mr. Senator Bachmann's favorite part of the personals.

Note to self: Start shopping at JC Penney after we move. (The mall we go to now doesn't have a JCP, and I also don't like to order clothes if I can't predict how they'll fit.)

Could the AFA be any dumber? I'm pretty sure that Ellen is palatable to the mainstream, or she wouldn't have a daytime talk show or be a CoverGirl model. But they couldn't miss a chance to put their homophobia on display.

JC Penny is reinventing themselves and have hired Ellen to be their new spokesperson. This has ticked off the American "Family" Association of course and they have demanded she be fired.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z1lEoOKQlN

Who cares if the fundies dont shop there. Its not like they can afford to buy anything from there that is not on sale or used.

Jesus said not a single word against gays. He had quite a bit to say against divorce.

So why aren't the "family" type organizations getting their knickers in a wad about all the divorced people who are spokes people for whatever? Why does divorce seem to get a free pass? Doesn't make any sense.

This is just a grab for headlines. Ellen is totally palatable to the mainstream. She's one of the "non-offensive gays". Most people in America are not so rabidly anti-gay that they can't enjoy Ellen or Neil Patrick Harris. Just because they wouldn't want a gay child, or they don't believe gays should be able to marry, doesn't mean they're going to boycott JCP b/c Ellen Degeneres is the spokesperson. Plus, this isn't even grabbing real headlines -- it's the Daily Mail. They love to create pretend controversy, especially if there's a right wing slant to it.

*YAWN* AFA has so many boycotts going on they can't keep track of them all. They especially have venom for Home Depot for supporting teh gheyz....maybe since it's a "traditional manly" place.

American Family Association has issues with just about anyone and anything in this country. This whole thing with Ellen and JC Penny does not surprise me one bit. This is the same group who released a video after the VA Tech massacre, stating that the reason why this tragic event happened was because of the lack of prayers in school, sex out of wedlock, violence being shown on tv and movies, abortions, stem cell research, etc. This same group sent out an email to their members back in 2007 to send an email to their senators to oppose a Hindu prayer that the majority leader Harry Reid wanted to do since he believed in Gandhi's beliefs. Their reasonings behind it: Hindus believe in multiple Gods which would make it completely outside of the American paradigm.

Surprise, surprise, some fundie families actually support this group--Duggars and Bates, for example.

I love Ellen and I love JC Penny--all the more for me to support them both even more.

This.

Yes. I believe that, when one calls the AFA, they answer the phone:

"AFA, home of petty, small-minded busybody asswipe fuckwits. How may I direct your call?"

:D

Here's Ellen's response to the Million Moms, etc.

_zNKTTtAXCs

How can anyone not love Ellen? She's so cute.

(edited to update video link)

This is just a grab for headlines. Ellen is totally palatable to the mainstream. She's one of the "non-offensive gays". Most people in America are not so rabidly anti-gay that they can't enjoy Ellen or Neil Patrick Harris. Just because they wouldn't want a gay child, or they don't believe gays should be able to marry, doesn't mean they're going to boycott JCP b/c Ellen Degeneres is the spokesperson. Plus, this isn't even grabbing real headlines -- it's the Daily Mail. They love to create pretend controversy, especially if there's a right wing slant to it.

I don't understand how even the most anti-gay person on the planet could not enjoy Neil Patrick Harris. He is the most awesome, delightful human being on the planet.

ETA: Plus, I don't know how anybody could look at him and his partner and their children and be anti-gay. They are so fricking adorable I can't take it.

I <3 Ellen. And while I don't care for JCPenny merchandise, I will try to find something I like there. Just to show up AFA.

They have good window treatments. I'm intrigued by this "one price" policy they've begun instead of discounts and sales. I lost 30 minutes of my life when my [insane] [but majorly talented] interior designer haggled for that amount of time over the cheapest way to buy a lamp and then send it to her brother in the boonies. The JCP salesperson patiently [to say the least!] worked with her despite the growing line of disgruntled customers waiting to check out. I don't fault the saleswoman, it was the manager's place to open another register or tell my designer to get the heck out.

I really need nothing but when I do will consider JCP instead of my usual haunts (Bed Bath & Beyond, Home Depot and Goodwill!).

They have good window treatments. I'm intrigued by this "one price" policy they've begun instead of discounts and sales.

Those commercials cracked me up!!! Apparently, they affected the hair salon by dropping all the prices-now my person there is worried it'll affect her income (probably wanted a larger tip from me-but she does AWESOME work, so it would be worth it anyways).

Anyways, I rent a room and I've already decorated my one window, but it's rather.....college-y done, so I might go see what else they have so I'm not weighing down the fake valence treatments (that I created by folding over the extra material) with used makeup containers...

I just bought one of my twins prom dress at JCPenny. Hopefully, we will find another perfect dress at JCPenny for the other twin. Take that Million Moms!

Hmm, maybe this weekend while teh hubz is gone, my boy and I can take a stroll down to JCP. There's one in walking distance of me. :)

I don't shop at JCP, but I am terribly in need of bed linens. I will be purchasing them there. Maybe right now, since I'm remembering it.

Archived