IGNORED

AFA demands JC Penny fire Ellen DeGeneres

dawn9476

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a bunch of assholes.

I love Ellen and Portia. They are my favorite celebrity couple, they seem like a normal family that just lives their lives and stays out of dramaz. I would let them babysit my kids! There are not a lot of celebs you can say that about. Ironically, most of the family friendly celebrity couples are LGBT.

eta: I mean it is ironic because the family values crowd hates them so much, not because there is something unfamilyish about gay couples.

Morons!

"Funny that JC Penney thinks hiring an open homosexual spokesperson will help their business when most of their customers are traditional families,' reads a statement on the site, which claims more sales will be lost than gained by the move."

I love Ellen and Portia. They are my favorite celebrity couple, they seem like a normal family that just lives their lives and stays out of dramaz. I would let them babysit my kids! There are not a lot of celebs you can say that about. Ironically, most of the family friendly celebrity couples are LGBT.

eta: I mean it is ironic because the family values crowd hates them so much, not because there is something unfamilyish about gay couples.

There was a poll a while back that said that Ellen and Portia were the celebrity couple that most parents would want to watch their kids.

I guess I'll be going to JC Penny more often now. It's just like donating to Planned Parenthood, it's a way to piss off the homophobes and sexists.

Uggh stuff like this has happened before when Ellen gets involved with certain companies. She is pretty aware of the haters but she just ignores them. I remember a few years back, Pat Robertson called her "Ellen DeGenerate" and Ellen laughed it off and said that she had been called "DeGenerate" as kid by classmates.

I just love their wording and the accidental honesty of it. It's all because she is an open homosexual! Cause, you know, those are the worst: those that are honest, happy, able to create healthy relationship and families, no built-in self-hate.

They have all the use in the world for the latter, but us happy, out queers are just such a giant pain in their asses, aren't we?

Morons!

That is definately a stupid comment because Ellen's show wouldn't be the success it is without moms that have traditonal families.

There was a poll a while back that said that Ellen and Portia were the celebrity couple that most parents would want to watch their kids.

I'd borrow somebody else's kids just to have those two over and be able to hang out with them, no lie.

Uggh stuff like this has happened before when Ellen gets involved with certain companies. She is pretty aware of the haters but she just ignores them. I remember a few years back, Pat Robertson called her "Ellen DeGenerate" and Ellen laughed it off and said that she had been called "DeGenerate" as kid by classmates.

I know a lot of people who call her that, including my dad. It really irritates me.

We don't have a JCP, but I plan to write an email to them.

If they fired her for being a lesbian, she could sue them right? I know she is not hurting for money, but I would like to think we protect people from this crap.

Man, even if you are homophobic, how can you hate Ellen? I thought she was one of those celebrities where morons would be like, "I don't like gay people, but I like her," kwim? And don't tell me tons of those pearl clutchers don't watch Ellen every damn day at 3:00. I mean, what are they supposed to do without Oprah? :roll:

I'm going to take the money I would have donated to Komen and go shopping at JCP.

I shop from JCP all the time - their prices go down an incredible amount toward the end of the season, and the quality is typically better than, say, Old Navy (though I shop there too). All of my pajamas and most of my sweaters are from JCP. And they post pretty detailed sizing charts for their different brands, which has allowed me to shop online even in petite sizes and have everything fit. Since I've shopped from them online, recently, I've been getting their emails about their new image. I haven't seen Ellen on anything yet, but if anything this just reinforces my desire to shop there.

I like Ellen and Portia, too. They seem so low-key. And I'd rather have them babysit by (hypothetical) kids than Mullet and Jim Boob.

Still, I'm kind of bummed that there is no JCP near me. Low prices and Ellen? That's enough to get me to part with my money. I guess I'll have to make a road trip.

Oh, and who the #$%@ are the AFA that they "demand" a company fire anyone? Who do they think they are to tell a business what to do? The arrogance, it hurts.

I like Ellen and Portia, too. They seem so low-key. And I'd rather have them babysit by (hypothetical) kids than Mullet and Jim Boob.

Still, I'm kind of bummed that there is no JCP near me. Low prices and Ellen? That's enough to get me to part with my money. I guess I'll have to make a road trip.

No need for a road trip - shop online!

Archived